[Q] Screen recording with LG P880

Search This thread

alekthefirst

May 19, 2012
I am trying to record activities on my phone screen with Screencast Video Recorder but the video recorded has only LG logo in it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ms.screencastfree

Is there a way to overcome this problem?

Note: My phone is rooted with EU Open 10H.

you cant screencast/record sreen this way with the 4X
short story:
4X has an nVidia tegra 3 cpu
every screencast app available requires the NEON feature
Tegra 3 doesnt support NEON
nVidias fault...

Subhajitdas298

Sep 10, 2012
Kolkata
what!!

you cant screencast/record sreen this way with the 4X
short story:
4X has an nVidia tegra 3 cpu
every screencast app available requires the NEON feature
Tegra 3 doesnt support NEON
nVidias fault...

are you sure? Check wikipedia or any other tool. Even mx player and vidcon use neon codec. I think it's sofware's fault. It said not to be supported on nexus, tegra 2/3.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

I am trying to record activities on my phone screen with Screencast Video Recorder but the video recorded has only LG logo in it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ms.screencastfree

Is there a way to overcome this problem?

Note: My phone is rooted with EU Open 10H.

have you read before download?
"Does not work on Galaxy Nexus or Tegra 2/3". Maybe an alternative available. How about giving a overlay of chainfire 3d before installing this?

Last edited:

postacik

Feb 4, 2013
Istanbul
I have read Screencast information before downloading and I'm aware that it says it does not support Tegra3.

My question was about the "LG Logo" being recorded.

Screencast seems to be working fine, it does not complain about the Tegra3 chip while recording, but when you watch the video recorded, what you see is an LG logo with "LG" text.

I tried another application (whose name I can not remember), the same thing, LG logo.

Is there any other application you know which can record like Screencast and does not require the NEON feature? (whatever it is...)

Can anybody with any custom ROM installed try to record with Screencast?

Last edited:

alekthefirst

May 19, 2012
You didnt see the problem.

the NEON i talked about is a feature enabled in the cpu

All known to me screen recording apps uses this feature to request a raw copy of the data that goes to the screen, which is then saved as something you can use later

When nVidia created Tegra 2 - and later Tegra 3 - they chose not to implement this feature - for reasons unknown to me.

Instead the kernel will give it a copy of the initial boot picture. This cannot be changed

Sorry if the language was hard to understand.
Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Oh; i forgot to mention that certain apps - as cpu control apps - mistakenly reports NEON as enabled. This is wrong

friartuckme

Dec 15, 2008
cheshire
alexthefirst i think it is you who is not doing the reading,sorry, he states that the application itself works fine,it is recording good, the problem which he seems to be stating is some type of watermark saying only lg logo.i think he may mean the .LGPL logo

exFAT

Dec 21, 2012

All known to me screen recording apps uses this feature to request a raw copy of the data that goes to the screen, which is then saved as something you can use later

When nVidia created Tegra 2 - and later Tegra 3 - they chose not to implement this feature - for reasons unknown to me.

Instead the kernel will give it a copy of the initial boot picture. This cannot be changed

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Oh; i forgot to mention that certain apps - as cpu control apps - mistakenly reports NEON as enabled. This is wrong

Where on earth do you get your bull****? Lol Tegra 2 doesn't have NEON, but Tegra 3 does support NEON. Also, where did you get the idea that some apps wrongly reported Tegra 3 having NEON support? Do your checks before informing others of something.

