FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] SGH-I747 Vanilla RootBox [04/08][v4.2][DEVELOPMENT THREAD]

4,421 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,951
 
By bajee11, Retired Recognized Developer on 5th January 2013, 04:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2013, 06:08 AM |#721  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by z34370z

Just tried tasks 4.2.2 ROM which supposedly had Bluetooth fixed. Its not. Same crackly highs that all the other 4.2.1 ROMs have although it seems its not as bad.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Not meaning to continue to take this thread off track, but I had noticed somebody posted something in the KT747 kernel thread about a combination of vanilla rootbox 3.71 and the KT747 kernel supposedly solving all their bluetooth issues. I was reading through it earlier and someone was raving about it being fixed for them. I don't use bluetooth really, but hope this helps.

Awesome work on Vanilla Rootbox by the way! After my first few weeks of being rom flash happy, Vanilla Rootbox has become my favorite so far. Look forward to 4.2.2 when it is released!
 
 
17th February 2013, 06:45 AM |#722  
bajee11's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 14,951
 
More
New nightly up - Android 4.2.2
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to bajee11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bajee11 Ad-Free
17th February 2013, 07:37 AM |#723  
RiNo808's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 115
 
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM] SGH-I747 Vanilla RootBox [13/02][v3.7.1][Per-App-DPI][PIE]
Question, can I dirty flash from 4.2.1 to the nightly 4.2.2?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
17th February 2013, 08:52 AM |#724  
F1reEng1neRed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Honolulu, HI
Thanks Meter: 175
 
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM] SGH-I747 Vanilla RootBox [13/02][v3.7.1][Per-App-DPI][PIE]
You can try, but I normally just restore from titanium backup after an o/s update.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to F1reEng1neRed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift F1reEng1neRed Ad-Free
17th February 2013, 03:04 PM |#725  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM] SGH-I747 Vanilla RootBox [13/02][v3.7.1][Per-App-DPI][PIE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by droid_funktionz

Not meaning to continue to take this thread off track, but I had noticed somebody posted something in the KT747 kernel thread about a combination of vanilla rootbox 3.71 and the KT747 kernel supposedly solving all their bluetooth issues. I was reading through it earlier and someone was raving about it being fixed for them. I don't use bluetooth really, but hope this helps.

Awesome work on Vanilla Rootbox by the way! After my first few weeks of being rom flash happy, Vanilla Rootbox has become my favorite so far. Look forward to 4.2.2 when it is released!

I get random reboots with any new kt747 kernel. I can try it out but I usually get a random reboot per day with KT kernel at least. Usually when watching YouTube videos.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
17th February 2013, 03:08 PM |#726  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 115
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiNo808

Question, can I dirty flash from 4.2.1 to the nightly 4.2.2?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

i dirty flashed and it was fine.
17th February 2013, 04:25 PM |#727  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Running the nightly 4.2.2 just released. Everything is running smooth so far. Great release!

One request I would love to see is the ability to add 8 lockscreen slider targets. I know I have seen it in a few screenshots around.

Thanks for the update!
17th February 2013, 04:25 PM |#728  
dxwilliams40's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Savannah, GA
Thanks Meter: 347
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM] SGH-I747 Vanilla RootBox [13/02][v3.7.1][Per-App-DPI][PIE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by z34370z

Just tried tasks 4.2.2 ROM which supposedly had Bluetooth fixed. Its not. Same crackly highs that all the other 4.2.1 ROMs have although it seems its not as bad.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Please remember that 4.2.1 or 4.2.2 were never released for this phone. The devs are doing a hell of a job simply to have it functioning well at this point.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to dxwilliams40 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dxwilliams40 Ad-Free
17th February 2013, 05:37 PM |#729  
mrnovanova's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 766
 
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM] SGH-I747 Vanilla RootBox [13/02][v3.7.1][Per-App-DPI][PIE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by droid_funktionz

Running the nightly 4.2.2 just released. Everything is running smooth so far. Great release!

One request I would love to see is the ability to add 8 lockscreen slider targets. I know I have seen it in a few screenshots around.

Thanks for the update!

Why 8? You have 4 lock screen targets plus 4 and maybe more (not sure) shortcuts.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium HD app
17th February 2013, 06:30 PM |#730  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnovanova

Why 8? You have 4 lock screen targets plus 4 and maybe more (not sure) shortcuts.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium HD app

I believe it is an option on a few other aokp ROM's. Someone in another thread mentioned Slimbean has this option to enable it. I am not completely sure I would use this feature but I was curious about it and thought it might be a cool feature to see and try out. I tend to use my slider shortcuts more than the tiny shortcuts. (I hope my answer was good enough for you.) BTW my feature request was to the developer, not you

Lets respect this devs thread and PM me if you have any more questions about my request.
17th February 2013, 07:56 PM |#731  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM] SGH-I747 Vanilla RootBox [13/02][v3.7.1][Per-App-DPI][PIE]
ran this rom for a couple days so far..it's really nice work..but I can't receive picture text anymore...any fix? thanks

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes