Official Cyanogenmod 10.2 Nightly Builds - Links and discussion

Search This thread

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Looks like the 2-19 nightly for the N10 is building as I post this.. Just a warning, the reboot menu is missing from the power menu in this build.. It's just reboot now and nothing else.. ie: You get no options to reboot to recovery or bootloader..

Reactions: dodo99x

frauhottelmann

Inactive Recognized Developer
AW: Official Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightly Builds - Links and discussion

Looks like the 2-19 nightly for the N10 is building as I post this.. Just a warning, the reboot menu is missing from the power menu in this build.. It's just reboot now and nothing else.. ie: You get no options to reboot to recovery or bootloader..

That is on purpose... Go to dev settings to re-enable.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
That is on purpose... Go to dev settings to re-enable.

Ya know I saw it was called "Advanced reboot" in the changelog but thought it would be a advanced setting in the power menu configure itself which I obviously didn't see. :) Wouldn't think to look in the developer options.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

I hate Google+.. No wonder I never saw that.. But thanks! :)

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Has anything been said about the HDR photo option and if it's hardware specific? It's available and working on my 2 year old Nexus S but the option isn't available on the Nexus 10 camera..

BTW I have to say.. I'm enjoying CM 10.1 a lot. I haven't' ran CM for a while as I sorta just grew out of the heavy feature filled ROMs and got back into the roots of just vanilla Android. But.. I gotta say 10.1 is pretty lean and manages itself rather well.. I may just end up staying on it.. Even my aging Nexus S which I am quoted as saying "I feel like the CM team is wasting their time continuing to develop for this phone" is running it rather decently all things considering..

Last edited:

dalingrin

Nov 6, 2007
Has anything been said about the HDR photo option and if it's hardware specific? It's available and working on my 2 year old Nexus S but the option isn't available on the Nexus 10 camera..

BTW I have to say.. I'm enjoying CM 10.1 a lot. I haven't' ran CM for a while as I sorta just grew out of the heavy feature filled ROMs and got back into the roots of just vanilla Android. But.. I gotta say 10.1 is pretty lean and manages itself rather well.. I may just end up staying on it.. Even my aging Nexus S which I am quoted as saying "I feel like the CM team is wasting their time continuing to develop for this phone" is running it rather decently all things considering..

You are probably using the propreitary Camera/Gallery from Google apps rather than CyanogenMod's enhanced open source version. By using the CyanogenMod version you will lose Photo Sphere. I just keep both installed at the cost of having duplicate icons. Overall I definitely prefer the CyanogenMod camera on my Galaxy Nexus.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
You are probably using the propreitary Camera/Gallery from Google apps rather than CyanogenMod's enhanced open source version. By using the CyanogenMod version you will lose Photo Sphere. I just keep both installed at the cost of having duplicate icons. Overall I definitely prefer the CyanogenMod camera on my Galaxy Nexus.

I just don't think it's been included in the N10 yet.. I only have one camera app on the N10 and it has photosphere and no HDR option. My Nexus S only has one camera app without photosphere and has HDR..

I'll just sit tight and wait..

dalingrin

Nov 6, 2007
I just don't think it's been included in the N10 yet.. I only have one camera app on the N10 and it has photosphere and no HDR option. My Nexus S only has one camera app without photosphere and has HDR..

I'll just sit tight and wait..

If it has photosphere that means it isn't the CM camera app. Your Google Apps installation is removing the CM camera app.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Re: Official Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightly Builds - Links and discussion

If it has photosphere that means it isn't the CM camera app. Your Google Apps installation is removing the CM camera app.

But I install gapps about 4 nightlies ago. Same gapps package I installed on my Nexus S. You telling me right now you have an HDR function on your N10 camera?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

omac_ranger

Apr 7, 2010
www.droidnerds.com
But I install gapps about 4 nightlies ago. Same gapps package I installed on my Nexus S. You telling me right now you have an HDR function on your N10 camera?

No. He's saying that Gapps and CM detects if you have a Nexus device (N10, N4) which replaces the CM camera application with the Google Camera app which includes photosphere. Photosphere is closed source at the moment and is only available on those devices - which is why we don't see it implemented on CM10 and whatnot on every device.

