Blue Lines on Transformer when swiping

Search This thread
Hi All

Ok, I've had my shiny new Transformer now for a few days and although I'm pretty familiar with Andriod as an OS, I'm still learning about it in relation to tablets.

Now, it might be my imagination and it's been doing it from new, but I've noticed something irritating (for me anyway!).

When I touch a 'screen' in order to swipe, two, very thin vertical lines appear either side of the screen. They remain there until the swipe is completed or I take my finger off the screen.

The lines represent the left and right edges of the screen space (so I don't think it's a screen fault) - so it looks like it's there by design. For me, it makes the whole fluid movement of the screen look ugly - is it me... or is this normal behaviour for the tablet?

Perhaps I should just get a blue wallpaper :)

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Steve

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
When I touch a 'screen' in order to swipe, two, very thin vertical lines appear either side of the screen. They remain there until the swipe is completed or I take my finger off the screen.

If you mean the thin blue frames around the "pages" of the launcher, then it's completely normal.

adelancker

May 9, 2012
Antwerp
Hi All

Ok, I've had my shiny new Transformer now for a few days and although I'm pretty familiar with Andriod as an OS, I'm still learning about it in relation to tablets.

Now, it might be my imagination and it's been doing it from new, but I've noticed something irritating (for me anyway!).

The lines represent the left and right edges of the screen space (so I don't think it's a screen fault) - so it looks like it's there by design. For me, it makes the whole fluid movement of the screen look ugly - is it me... or is this normal behaviour for the tablet?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Steve
If you mean you only get it on the launcher, it's a stock feature designed to show a divider between the pages.

If you don't like it, consider using a third party launcher from the PlayStore, such as Nova, Apex, Go Launcher HD, etc.

They are highly customisable, and let you change the colour of the outlines when swiping to another page.

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
If it's on the Home screen (the screen you end up on when booting the tablet), it's normal behavior for Nova Launcher, for example. Not all launchers do this, though, and if you're new to Android, I'd suggest looking around for some launchers and trying them out. (I am on Nova as well, as I like it best, especially with the faster-than-light options. ;) ) FTL Launcher was great on my then-ICS SGS2, but was bugged to oblivion on JB. Shame, really, that one was fast.

EDIT: nevermind. Useless info to add, so useless edit. None performed. Walk on, people, nothing to see here.

king231

Feb 11, 2013
Hyderabad
Google Pixel 7
Hi All

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Steve

If you don't like them try this. Go to the menu by tapping on the right top corner and then come to the homescreen by pressing the back button. You'll notice that they are gone. This is something temporary and you'll notice those lines may be after a reboot or something.