[Q] Stuffing replacement in ASUS TF700T - is it possible?

Search This thread

Denis_63

Jan 11, 2013
I want ASUS Transformer pad Infinity TF700T becose of its perfect case (with fine keyboard) and FHD screen (1920x1200). But I hate its stuffing with Android on board.

I want ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C becose of Atom processor and full Windows 8. But I don't like its HD screen - 1366x768 only. And I don't like its defective keyboard!

So, becose of comparable sizes of its cases, I'd like to buy both ASUS ME400C & TF700T and, than, to cast the stuffing of TF700T and put inside its case the stuffing from ME400C, connecting it to all jacks on board and touchscreen loop. Becose of one manufacturer, everything will be joined without problems. As a result, I will gain the 'Frankenstein' tablet with perfect case and FHD screen with ideal Atom stuffing and Windows 8 on board!

Any objections except costs?

BTrack

Jan 22, 2009
My guess is that you will end up with two non-functioning pieces of hardware. Good luck!

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
I want ASUS Transformer pad Infinity TF700T becose of its perfect case (with fine keyboard) and FHD screen (1920x1200). But I hate its stuffing with Android on board.

I want ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C becose of Atom processor and full Windows 8. But I don't like its HD screen - 1366x768 only. And I don't like its defective keyboard!

So, becose of comparable sizes of its cases, I'd like to buy both ASUS ME400C & TF700T and, than, to cast the stuffing of TF700T and put inside its case the stuffing from ME400C, connecting it to all jacks on board and touchscreen loop. Becose of one manufacturer, everything will be joined without problems. As a result, I will gain the 'Frankenstein' tablet with perfect case and FHD screen with ideal Atom stuffing and Windows 8 on board!

No objections here lol...
Seems like a lot of trouble for no benefit.
What about just going with the 14" HP Envy touchsmart ultrabook 4 instead of prying 2 expensive devices apart?

faustus1005

Sep 2, 2012

I say you should donate some of your apprently copious amounts of cash to someone broke, and just go with the ultrabook suggestion. :) Apart from the cost, which is a bit much, that is highly unlikely to function. Also, thats a serious waste of parts I hope you plan to sell, or donate the tf700t parts as well. But, hey, its YOUR money, give it a shot, I suppose if your careful not to break anything you might even be able to return em should it not work.

HorsexD

Sep 18, 2010
Fresno
Just go with a surface pro tablet. you get a 1080p screen and full windows and an i5 processor. Seems like a better choice for you. Its gonna cost yoh like 1k but if your willing to buy 2 tabs then I assume your good.

Denis_63

Jan 11, 2013
Nothing is impossible ) Visited ASUS firm SC today, asking engineers about my idea. So, the answer was - if you havy experience and skills with hardware and soldering-iron, all operations will take about 1 (!) day. The task is simplified becose of one manufacturer (ASUS). But, if money allows, it is possible to hibridize case form TF700, stuffing from ME400, and touchscreen from Nexus 10 (!). Holy heavens! Kind a paradise on the Earth! Best in cube in tablets technologies! Also, engineers from SC became intersted too and volunteered to help me with soldering ))) Not for free, of course (((
We discussed the monetary side of the idea and desided to work with second hand and spare parts. They've got TF700 case yet. Becose of start selling of ME400 - unconditioned tablets are being waited ))) There will be possibility of stufiing profit ))) Yes, of course I want Nexus 10 screen, but it will be too expensive. And there is no possibility to buy or to order this spare part from China at this moment (((

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
No response just trying understand what your posting.
Well maybe one or two comments

Nothing is impossible ) Visited ASUS firm SC today, asking engineers about my idea.

Who is Asus firm SC?

So, the answer was - if you have experience and skills with hardware and soldering-iron, all operations will take about 1 (!) day.

You do know that heating micro components with any old desk style soldering iron will cause heat damage?
Tiny connections are almost impossible to properly heat sink.
It might be possible to "hot-air" pot connections, but that's usually used in multi-connector cable work.
ESD is a problem also one small discharge and the component is done for.

These devices are manufactured with component inserters and solder wave machines.
The board maps are traced and pre-drilled for the insertion process.
All the flex connectors are bonded in a cleanroom environment to prevent particle contaminants.

The task is simplified because of one manufacturer (ASUS).
But, if money allows, it is possible to hybridize case form TF700, stuffing from ME400, and touchscreen from Nexus 10 (!).

How did Asus make something simple?
Just asking...not trying cause trouble.

Holy heavens!
Kind a paradise on the Earth!
Best in cube in tablets technologies!
Also, engineers from SC became interested too and volunteered to help me with soldering ))) Not for free, of course (((
We discussed the monetary side of the idea and decided to work with second hand and spare parts.

Who are the "engineers from SC?" I have no clue who this is.
Can you explain?

They've got TF700 case yet.
Because of start selling of ME400 - unconditioned tablets are being waited )))
There will be possibility of stuffing profit )))
Yes, of course I want Nexus 10 screen, but it will be too expensive.

And there is no possibility to buy or to order this spare part from China at this moment (((

I dunno...if you can mess with stuff like this and pull it off then more power to you:
BAoCaINODOW3amnh.medium

Last edited:

snypa

Nov 24, 2012
lol ... open heart surgery!

if i send you mine, could you chuck the guts out of this in there for me?!

would be good internal;)

31AIPWUCHZL._SX300_.jpg

:D:fingers-crossed::D:victory:;)

Denis_63

Jan 11, 2013
Thats OK

My God, over three posts I'm trying to explain, that I want Atom-based transformer with FHD screen and perfect case! Unfortunatelly, dumb ASUS used to put on the market kind an invalid models!!! For example - atom based, but without full keyboard (ME400C), with 3G onboard, but wry functioning TF700KL, with win 8 (and Win RT), but with HD (accidents 1366x768 and 155 ppi) only. Just like if you want to buy bysicle, and I sell them, but inadequate - wthout one wheel, or without seat :D
There is only one possibility to get the tablet I want - compile it by myself (with SC engineers help, SC - service center, had you thought about Blizzard StarCraft? :laugh: ), using stuffing from ASUS ME400C and case (with screen) from TF700T.

Dear snypa, ASUS TF700T and all tansformers have no usb 3.0 controller. Its possible to put the stuffing from this stick inside ASUS tablet, connecting to the usb-controller, but It will work as usb 2.0 device indeed :(

snypa

Nov 24, 2012
pass me the soldering iron please ...

Dear snypa, ASUS TF700T and all transformers have no usb 3.0 controller. Its possible to put the stuffing from this stick inside ASUS tablet, connecting to the usb-controller, but It will work as usb 2.0 device indeed :(

LoL ... yeh i was only having a jab @ asus for the elcheapo storage solution they sold me. I think your frankenstein should be a great project to teach asus what products we the people are interested in!

ps- even @ usb2 ... these are still faster than my internal ! ( i actually have the dvr500 32GB orange/black - quik , but not this quik)

GigaSPX

Dec 2, 2012
Entering the realms of taking apart three different pieces of fine technology and fuse it into one? Without a doubt that's going to be one hell of a money dump and lots of time required to be able to do it without screwing it up.

Good luck doing it though.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2