TheBlueRaja

May 6, 2010
Anyone know how to change the min /max cpu frequencies in the performance section, seems to be grayed out for me. I'm on the nightly build (17th)

dalingrin

Nov 6, 2007

I am saying that I manually added the CyanogenMod camera because Gapps replaces our open source camera with Google's proprietary app on modern Nexus devices.

No. He's saying that Gapps and CM detects if you have a Nexus device (N10, N4) which replaces the CM camera application with the Google Camera app which includes photosphere. Photosphere is closed source at the moment and is only available on those devices - which is why we don't see it implemented on CM10 and whatnot on every device.

This. Thanks for explaining it more coherently.

Anyone know how to change the min /max cpu frequencies in the performance section, seems to be grayed out for me. I'm on the nightly build (17th)

No overclocking in the default kernel. You'll need to use a 3rd party kernel to do that. I'm thinking about releasing my own kernel this week if I get around to it but there are already a few kernels available in the Original Development section if you want to use theirs.

hinxman

Jun 4, 2012
Austin TX

If you have the nightly from today, you should be able to pull the apk file from that, then add it to your data/app directory, change the permissions to rw - r - r and then reboot the device, you should then have two camera apps

Ok_Kaleidoscope5109

Dec 29, 2009

How do you keep both installed? I realize I can extract the Gallery2.apk or whatever for the CM camera, but then everytime I flash the next nightly, I lose any custom files I have in the /system folder

how do I make it persistent? Or better yet, how do I make it persistent and make sure that the CM camera gets updated when there's an update to the CM camera? :) Thanks!

I'd like to know this for my Nexus 4 also because I like the Power Shutter feature. IMO the software shutter button is a PITA with 1 hand operation.

vsot13

Feb 15, 2012
Chicago

Combine with latest Franco kernel is beast. Thanks for this awesomeness

dalingrin

Nov 6, 2007
How do you keep both installed? I realize I can extract the Gallery2.apk or whatever for the CM camera, but then everytime I flash the next nightly, I lose any custom files I have in the /system folder

how do I make it persistent? Or better yet, how do I make it persistent and make sure that the CM camera gets updated when there's an update to the CM camera? :) Thanks!

I'd like to know this for my Nexus 4 also because I like the Power Shutter feature. IMO the software shutter button is a PITA with 1 hand operation.

Just remove /system/addon.d/74-gapps-mako.sh
or for the Nexus 10 remove /system/addon.d/74-gapps-manta.sh

addicted1900

Nov 11, 2011
Gießen
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Idle Battery

Hello folks,

I don't know if its okay to ask in this Thread a Question about Battery Life, but i hope it wont be a Problem.

I'm facing a battery drain problem when the Tablet is idle. In the last week i managed to get >11h Screen on Time and awesome idle battery stats. But now my battery drains even if the device is in Deepsleep with Wlan on and Synch on (>90%) about 1-2% per hour. [With Gnow off, Bluetooth / GPS / NFC off)

Yesterday i installed the new Nightly with a Fullwipe but it didn't helped at all :/ Can you guys give me an advice ? If there were wakelocks which wake the Device i would know what to do, but with Deepsleep > 90% ? The onlay Wakelocks are gmail and google account synch.

I would be thankful for every Hint.

Best regards
addicted

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011

Hello folks,

I don't know if its okay to ask in this Thread a Question about Battery Life, but i hope it wont be a Problem.

I'm facing a battery drain problem when the Tablet is idle. In the last week i managed to get >11h Screen on Time and awesome idle battery stats. But now my battery drains even if the device is in Deepsleep with Wlan on and Synch on (>90%) about 1-2% per hour. [With Gnow off, Bluetooth / GPS / NFC off)

Yesterday i installed the new Nightly with a Fullwipe but it didn't helped at all :/ Can you guys give me an advice ? If there were wakelocks which wake the Device i would know what to do, but with Deepsleep > 90% ? The onlay Wakelocks are gmail and google account synch.

I would be thankful for every Hint.

