[ROM][JB 4.2.1][Beta][Updated 3 Jan 2013] MazWoz-EVO [B4]

Search This thread

ironromulas

Aug 29, 2011
ok restored my nandroid B3, and you were right , all my info and apps are back(just like i had them this morning)
i flashed b4 over b3 and just cleared cacheds BUT when it boots up, my apps are there but the have green android icons? i cant use them, i know they r still installed on my phone but B4 rom doesnt read them.

what can i do?

Flash a2sd or run in terminal

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Always Glad to here about B5....I always come back to this ROM . Space is tight. Are people doing yes no yes on a2sd or yes yes yes. I havent ran with data or davjk moved not sure.....any thoughts...? Thanks Maz for the work. Been running your ROMs for some point in all the different progressions...

kendallc123

Oct 9, 2011
Lubbock, Texas
Flash a2sd or run in terminal

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Always Glad to here about B5....I always come back to this ROM . Space is tight. Are people doing yes no yes on a2sd or yes yes yes. I havent ran with data or davjk moved not sure.....any thoughts...? Thanks Maz for the work. Been running your ROMs for some point in all the different progressions...

Don't put app data to you ext partition. You'll get all kinds of crazy! I usually put dalvik to the ext partition

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
Um, I do the opposite? What's wrong with putting /data/data on the sd-ext partition?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Um, I do the opposite? What's wrong with putting /data/data on the sd-ext partition?

Read/write speeds to the SD card are sluggish compared to the internal memory, so moving data to the ext partition usually causes extremely bad lag issues. At least is always has for me.

Reactions: kendallc123

GLDavis

Sep 25, 2012
Virginia Beach
YouTube problem?

I saw that another user was having trouble with YouTube and so am I. I get to the website and select any video. I get the spinning wheel while the video loads and once it has, the slider at the bottom that allows you to go back or forward goes all the way to the right as if the video has ended.

Once I press the play, the slider goes from the far right to the beginning and then bounces right back to the far right.

So in essence, when it loads a video it will act as if it is at the end and I can't adjust the slider. It just stays to the right.

Any Ideas??????:confused:

mazwoz

Mar 3, 2011
mazwoz.zamzow.us
I saw that another user was having trouble with YouTube and so am I. I get to the website and select any video. I get the spinning wheel while the video loads and once it has, the slider at the bottom that allows you to go back or forward goes all the way to the right as if the video has ended.

Once I press the play, the slider goes from the far right to the beginning and then bounces right back to the far right.

So in essence, when it loads a video it will act as if it is at the end and I can't adjust the slider. It just stays to the right.

Any Ideas??????:confused:

There are only a few things I can think of.

1. Clear data on YouTube
2. Fix Permissions
3. Re-Flash Gapps

YouTube works most of the time for me without issues. I haven't been able to replicate this at all. Sorry.

Reactions: GLDavis and Mazda
X

Xdaoscar996

I use ROLLeyoutube. Its a YouTube app with a download button. It works better than regular YouTube. It looks like the old youtube v2.1 something

Last edited:

GLDavis

Sep 25, 2012
Virginia Beach
Well another user helped me. I just rooted for the first time and needed to install the app! Didn't I feel stupid.
NEXT QUESTION-using Bluetooth has been affecting my volume controls. if it's active but not connected to anything it can make my volume so low I can't hear anything like reminders or alarms. If I turn it off after having been on that doesn't fix the problem either. The only way to clear up is to reboot. Any ideas on this one?

Reactions: JM-PDA

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
Nice work on this, I was curious to see how this would run on the evo, and to my surprise it infact is a very smooth build, must say you have done this section a great
deal of pleasure. with the few minor bugs that you have in the build its almost not even a hicup, to take this type of software and run it on this type of phone as nice as it
does is a 100 percent sucess. I see even the kernel is nicely done aswell. I have enjoyed pulling this apart to see how you have gotten this to where you have at this point in time, very nice work inside this build.

and thanks for your long hours you have logged into this.

would you mind if I build a theme for this in my spare time?

well ty again .

GLDavis

Sep 25, 2012
Virginia Beach
Anyone else getting process.android phone stop unexpectedly? Doesn't seem to effect anything.

Yes I'm getting it AND I think when that happens it is causing my volume levels to go haywire. (all volumes) when you look at them under sound for instance might all be at maximum. But when needed for anything like voice commands or alerts, alarms they are barely audible. Even if I try and reset them it doesn't work and the only way to resolve is to reboot the system.

The ringer for calls though remains unaffected.

