Samsung Refuse to admit Note 2 N7102 does NOT work in North America

Search This thread

yanyu

It's not just people traveling to the USA, there are networks using these bands in south America, Thailand, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand.
The excuses I have got from the Samsung tech support people so far has been that this it's a Chinese phone designed to be used with Chinese SIM cards in the China market. I am slowly escalating this up with them.
I started with there tech support people and then team leader, who then passed me to an engineer, who then escalated to a engineering support team leader.
They tried to tell me the phone has been tested by Samsung in China and works with Chinese SIM card on 850/1700. I asked them to verify this in writing to me, and they have now said they will get the engineering manager to check with their test department, and call me back on Monday.
I think the problem is that the lower level people don't know there is a problem and just follow some standard procedures to deny any problem.
Hopefully I can get up to a level where they know about the problem, and can get an answer on their commitment to fix the issue.
Stay tuned for more

Sent from my GT-N8000 using XDA Premium HD app

Nice Job ! KiwiAndy !

if you can ready Chinese, this post I started have many information and proves that this phone does not work in Canada, US, New Zealand, Hongkong etc...

one people can lie, but so many people around the world will lie together for this ? I don't think so.

http://bbs.gfan.com/android-5805134-1-1.html

Last edited:

yanyu

It's not just people traveling to the USA, there are networks using these bands in south America, Thailand, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand.
The excuses I have got from the Samsung tech support people so far has been that this it's a Chinese phone designed to be used with Chinese SIM cards in the China market. I am slowly escalating this up with them.
I started with there tech support people and then team leader, who then passed me to an engineer, who then escalated to a engineering support team leader.
They tried to tell me the phone has been tested by Samsung in China and works with Chinese SIM card on 850/1700. I asked them to verify this in writing to me, and they have now said they will get the engineering manager to check with their test department, and call me back on Monday.
I think the problem is that the lower level people don't know there is a problem and just follow some standard procedures to deny any problem.
Hopefully I can get up to a level where they know about the problem, and can get an answer on their commitment to fix the issue.
Stay tuned for more

I think you mean they said they tested 850/1900

any way, please tell them to fix the 850 1900 GSM for the big sim slot also. :good:

Last edited:

Dwokfur

Dec 9, 2012
Budapest
atoth.sote.hu
Re: Dual Sim Dual Stand By N7102 to work in North America with GSM + 3G

Stay tuned for more

I keep my fingers crossed. If we are lucky, they reproduce the error and correct it. Since other dual SIM phone also use this chip, they must be capable of easily correcting the baseband. Hope for the best.

Sent from my GT-N7102 using xda app-developers app

stunner

Jul 4, 2004
So far working great in singapore which I got the phone for less then 2 week only then I realized is not working for 850mhz and 1900mhz, will try in Thailand in next 2 weeks time.So far Dtac I google is using 850mhz....

kiwiandy

Mar 29, 2008
Christchurch
I believe it is SmarTone VodaFone

Correct smartone hk use 850 WCDMA

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Well it looks like I'm not getting any further with Samsung customer service here in China.
They confirmed to me today that their engineering department has confirmed that it is working on all bands as specified.
My final straw I am clutching to now is that I asked them to email this confirmation to me as I wish to take it up with their corporate office in Korea. I only hope is that this might make them think more carefully about lying about this working.
I can't believe a multinational company like Samsung can produce a product that clearly doesn't meet their claimed specifications, and then they deny it.
I guess the only alternative I can think of now is to have the device tested by an independent test house?

Otherwise how do we bring this to the attention of the media such as engadget, etc?

yanyu

Correct smartone hk use 850 WCDMA

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Well it looks like I'm not getting any further with Samsung customer service here in China.
They confirmed to me today that their engineering department has confirmed that it is working on all bands as specified.
My final straw I am clutching to now is that I asked them to email this confirmation to me as I wish to take it up with their corporate office in Korea. I only hope is that this might make them think more carefully about lying about this working.
I can't believe a multinational company like Samsung can produce a product that clearly doesn't meet their claimed specifications, and then they deny it.
I guess the only alternative I can think of now is to have the device tested by an independent test house?