Best regards
addicted

I'm feeling the same way about battery life. I only watched 20 minutes of family guy on MX player, not connected to wifi and I'm down to 89% already. This is my first fully charged cycle though.
I flashed it clean last night with 29% left. Drained it down to 3%, then fully charged it.

Do you think I'll need a few cycles before it stabilizes?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JBCM10-238x166.jpg

Here are the official Cyanogenmod 10.2 nightly builds for the Nexus 10. This thread is also for discussing any bugs, comments and other discussion topics regarding these builds.

Important Information

You must have an unlocked bootloader, be rooted, and running a custom recovery before you can flash this ROM. If you are unsure of what any of these terms mean, or how to unlock the Nexus 10's bootloader, how to root the device, or how to install a custom recovery please see the FAQ section in the post below.

Download

Credits: The Cyanogenmod team for bringing there amazing work to the Nexus 10!

Videos

Check out these awesome videos by udimars30 showing how to install the nightly build and a review of one of the recent nightly builds :D.

Mod-Edit: Changed title to avoid confusion
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What is CyanogenMod?

CyanogenMod (/sɪˈænoʊdʒəŋmäd/) is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for select Android devices.
    Intended as a replacement for the software (also known as the "firmware" or "ROM") that comes factory installed on your device, CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project – the same base software used in all Android devices. However, CyanogenMod offers several benefits over the pre-installed firmware, including vastly flexible interface and customization, a wider set of new features, and sometimes significant improvements in performance. (From the Cyanogenmod Wiki)

How do I unlock my bootloader, root the Nexus 10, and install a custom recovery?

The easiest way to unlock your bootloader, gain root access, and install a custom recovery is to use one of the Nexus 10 toolkit's either mskip's Nexus 10 Toolkit, WugFresh's Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit, or for Linux users tatelucas's Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit.

What are nightly builds?

A nightly build is a neutral build that takes place automatically. These typically take place when no one is likely to be working in the office so that there are no changes to the source code during the build. The results of the build are inspected by the arriving programmers, who generally place a priority on ensuring the recent changes to the source code have not broken the build process or functionality of the software. (From Wikipedia Nightly Builds article)

What are Google Apps? And where can I get them?

Google Apps contain the proprietary Google applications that come pre-installed with most android devices. Due to licensing restrictions, these apps cannot come pre-installed with CyanogenMod and must be installed separately. CyanogenMod does not require Google Apps to function properly, however, to take full advantage of the Android system, Google Apps are recommended. (From the Cyanogenmod Wiki)

You can get the latest Google Apps for Cyanogenmod 10.1 here and choosing Cyanogenmod 10.1 for the Google App version.

How can I find more about Cyanogenmod?

You can find out more information about Cyanogenmod by visiting there website at www.cyanogenmod.org and/or by checking out there wiki at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org.
    For those that like to experiment, here is a quick hack to make the Nexus 10 GPU render everything at 1280x800. The framebuffer is still 2560x1600 but the UI and all GPU ops are at 1280x800.
    This will of course adversely affect the display quality but it noticeably increases 3D performance. It is doubtful that anyone would want to run this as a daily driver so it is primarily just for fun.

For good measure, I've included a 1920x1200 flashable zip as well. This looks considerably better than 1280x800 but the performance isn't much better than 2560x1600.

Note: this will render hdmi output worthless until you restore the original files.

I suggest using this only on CM10.1 as this will override any custom build.prop that other roms might use.

To revert either backup your original build.prop and libsurfaceflinger.so OR re-flash CM10.1(no wipe required) OR flash update-2560-1600.zip

Better late than never...But seriously, sorry for the delay. I was out of the country when M3 was released and when I got back my computer was dead. My motherboard is no longer with us and it took a while to get a replacement. On top of that the semester is coming to a close and I've been extremely busy. I will hopefully be able to devote more time to my Nexus 10 this summer as I won't be taking classes :victory:
    Is anyone else having trouble connection to wifi after the 10 has been asleep?

I did last night. Though I have had this happen to me on stock two different times also. There are several problems being reported with wifi on stock and also other devices on 4.2.1.

The icons in the dock being cut off is being worked on now.

EDIT - Icons being cut off should be fixed in next nightly along with the app drawer button spontaneously moving.