From Anandtech: http://www.anandtech.com/show/5072/nvidias-tegra-3-launched-architecture-revealed

Wikipedia also says as much.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Subhajitdas298

Sep 10, 2012
Kolkata

Check this

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361080442573.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361080442573.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 181
Reactions: postacik

alekthefirst

May 19, 2012
I never read any wiki
This was based on experience

And if NEON was there; why would the kernel fail to retrieve and give the correct imagedata to the screen?
I tell you; that if NEON is there, and it might aswell be, then nVidia made it so bad that i would say you can hyperthread a old amd phenom cpu better
No offence amd users

exFAT

Dec 21, 2012
I never read any wiki

And if NEON was there; why would the kernel fail to retrieve and give the correct imagedata to the screen?
I tell you; that if NEON is there, and it might aswell be, then nVidia made it so bad that i would say you can hyperthread a old amd phenom cpu better
No offence amd users

Plenty of apps out there use NEON, and guess what? They work well on the Tegra 3. Furthermore, the GNex does not support Screencast. By your logic, the GNex (an OMAP4460) does not support NEON?

By experience? Your experience in this case is hardly reliable. Oh gosh, I calculated g to be equal to -3 metres per second per second using my heartbeat and a feather. All the people over at NASA must be wrong. g is definitely nothing close to 9.8 metres per second per second.

And about NEON implementation: you can't have lousy implementation. You either support it or you don't. End of story.

Last edited:

alekthefirst

May 19, 2012
Where did heartbeats n` feathers enter this discussion?

The OP wanted to know if and why about screen recording. And i answered based on my experience with tegra 2.

You CAN do screen records on this phone. But that ends up sending the fps down to 6-8.

Until someone makes somethimg really different; screencasts wont work

The end

exFAT

Dec 21, 2012

The OP wanted to know if and why about screen recording. And i answered based on my experience with tegra 2.

You CAN do screen records on this phone. But that ends up sending the fps down to 6-8.

The end

This is Tegra 3, not Tegra 2. There is no such thing as partial/crappy NEON support. Your experience is totally unreliable. NEON works on this phone. So do many NEON apps. GNex has NEON and doesn't support Screencast, that doesn't mean it does not have NEON/has ****ty NEON.

You, sir, should do your research before posting. Is it that hard to understand what I just posted?

Last edited:

postacik

Feb 4, 2013
Istanbul
Hey friends, I'm sorry to put you in a quarrel with a simple question.

I want to thank you all, for teaching me many things that I didn't know.

What I understand from your discussion is like this:

1. Tegra3 supports NEON instructions, Tegra2 does not.
2. Screencast uses NEON instructions to get a raw copy of the data that goes to the screen.
3. Although Tegra3 supports NEON instructions, Screencast lists Tegra3 devices as UNSUPPORTED. (who knows why?)
4. LG firmware sends a picture of the LG Logo when screen data is requested using NEON instructions.

Have I understood it correctly?

Last edited:

alekthefirst

May 19, 2012
This is Tegra 3, not Tegra 2. There is no such thing as partial/crappy NEON support. Your experience is totally unreliable. NEON works on this phone. So do many NEON apps. GNex has NEON and doesn't support Screencast, that doesn't mean it does not have NEON/has ****ty NEON.

You, sir, should do your research before posting. Is it that hard to understand what I just posted?

Iil make something clear:
1. I never read anything from google, wikipedia or nVidia before posting on this thread
2. I am never going to do so
3. As far as i know you may work at nvidias factory or something
4. Your facts sounds correct, my may not. Depends on the reader
5. The NEON chizz was something i read in the sept-oct period last year, when i tried SC myself.
6. I dont have time for this

Now go geek youself through some whitepapers and teach me why SC doesnt work.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

And one more thing: i am not mad; i managed to do this without any swearwords
:eek:

Subhajitdas298

Sep 10, 2012
Kolkata
I never read any wiki

No offence amd users

No offense but tegra may have some problem or screencast may have some compatibility issues. It can both too. But believe me, tegra 3 have NEON, surely.

exFAT

Dec 21, 2012
Iil make something clear:
1. I never read anything from google, wikipedia or nVidia before posting on this thread
2. I am never going to do so
3. As far as i know you may work at nvidias factory or something
4. Your facts sounds correct, my may not. Depends on the reader
5. The NEON chizz was something i read in the sept-oct period last year, when i tried SC myself.
6. I dont have time for this

Now go geek youself through some whitepapers and teach me why SC doesnt work.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

And one more thing: i am not mad; i managed to do this without any swearwords
:eek:

LOL, XDA censors s h i t t y, it's not a swear word.

