E:Can't store hboot image...
E:Failure at line 2...
write_hboot_image PACKAGE:hboot.img
Installation aborted

Try updating the radio separately and then using the SPL only file

solaresdonis

May 22, 2009
force close

My applications dosnt work with this superuser i dont know why it just said Activity SU Request (In Application Superuser permissions) is not responding. Can you tell me why please :confused:

sinbot

Dec 18, 2008
That's what I'm doing right now. It's what I was going to do in the first place but I figured why not try to 2in1 approach first.

kronosx1

Mar 18, 2009
columbus
ok, i followed these instructions to the letter (2 memory card version). everything installed perfect. one thing still remains for me, im not gaining any extra space. im sittin at 63mb. i would love to get up to that magical 89mb. :D

matt_stang

Mar 27, 2009
Matt....

Everyone is scared because they want the new spl but do not want a brick. YOU ARE NOT KIDDING I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE

JUST A COUPLE QUESTIONS HERE TO BE CLEAR!
I only have one sd card and a card reader so i am only asking about this part....

IF YOU HAVE ONE SD CARD:
1. Upload new SPL on your microSD and rename to "update.zip" OK UNDERSTAND HOW TO DO THIS...
2. Reboot your phone into recovery mode. I ASSUME YOU MEAN HOLDING POWER AND HOME BUTTONS>>>RIGHT?
3. THIS IS IMPORTANT (perform a nandroid backup, of course) Apply the update, and once complete DON'T DO ANYTHING.. read step 4. APPLY THE UPDATE USING ALT-S... RIGHT? AND WE KNOW IT IS COMPLETE WHEN?
4. WITHOUT PRESSING ANY BUTTONS remove your microSD card from your phone, and plug it into your microSD card adapter/SD card reader
5. Remove/rename the SPL update (to something other than "update.zip") and upload the update file of the build you are currently using onto your microSD card. Put your microSD card back in your phone AGAIN WITHOUT PUSHING ANY BUTTONS I KNOW THIS IS STUPID, BUT WE RENAME THE BUILD TO UPDATE.ZIP AS WELL....RIGHT?
6. Press Alt + x to go to the console. If your phone does not reboot automatically, press enter, type "reboot recovery", then press enter again.
7. If you boot up in recovery, you have done everything correctly. Now apply the update, reboot, and you're done. APPLY THE UPDATE USING ALT-S... RIGHT

I understand what I am doing as I have flashed 100 of times not only mine but all of my friends as well...just that this one has me scared, so just trying not to leave anything out is all... it's too late for me to try this now as I am going to attempt this in the morning when I am well rested...

Thanks

2. Yes, using the home and end buttons.
3. Yes, updating using Alt + s and you will know when it is finished when it says "update complete" or something similar. It will also prompt you to press Home + Back to reboot (don't)
5. Yes, rename the build to "update.zip"
7. And yes, as before, press Alt + s to apply the build update file.

I will probably add those specifics to the post tomorrow for others who are unsure. Thanks for asking :)

shadowshin

Mar 16, 2009
With combined radio+spl I get:

Installing from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Extracting radio image...
Extracting hboot image...
E:Multiple firmware images...
E:Can't store hboot image...
E:Failure at line 2...
Installation aborted

it said "Can't store hboot image" bc u have the lastest one already. check wats ur version for boot radio and spl,

newest radio: 2.22.19.26I
Baseband Version: 62.50S.20.17H_2.22.19.2

newest spl: 1.33.2005

i just figure that out cuz that happen to me few mins ago so i check and mine said i have the newest radio and spl,now i have the newest build from Haykuro =D

kronosx1

Mar 18, 2009
columbus
let me list what all i have done since i gt my g1:

1. rooted per tutorial here.
2. installed JF version of RC33
3. wanted to try Hakuros Magic rom. installed radio and rom same day
4. tried all versions of H's roms.
5. now were onto the new SPL from today.

jaaronmoody

Feb 25, 2009
Orlando
seems pretty much confirmed. upgrade your radio, and you won't get bricked.
EDIT: i'm going to mesh the SPL and radio updates together.

just tried the combo, and this is what i got:
extracting radio image...
extracting boot image...
E:multiple firmware images
E:can't store hboot image
E:Failure at line 2:
installation aborted

just posted on other thread

sinbot

Dec 18, 2008
Updating the radio, spl, than the jf 1.5 build separately as per the instructions worked for me after that weird message I posted earlier. My notification light seems to have changed to purple though. Weird.

Last edited:

pshadey

Mar 4, 2009
Texas ya'll
new or old

I have radio version 2.22.19.23 is that considered old because that is what I had, when I flashed the new spl with no problem. Did I just get lucky, and is it ok to upgrade the radio in the future or any upgrades or reflashes. All this talk of bricking has me paranoid to touch it.

Last edited:

osho741

Dec 3, 2008
Milwaukee
2.22.19.261 is the latest radio, though i think the old rc33 radio was the culprit. i dont know if you can safely upgrade or not, just know do not downgrade

jamizzal

Sep 29, 2007
NWK
omg thank you it works flawlessly it seriously does. You are a life saver. and i got 63 mb on a fresh rom im perfectly fine with this im just happy i dnt have a brick my condolences (sp ?) to those unfortunate few....

SJ@XDA-IIs

Jan 31, 2005
Flashed mine without a glitch.

Coming from: HardSPL, New radio, JF ADP 1.5.

Just to add that the SPL is flashed in a wink (probably less than 10 seconds). Then another 3-4 minutes to flash to Haykuro 6.0.

Overall, the whole flashing of SPL & new image is about 15 minutes.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts