Proud new owner, need recommendation for case

Search This thread

seshsud

May 15, 2011
Purchased a nexus 7 32GB for $175 plus tax :)....now need to get a case and a good screen protector. I see some brands
Moko,Bluerex seem to be around $15 while poetic is $9.99. Any recommendations? Reading the reviews I see people complaining about the magnet issue and also i dont know if these cases support 360 degrees or work only in landscape mode?

ynrozturk

Oct 11, 2012
Istanbul
Hi, I would advise you to take a look here.

My personal recommondation would be a Noreve case. Expensive, but the best in my opinion.

jomaxwel

Dec 2, 2009
Poetic case from amazon is the best for a smart case. You won't be upset if you get one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

DaanJordaan

Jul 13, 2008
Seen a few.
Get the poetic slimline case. Trust me.
Best bang for your buck.

Saw some guy who dropped his N7 with a poetic slimline and his screen cracked...
Don't drop your things just because they're in a case.

But seriously, it offers complete protection on all sides from scratches and mild bumps, not from concrete...
It functions as a stand, automatically turns your screen on and off, and isn't too expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Slimline-Portfolio-Automatically-Manufacturer/dp/B008NMCPTQ

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
I have the Portenzo book cover case. Little to no protection on the sides but will protect it in daily use.

I've pretty much had them all. The Poetic was my last case. I recommend them to. Offers a little more protection but cheaply made.... it will fall apart after a few weeks. They have a 3yr warranty and have replaced mine with no questions. Not sure if they still offer that.

I've also owned the Blurex and the TPU cases. All are nice cases but it depends on what you want. I wanted front and back protection with a minimal addition to thickness (Portenzo). If you want something like a smart cover then the Poetic. Basic back protection would be a cheap TPU like a CruizerLite. Coupled with a good screen protector like a Spigen SGP might suffice. The Blurex offered the most protection but was the thickest.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

bsoplinger

Jan 17, 2011
The Blurex was thicker than the Portenzo case?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

WonderWoofy

Jan 24, 2013
Los Gatos
Poetic Slimline

I have to concur that the poetic slimline case is pretty awesome.

I too am a new Nexus 7 owner, though I didn't get such an amazing price as you. This is actually my first smart device... first touch device in fact (not counting my ipod touch 2nd gen which came free with a family members computer). Android really kicks ass, and the Nexus 7 is a pretty amazing device.

Android_El0

Jul 22, 2011
Aurora
360 rotation case

I thought I would suggest this case to you or anyone new looking for a case. I was looking for a rotatable case that would still provide the desired level of protection. I didn't like how some of the cases required you to remove the bottom corners to fold or, only held the tablet in with a couple of elastic bands. I don't know that it has an official name, I got it on eBay for about $20. It was from the UK so it took a little longer for shipping than it normally would have but well worth it. It came packaged with a stylus and a few screen protectors (But, I always get a zagg for the screen). The features included a sleep/wake cover and an industrious button that attaches the actual device's case and the cover it rotates on instead of a metal ring resting on the back of your tablet as you rotate. I decided on the white one and the stitching looks great. A really good case, and I have had my nexus 7 for almost 7 months now taking it back and forth to college.

Send me a PM if you want the link I'm a new poster otherwise I would post the link in the thread.

ynrozturk

Oct 11, 2012
Istanbul
Seriously, just get a Noreve case. A bit expensive yes, but you get what you pay for. Offers fantastic protection, smart cover function works beautifully, and it's hand made genuine leather with a ton of colour options. Here's my review for it if you're interested.

seshsud

May 15, 2011
thanks to all suggestions, i ended up getting bluerex case as that comes with a screen protector from amazon. Also got the eForCity Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter Compatible with Google Nexus 7. However this cable is pretty tight and i fear it might damage the micro usb port (already see some scratches). This cable btw only recognizes a flash drive but not a portable hard drive. Wondering if i should return it.

bertbusdriver

Jun 4, 2010
I have a Portenzo bookcase. Pricey, but I highly recommend it. I don't have another case for comparison, seems much better than the typical case I see on other people's tablets.

EboniLM

Nov 8, 2011
Texas
^^ seconded. I also have a portenzo. I went with the bookcase for full side/corner protection and aesthetics. love it.

I also have two handmade sleeves from etsy.com for when I want to go "naked."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

HobbesIsReal

Aug 24, 2007
Here is a review I just posted for a great rotating case for that is currently selling for $11.99 (with free 2 day shipping if you are an Amazon Prime member).

FINTIE 360 Rotating Vegan Leather Stand Case with Automatic Sleep/Wake

41edcGqxVCL.jpg
41PvA8w82jL.jpg

Reactions: LoopDoGG79

krash183

Sep 4, 2008
thanks to all suggestions, i ended up getting bluerex case as that comes with a screen protector from amazon. Also got the eForCity Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter Compatible with Google Nexus 7. However this cable is pretty tight and i fear it might damage the micro usb port (already see some scratches). This cable btw only recognizes a flash drive but not a portable hard drive. Wondering if i should return it.

The nexus 7 might not be able to power that portable hard drive. It can power some portables hds but not all

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

BlackFire27

Jul 8, 2012
Atlanta
I'm all for protection an portability combined and the blure case is great. That's what I have.

Sent from my MB612 using xda app-developers app

dalanik

Mar 25, 2009
Prague
Strange that no one mentions original ASUS case, which is really excellent quality and practical, beautiful and comes in several different colors! I bought one (not the cheapest here in Czech) and am completely satisfied.

ynrozturk

Oct 11, 2012
Istanbul
The ASUS case is pretty terrible in my opinion. No sleep/wake function, and the top doesn't latch down securely. Way too expensive for what it has to offer. Much better choices out there for the same price or even cheaper.

Top Liked Posts