And no I don't work at nVidia, in fact I'd agree any day their Tegra 3 chip is horribly inefficient, lacking in terms of GPU, and just not up to the mark for a quad core. ScreenCast may just not support Tegra architecture, maybe it reads instructions a little differently. I find it funny how you continue to blatantly ignore the fact of Galaxy Nexus not supporting ScreenCast, saying that devices which don't support ScreenCast don't support NEON, when the Galaxy Nexus clearly supports NEON. Furthermore, Tegra 3 DOES support NEON apps such as some video players and music players, showing it does support NEON. You choosing to ignore such evidence and instead basing your claim solely off it not supporting ScreenCast is narrow minded at best. Call me a geek for actually bothering to do some rudimentary checks on whether the Tegra 3 supports NEON, but it appears you are just a rigid and ignorant moron shutting your eyes and ears and screaming "NOT TRUE" because you can't accept you're wrong. I'm the one wasting time here. To quote: Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how much you are winning, it will knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like it's won.

alekthefirst

May 19, 2012
I dont wany to quote your post, since its huge.

And this will be my last post in this thread. As request to stop this discussion and since you IGNORED the fact that i wrote in my previous post; that i may be wrong and you may be right

I choose to ignore the GN talk cuz i've never cared about the nexus'es. The only one i have cared a bit about is the N4; as the only current 4.1.2 port is from that.

I will never visit this thread again cuz i cant stop laughing about how angry you seem to be(or i may stop by to read the ANGRY response to this because i know it will come, fully supported by some whitesheets)

exFAT

Dec 21, 2012

And this will be my last post in this thread. As request to stop this discussion and since you IGNORED the fact that i wrote in my previous post; that i may be wrong and you may be right

I choose to ignore the GN talk cuz i've never cared about the nexus'es. The only one i have cared a bit about is the N4; as the only current 4.1.2 port is from that.

I will never visit this thread again cuz i cant stop laughing about how angry you seem to be(or i may stop by to read the ANGRY response to this because i know it will come, fully supported by some whitesheets)

picard-facepalm.jpg

And also...
and-there-seems-to-be-no-sign-of-intelligent-life-anywhere.jpg

Last edited:

Subhajitdas298

Sep 10, 2012
Kolkata

Can you shut up? And you should care about every phone related to android. Anyways don't keep any anger for anyone.I don't keep any anger for anyone. It clams me down.

Please stop the quarrel.

Yaa. Everyone (that includes me:p) is quarreling like kids fighing for candy forgetting where they are and what they should do now.

LOL, XDA censors s h i t t y, it's not a swear word.

And no I don't work at nVidia, in fact I'd agree any day their Tegra 3 chip is horribly inefficient, lacking in terms of GPU, and just not up to the mark for a quad core. ScreenCast may just not support Tegra architecture, maybe it reads instructions a little differently. I find it funny how you continue to blatantly ignore the fact of Galaxy Nexus not supporting ScreenCast, saying that devices which don't support ScreenCast don't support NEON, when the Galaxy Nexus clearly supports NEON. Furthermore, Tegra 3 DOES support NEON apps such as some video players and music players, showing it does support NEON. You choosing to ignore such evidence and instead basing your claim solely off it not supporting ScreenCast is narrow minded at best. Call me a geek for actually bothering to do some rudimentary checks on whether the Tegra 3 supports NEON, but it appears you are just a rigid and ignorant moron shutting your eyes and ears and screaming "NOT TRUE" because you can't accept you're wrong. I'm the one wasting time here. To quote: Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how much you are winning, it will knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like it's won.

You should stop insulting :mad:. By the way i like your comparing talent. Never heard that bird thing.:p

:(And to all, we should discuss about how do a screen record. We are just too much shifting from real mission.:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Check this

The end

The end

Please stop the quarrel.