Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Your opinions on this phone

70 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By famous145, Member on 18th February 2013, 10:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So my upgrade is in a couple weeks. So I'm debating between this phone, Samsung galaxy s3, or the droid dna. What are your opinions on Samsung galaxy note 2?

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

18th February 2013, 10:04 PM |#2  
Flag Irmo, SC
Thanks Meter: 2,895

Donate to Me
More
Re: Your opinions on this phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by famous145

So my upgrade is in a couple weeks. So I'm debating between this phone, Samsung galaxy s3, or the droid dna. What are your opinions on Samsung galaxy note 2?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37548501

4 posts below yours and if you search there are like 20 more of these exact same threads

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kintwofan Ad-Free
19th February 2013, 01:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 286

More
Note 2 has bigger and brighter screen, and longer lasting battery than S3. Other than that, they are very similar.

DNA doesn't have a removable battery or allow you to add more storage. You're pretty much stuck with 16gig, which is what the Note 2 comes standard with, but the Note 2 allows you to expand up to an additional 64 gigs.

This topic HAS been beaten to death...but the Note 2 still wins

Sent from my Inverted Beans ROM @ 240 DPI
19th February 2013, 01:41 AM |#4  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Don't forget the s-pen! That's the main reason I went with the note (along with screen second and battery third; and wanting to leave iOS - unrankable).
19th February 2013, 02:44 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 777

More
You might also wait until march to see what the S4 will offer. If you dont want to wait, most people a very very happy with their Note 2. I especially love the Note 2's battery life.

Whatever your choice is, good luck. And please search before you post. There are several people that dont mind helping, but it can be frustrating to help those who dont help themselves.

19th February 2013, 02:51 AM |#6  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,187

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota0206

You might also wait until march to see what the S4 will offer. If you dont want to wait, most people a very very happy with their Note 2. I especially love the Note 2's battery life.

Whatever your choice is, good luck. And please search before you post. There are several people that dont mind helping, but it can be frustrating to help those who dont help themselves.

The SGS4 is likely 6-8 months off at this point. Their last release was in the summer, and every release before that was in the summer in the US (late spring internationally). If you want a phone now, I'd say get the Note 2, if you can wait, this coming summer/fall looks like it will be amazing
19th February 2013, 02:56 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Well as of right now that's a rumor that the s4 will be out in March. Also I have a lg revolution which is the worst phone I ever bought

19th February 2013, 03:32 AM |#8  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,187

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well as of right now that's a rumor that the s4 will be out in March. Also I have a lg revolution which is the worst phone I ever bought

The international release has been 3-4 months before US Carrier release so far, so the earliest you'd see it is June/July in the US on VZW.
19th February 2013, 03:32 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Lol I remember selling that phone when I worked for Vzw. It was great at the time but now...well you already know. I got my note2 on Xmas eve and I can't think of any other device I would own at this point. The spen opens up so many options. I find myself officially spoiled after owning this. No other phone on Verizon in my opinion can rival the Note2 unless you can't deal with the size.
19th February 2013, 03:35 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Even Verizon and lg said the phone sucked. That's why the released the spectrum so quick

19th February 2013, 04:44 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 777

More
Quote:

I wasnt saying the phone will be out in march. I said wait until march to see what it will have to offer. I was referring to it being announced in march. Either ar MWC or its own event.

Just to be clear: I agree the S4 will more than likely not be available for purchase until July in the US.

On a side note: my gf cousin works for a company that plans big events for corporations. They have been working on something big for Samsung. He was in town for christmas and was pretty much on the phone (ironically an iPhone) the whole time having teleconferences with Korea. My guess is the S4 but they dont get told the actual product until a couple of weeks out.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)