[GUIDE] Want to use AOSP-based ROMs but on hboot 2.14 and no working touchscreen?

Search This thread

mrjayviper

Sep 6, 2012
All credits belong to MirGantrophy (if you wanna donate)

Thanks!

--------------------------------

Requirements:

1. must be s-off (see link)
2. must install this hboot 1.09 from this guide
3. ICS RUU file (see this link). In my case, I downloaded the earliest version for the Telstra RUU so I'm sure it's ICS.
4. working adb/fastboot files (this one worked for me)
5. twrp recovery (link). you can use the recent cwm I suppose but I haven't tested that.

steps:

1. open a command prompt/terminal
2. follow the steps in requirement 2
3.. boot into android
4. adb shell
5.. su
6. dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p23 of=/sdcard/p23
7. get out of adb shell (run exit twice)
8. adb pull /sdcard/p23
9. make a copy of p23
10. open p23 in a hex editor
11. look for a sequence that that start with 3.17 (complete format is 3.17.xxx.x. x are numbers)
12. replace 3.17.xxx.x with 1.00.000.0 and save the changes to a new file. In my case I saved it as p23mod.
13. adb push /sdcard/p23mod
14. adb shell
15. su
16. dd if=/sdcard/p23mod of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p23
17. get out of adb shell
18. execute RUU as let it run its course. Took about 10 minutes in my case.
19. install your chosen recovery (boot into fastboot and then fastboot flash recovery my-recovery-here.img)
20. repeat step2 (only if you want to remove the red text in the startup screen)

Notes:
1. These are the exact steps I followed to get it working on my phone.
2. steps 1 to 17 might be optional but the RUU install checks for previous version and I'm not sure if it'll go through if it finds a higher version is installed already. You can obviously experiment on your own.
3. A nice surprise after reinstalling stock ROM via RUU is that the "Tampered" text was removed and never appeared again even after I flash TWRP.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:

DvineLord

Aug 29, 2010
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
AT&T HTC One X
this actually worked? this is pretty much the same as [INFO] Downgrading firmware i tried using the old guide to downgrade hboot 1.14 and it didn't work and it didn't work for many others.
also if you have s-off you can run any ruu you want the checks do not matter and because of s-off you do not get the "Tampered" flag again so if you were s-off when you did this then this does not work.

D

Deleted member 3452239

this actually worked? this is pretty much the same as [INFO] Downgrading firmware i tried using the old guide to downgrade hboot 1.14 and it didn't work and it didn't work for many others.
also if you have s-off you can run any ruu you want the checks do not matter and because of s-off you do not get the "Tampered" flag again so if you were s-off when you did this then this does not work.

This is for s-off users who took the ota firmware update. I didn't know ruu didn't care about firmware versions if s-off so I told him to downgrade the stuff and then run the RUU to give the old firmware for working touchscreen on aosp ROMs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All credits belong to MirGantrophy (if you wanna donate)

Thanks!

--------------------------------

Requirements:

1. must be s-off (see link)
    2. must install this hboot 1.09 from this guide
    3. ICS RUU file (see this link). In my case, I downloaded the earliest version for the Telstra RUU so I'm sure it's ICS.
    4. working adb/fastboot files (this one worked for me)
    5. twrp recovery (link). you can use the recent cwm I suppose but I haven't tested that.

steps:

1. open a command prompt/terminal
    2. follow the steps in requirement 2
    3.. boot into android
    4. adb shell
    5.. su
    6. dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p23 of=/sdcard/p23
    7. get out of adb shell (run exit twice)
    8. adb pull /sdcard/p23
    9. make a copy of p23
    10. open p23 in a hex editor
    11. look for a sequence that that start with 3.17 (complete format is 3.17.xxx.x. x are numbers)
    12. replace 3.17.xxx.x with 1.00.000.0 and save the changes to a new file. In my case I saved it as p23mod.
    13. adb push /sdcard/p23mod
    14. adb shell
    15. su
    16. dd if=/sdcard/p23mod of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p23
    17. get out of adb shell
    18. execute RUU as let it run its course. Took about 10 minutes in my case.
    19. install your chosen recovery (boot into fastboot and then fastboot flash recovery my-recovery-here.img)
    20. repeat step2 (only if you want to remove the red text in the startup screen)

Notes:
    1. These are the exact steps I followed to get it working on my phone.
    2. steps 1 to 17 might be optional but the RUU install checks for previous version and I'm not sure if it'll go through if it finds a higher version is installed already. You can obviously experiment on your own.
    3. A nice surprise after reinstalling stock ROM via RUU is that the "Tampered" text was removed and never appeared again even after I flash TWRP.

GOOD LUCK!