No one else experiencing this?

Mordred69

Jun 20, 2011
San Juan, PR
www.hammedsilva.com
MazWoz, I gotta say, thanks for your hard work. I wanted to ask 2 things:

1. I have been reading on Linaro (?) - Is this something you can use to build your ROM? I have been using another ROM that mentioned it and, sincerely, I have yet to use one as smoother as that one. I will try yours this weekend. Sooner if...

2. Is netflix working? I have been reading your thread, you said it was an issue with codex, and that you were working on it. Nothing else is mentioned about it. I did a search, too.

Thank you again, sir! I know you do this out of the kindness of your heart and I don't want this to feel as if I am pushing, I am just asking to satisfy curiosity. :good:

Best,

Mord.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MazWoz ROMs presents MazWoz-EVO

This is the "Beta" build in the series using the Evervolv source code as a base

Changelog
    Code:
    20 Oct 2012 - Initial Build

29 Oct 2012 - B2

[LIST=1]
    [*]Updated Apex Launcher
    [*]Kernel Work
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Deadline I/O Scheduler added
    [*]Mazwoz Frequency Governor added
    [/LIST]

14 Nov 12 - B3

[LIST=1]
    [*]Added Apps
    [LIST]
    [*]DSPManager
    [*]Apollo
    [*]JB 4.2 Camera
    [*]JB 4.2 Keyboard
    [*]JB 4.2 Deskclock
    [*]ADW Launcher
    [/LIST]

[*]Kernel Work
    [LIST]
    [*]HAVS added
    [/LIST]

[*] Updated power_profile.xml (compiled)
    [*] GPS Fix
    [/LIST]

3 Jan 2013 - Beta 4
    [LIST]
    [*] Code base updated to 4.2 (Comes with native quick settings)
    [*] Fixed critical security hole in kernel
    [*] Updated several packages
    [*] Youtube working
    [*] Netflix unconfirmed, netflix app may be having issues (may be the app it's self)
    [*] Fixed Apollo FC
    [*] Fixed dspManager FC
    [*] Changed to Apex Launcher
    [*] Fixed A2SD ( follow second post to install )
    [*] Increased System and Data partition sizes for better app management
    [/LIST]
    ROM Includes
    Code:
    ADW Launcher
    Evervolv Toolbox
    Evervolv Settings
    4.2 GAPPS
    Apollo
    DSPManager
    Working
    Code:
    [COLOR=seagreen]Audio[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=seagreen]Camera - Some issues with speed and panorama[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=seagreen]Video playback[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=seagreen]Video recording - some issues with display but records correctly[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=seagreen]WiFi[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=seagreen]Project Butter/HWA[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=SeaGreen]GPS[/COLOR] ***B2***
    [COLOR=SeaGreen]A2SD[/COLOR]
    Not Working
    Code:
    [COLOR=red]Camera/Video - recording having some minor issues. Still usable though.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=red]FFC.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=red]WiMax.[/COLOR]
    Thanks to:
    Evervolv (Prelude Drew) for the initial work and all of the help
    atyoung for a lot of kernel work
    GitHub

Install Instructions:

1. Download ROM
    2. Download GPS Fix
    3. Download GApps (20121212 )
    4. Put ROM on SD Card
    5. Put GPS Fix on SD Card
    6. Put Gapps on SD Card
    7. Reboot into recovery
    8. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    9. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    10. Install ROM
    11. Install Gapps
    12. Boot new ROM

Download ROM

Download Gapps

GPS FIX!!!! <<< Download Link
    Installing A2SD:

1. Open Terminal Emulator (app in the app drawer)
    2. Type "su" without the quotes
    3. Allow Terminal Emulator super user access
    4. Type "a2sd install" without the quotes
    5. Type 'y' for cache without the quotes
    6. Type 'n' for data without the quotes
    7. Type 'y' for reboot without the quotes
    Good stuff Maz, you've really proven yourself here. You have some fans :good:

Im always here if you need a hand dude

Thanks man. Working on BT and FFC

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
    ***SCREENSHOTS***

BATTERY LIFE
    sc1 (2).png

GOVERNOR AND I/O SCHEDULER
    sc1 (5).png

APEX LAUNCHER
    sc1 (3).png

ADW LAUNCHER
    sc1 (1).png

ADW FOLDERS
    sc1 (4).png

GPS FIXED!!!!!!!!

I found the issue with the GPS and was able to create a fix tonight. The link is in the OP. Just download and flash the GPS Fix. If you are having issues after this please let me know.