Questions about music player

Search This thread

Rbar1975

Jan 16, 2011
I have a few questions and thought someone may be able to help.

One of my buddies is a hard core iPhone guy. When we take road trips and he is driving, he often plays his music via blue tooth into the car's stereo. This is no big deal as I do this as well. What I do like about his iPhone is that as long as it is plugged into the charger, the screen stays on. This makes it so much easier skip songs, see the album info, etc... etc...

Is there a setting or an app that I can download that will allow me to mimic this functionality?

tldr version:
want screen to stay on while playing music AND charging.

xBeerdroiDx

Nov 10, 2012
Fort Worth
Perhaps there is a setting in by our music player that allows this. If not, there may be another music player that will allow the screen to stay on during play. I'm on AOKP 4.1.2 and in dev options there's a box you can check that will not let your screen sleep while charging

Rbar1975

Jan 16, 2011
I couldn't find a setting in music player that would allow the screen to stay on while charging. That's why I asked here :)

Maybe someone has a suggestion for an alternative media player that I could use then if this isn't possible with the default one.

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
I couldn't find a setting in music player that would allow the screen to stay on while charging. That's why I asked here :)

Maybe someone has a suggestion for an alternative media player that I could use then if this isn't possible with the default one.

Here's one I like:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1822492

Haven't used it in like a month (been waiting on some development) but it had it back then so assuming it still does.

Wilcox12

Jan 29, 2013
Chattanooga, TN
Perhaps there is a setting in by our music player that allows this. If not, there may be another music player that will allow the screen to stay on during play. I'm on AOKP 4.1.2 and in dev options there's a box you can check that will not let your screen sleep while charging

What he said. Go to Developer Options and check the box that says Stay Awake (Screen will never sleep while charging)!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Caliesv

Oct 16, 2010
PlayerPro. I been using it since SGS captivate days. It has a keep screen on option.

(⊙_⊙)