Search This thread

xsever

Mar 11, 2012
Beirut
Re: [ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2 )Task650 (2.15.2013) (AT&T)

I've discovered a work around to get mms working properly on my Rogers GS3.
I'm using GoSMSPro, couldn't get it to work with the default msg app.

In GoSMSPro :
  • Settings
  • MMS Settings
  • Apn Configuration
  • Check : Fill APN configuration Manually
  • MMSC : http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
  • MMS PROXY : 10.128.1.69
  • MMS Port : 80

This worked for me and should be the same for others carries I assume with different APN settings.
Hope this helps.

i don't have to change the apn settings to get mms working on my AT&T S3 running on the Rogers network here in Canada.

just delete the default apns until they look like the attached screenshot.

i even receive and send mms while on wifi. it just goes through.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361168909886.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361168909886.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,329

abmicyau

May 11, 2011
Sorry if this has been asked before but quick question - Is there a way to remove the camera panel from the lockscreen? Thanks in advance.

InfiniteImp

Dec 11, 2011
I'm having the same issue. With quiet hours enabled, I'm still hearing SMS and Email notification sounds. LED and phone ringtone act as they're supposed to though. This was a fresh install from a wipe/factory reset.

Same here. Just noticed it this morning when I was up early. I'm hearing notification sounds during quiet hours. In my case, email notification.

j_r17ca

Jul 9, 2010

Great rom. Lovin the combination of task kernel.
re7ebyha.jpg

5u3abu3u.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

rpritch

Mar 25, 2009
I've discovered a work around to get mms working properly on my Rogers GS3.
I'm using GoSMSPro, couldn't get it to work with the default msg app.

In GoSMSPro :
  • Settings
  • MMS Settings
  • Apn Configuration
  • Check : Fill APN configuration Manually
  • MMSC : http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
  • MMS PROXY : 10.128.1.69
  • MMS Port : 80

This worked for me and should be the same for others carries I assume with different APN settings.
Hope this helps.

What was the problem with your SMS? I'm also on Rogers. The stock messaging app is working fine for me.

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Members if you have an issue why not just provide a logcat, or better yet since this is a Development Forum, if you have issues why not do some development of your own...and the logcat would not just be for the OP, for others that are here for some true development they can take your logcat and see what they can do, so many just come to the threads looking to see what they can flash, and do not do any development, well ok fine I say you do that and just move on if you have issues that you do not want to learn from and fix on your own.
Posting what you believe is an issue or not will not get it fixed in the manner you want it, as if it could very well not be an issue for the OP/RD.
Since all of our devices work differently due to the individual, again find your solution to your issue and then making a valid post as to: My issue was XXXXX, and I did this XXXXX to resolve it, so if others have that issue they can see and possibly benefit from it, not "hey have this issue will or you need to fix it..."

Thread Cleaned and I hope there is some understanding here, Thank You.

Last edited:

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Members if you have an issue why not just provide a logcat, or better yet since this is a Development Forum, if you have issues why not do some development of your own...and the logcat would not just be for the OP, for others that are here for some true development they can take your logcat and see what they can do, so many just come to the threads looking to see what they can flash, and do not do any development, well ok fine I say you do that and just move on if you have issues that you do not want to learn from and fix on your own.
Posting what you believe is an issue or not will not get it fixed in the manner you want it, as if it could very well not be an issue for the OP/RD.
Since all of our devices work differently due to the individual, again find your solution to your issue and then making a valid post as to: My issue was XXXXX, and I did this XXXXX to resolve it, so if others have that issue they can see and possibly benefit from it, not "hey have this issue will or you need to fix it..."

Thread Cleaned and I hope there is some understanding here, Thank You.

Perfect ^^^^

Reactions: peneoark

Jaspah

Sep 4, 2012
Syracuse, NY
Last edited:

Jaspah

Sep 4, 2012
Syracuse, NY
That's an app. Not an option in this rom. You should be replying to the user that was asking. Not me. ;)

You're right, I edited my post.

That being said, perhaps you could look into making this an option on your ROM? Google's implementation of the camera and widget access was kinda... meh. It'd be nice to have some additional customization for the lockscreen baked in without downloading another app. :)

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
You're right, I edited my post.

That being said, perhaps you could look into making this an option on your ROM? Google's implementation of the camera and widget access was kinda... meh. It'd be nice to have some additional customization for the lockscreen baked in without downloading another app. :)

One of the biggest part of android is being able to download a ton of apps. I still haven't figured out why people don't want to download an app to have more functionality or a feature that they want. It's the same thing as building it into a ROM most of the time. Gmail is an app, Rom Control is an app (Framework stuff needed for this one though), and the list goes on.

rmead01

Sep 6, 2012
Task, just wanted to add in to possibly help some people. I wasn't suffering any major issues but my wifi was really slow and I thought my battery could hold a better charge. Taking a clean install one step further, I ODIN flashed back to an official stock touchwiz firmware. Re-rooted my phone, and then followed your instructions in OP, factory reset->clear /system->clear cache->clear dalvik->install ROM->install GAPPS->reboot.

I can say that doing this has made a huge difference rather just the standard factory reset. My wifi is insanely fast as it should be, matching the speeds of my laptop. I need more time to test the battery but i'm pretty confident it will be better,

Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone having random lingering bugs or issues. Try to ODIN flash to touchwiz and start the process to flash this ROM over. It has worked wonders for me and i'm sure will help others.

Reactions: mikecantreed

treyvaporizer

Dec 17, 2010
Dallas, TX

Thanks for this ROM! Amazing battery life. No issues in terms of speed.

But does anyone elses twitter have some weird DPI issues? The new tweet button brings up the window but its very long and covered by the keyboard. Is there any way to fix this?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Thanks for this ROM! Amazing battery life. No issues in terms of speed.

But does anyone elses twitter have some weird DPI issues? The new tweet button brings up the window but its very long and covered by the keyboard. Is there any way to fix this?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

you will need to talk to the developer of the twitter app for them to fix any issues with it. this ROM has nothing to do with that app. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes for ALL VARIANTS of the SGS III.​
    HZ19dJT.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP or the FAQ, then GTFO. There is a lot of useful information in either of the two that will really help you and this thread out.​

» Read and use the FAQ/Q & A thread for non-development/ROM related stuffs!!! HERE!!!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data (Factory reset) in recovery. Always do this before reporting any bugs.
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS) from HERE
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check Changelogs on G+
    » Also Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Downloads, mirrors, and MD5s can be found HERE

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » Task650 Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donations to task650
    » Donations to AOKP AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Animation Manager explained
    1. Zip files that contain the animations are in /system/addon.d/keyboard-anim and /system/addon.d/window-anim
    2. If you feel like you want to add more, simply open one up to see the folder structure and the files it contains.
    3. To add another animation that you like, simply create a new zip file with the same files and folders and place in the appropriate folder. The files must be compiled xml files and not the human readable version.
    4. Enjoy guys
    and this for underwear
    I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock. :cowboy:

Total Bandwidth Provided: unlimited GB
    Total Used So Far: 4195.657 GB
    Estimated Usage For Cycle: 4335.512 GB