FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 (Updated: Mar 16th)

510 posts
Thanks Meter: 873

Post Reply Email Thread
19th February 2013, 06:43 AM |#381  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 (Updated: Dec 11th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aster190

WinSuk, are you still trying to make Android 4.2 work, or are you done developing for the Aria?

I'm pretty sure that you've ceased development, but I just wanted to know for sure.

It doesn't work very well at all. I'm lucky if it finishes booting (which is usually only after a data wipe).
WiFi wasn't working at all until recently, but now it can connect manually; no scanning.

Freezing after boot is something to do with hardware rendering, but I haven't been able to debug it because the new adb whitelist feature in 4.2.2 isn't popping up (which is either from the legacy USB interface, or adb on my PC which I already tried updating). Pretty sure I can make a new build with it disabled though.

After that is fixed it might be usable...
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WinSuk Ad-Free

19th February 2013, 02:40 PM |#382  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk

It doesn't work very well at all. I'm lucky if it finishes booting (which is usually only after a data wipe).
WiFi wasn't working at all until recently, but now it can connect manually; no scanning.

Freezing after boot is something to do with hardware rendering, but I haven't been able to debug it because the new adb whitelist feature in 4.2.2 isn't popping up (which is either from the legacy USB interface, or adb on my PC which I already tried updating). Pretty sure I can make a new build with it disabled though.

After that is fixed it might be usable...

Oh, well it's good to hear that you're still developing for our Aria!

Good Luck on trying to make it work
20th February 2013, 11:53 PM |#383  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Can someone help me understand how to offload the dalvik cache to SD card? How much memory will that save? Last time I used this phone, I didn't have enough space to install more than three apps at the same time.
21st February 2013, 04:48 AM |#384  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa

Can someone help me understand how to offload the dalvik cache to SD card? How much memory will that save? Last time I used this phone, I didn't have enough space to install more than three apps at the same time.

It will free up about 50-100mb depending on how many apps you have installed.

Partition your SD card by using CWM. It will delete all your files that are currently on your sd card, so make sure you back it all up.

When you boot into CWM, choose Advanced > Partition SD Card > 128mb(Or whatever size you want your partition to be. I personally chose 128mb) > 0 Swap Size. After it's done partitioning your sd card, reboot your phone.

When it reboots, go to the Play Store, and install S2E. when S2E is done installing, open the app, and choose your Dalvik cache to be moved to your sd card. After you do that, reboot, and you're done.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aster190 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aster190 Ad-Free
21st February 2013, 11:05 AM |#385  
Flag Chittagong
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aster190

It will free up about 50-100mb depending on how many apps you have installed.

Partition your SD card by using CWM. It will delete all your files that are currently on your sd card, so make sure you back it all up.

When you boot into CWM, choose Advanced > Partition SD Card > 128mb(Or whatever size you want your partition to be. I personally chose 128mb) > 0 Swap Size. After it's done partitioning your sd card, reboot your phone.

When it reboots, go to the Play Store, and install S2E. when S2E is done installing, open the app, and choose your Dalvik cache to be moved to your sd card. After you do that, reboot, and you're done.

Links2sd is FAR FAR better than s2e imo.
That way the phone is usable w/o the sdcard, and I get to keep my most frequently uses apps on internal memory

Why are SMARTphones soo... Freaking Dumb?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sifat3d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sifat3d Ad-Free
21st February 2013, 01:18 PM |#386  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Last time I tried, I could barely get two apps on there and it would prevent me from installing any more. I think I tried an app called app2sd but it didn't help much. Maybe I didn't format properly. I like this little phone a lot and seeing jelly bean run on it is so cool. I'll have to dig it up and try again. Thanks, guys!
21st February 2013, 02:52 PM |#387  
Flag Chittagong
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa

Last time I tried, I could barely get two apps on there and it would prevent me from installing any more. I think I tried an app called app2sd but it didn't help much. Maybe I didn't format properly. I like this little phone a lot and seeing jelly bean run on it is so cool. I'll have to dig it up and try again. Thanks, guys!

Did you wipe data before flashing cm10?
Because atleast 10 apps(assuming they are not internal memory eating big size games) are installable on a fresh install.

Why are SMARTphones soo... Freaking Dumb?
21st February 2013, 10:03 PM |#388  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 1,272

More
WinSuk, would it be possible to use the new Fraunhofer AAC codec in our Aria? Would be nice to have better quality during calls...
22nd February 2013, 02:07 AM |#389  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901

WinSuk, would it be possible to use the new Fraunhofer AAC codec in our Aria? Would be nice to have better quality during calls...

If I remember correctly, that's the one that segfaults on ARMv6... So probably not unless someone fixes it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WinSuk Ad-Free
22nd February 2013, 09:00 AM |#390  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk

If I remember correctly, that's the one that segfaults on ARMv6... So probably not unless someone fixes it

WinSuk,can you update the CM10 to use the newest sources code(CM10 and drivers) for our Aria?
23rd February 2013, 11:57 AM |#391  
Flag Aleppo
Thanks Meter: 22

More
this my first reply in the development forums yey hey winsuk thnx a lot for ur hard work for our little aria, please try to update us to cm10.1 i cant wait to try it and btw cant we port an Ubuntu rom to our aria ??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rami.ejle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rami.ejle Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10, cyanogenmod, cyanogenmod 10, jellybean, unofficial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)