Otherwise how do we bring this to the attention of the media such as engadget, etc?

that would be a nice idea to get them reply you by writing, and let media like engadget or mobilesyrup test the phone out.

I will see if I can go to the Samsung store in Vancouver, and let them certify that this phone is not working in Canada.

kiwiandy

Mar 29, 2008
Christchurch
Yes true but they use 850 in the outer areas of HK which means that you cannot get full coverage with this handset on 3G

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

It's a anyone else following this thread in China?
If so can you please call the Samsung toll free number 400810858 , ask for customer support person #1871 (they don't give their names) and tell them that you are having the same problem.

jessezx

Mar 10, 2005
Stay tuned for more

we should file a case in BBB

Sent from my GT-N7102 using Tapatalk 2

gavenraj

Dec 11, 2012
Beijing
Video showing the issue in operation and requesting resolution from Samsung

So, a person on Youku has provided a video (http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE2NjcwNzcy.html) clearly showing the issue with a statement at the end of the video that calls for Samsung to act professionally with a repair patch and translates to the following:

"If Samsung China wants proof of the N7102 not working on 3G in other countries, we can take videos from all over the world like we have shown here.

The issue is:

The big card (GSM 850/1900) works
The little card (WCDMA 850/1900) does not work

in: Hong Kong; Canada, United States, New Zeland, etc...

Even if China Unicom users have international service (roaming) activated and they travel to these countries, the little card (WCDMA 850/1900) still does not work in the above countries.

They CAN'T even dial 911 for emergency purposes.

We hope that each big media company can expose this issue to stop Samsung from cheating the consumers, false advertising, and be accountable for their actions. We urge Samsung to address the product's quality defect. In order to repair Samsung's reputation, they need to provide a repair patch for their own product as soon as possible."

additional translating is upcoming.

How useful would the BBB be if Samsung defends itself by saying this is a phone that is designed specifically for the Chinese market?

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Hi All,

I am ready to expose this major Samsung N7102 issue to Engadget with their Chinese Editor in Chief but I need your support. I need to speak to a few of you that are experiencing the same issue so enough back-up information is available to reference and enough visual evidence (e.g., videos).

Please reach me at: SamsungN7102problems at gmail dot com

I will then reply and schedule a time to speak with each of you so that I can correlate information to speak intelligently with their Chinese Editor in Chief.

Thanks and time is of the essence,

-Raj
SamsungN7102problems at gmail dot com

So, a person on Youku has provided a video (http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE2NjcwNzcy.html) clearly showing the issue with a statement at the end of the video that calls for Samsung to act professionally with a repair patch and translates to the following:

"If Samsung China wants proof of the N7102 not working on 3G in other countries, we can take videos from all over the world like we have shown here.

The issue is:

The big card (GSM 850/1900) works
The little card (WCDMA 850/1900) does not work

in: Hong Kong; Canada, United States, New Zeland, etc...

Even if China Unicom users have international service (roaming) activated and they travel to these countries, the little card (WCDMA 850/1900) still does not work in the above countries.

They CAN'T even dial 911 for emergency purposes.

We hope that each big media company can expose this issue to stop Samsung from cheating the consumers, false advertising, and be accountable for their actions. We urge Samsung to address the product's quality defect. In order to repair Samsung's reputation, they need to provide a repair patch for their own product as soon as possible."

additional translating is upcoming.

gavenraj

Dec 11, 2012
Beijing
Samsung officially changes their WCDMA support specs today, link below

How shameless is this?

With the noise created, rather than fix the issue they caused by misrepresentation of their N7102 product's quad-band WCDMA support, they have changed it to reflect the following

Edited page by Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/cn/consumer/...duos/GT-N7102RWDCHN-spec?subsubtype=wcdma-gsm

Network: 网络

WCDMA 900MHz/2,100MHz
GSM 850MHz/900MHz/1,800MHz/1,900MHz

Non-edited page by Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/cn/support/model/GT-N7102RWDCHU-techspecs

Network: 网络

WCDMA 850/900/1,900/2,100 MHz
GSM 850/900/1,800/1,900 MHz

Not at all professional.

-Raj

Last edited:

Dwokfur

Dec 9, 2012
Budapest
atoth.sote.hu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mar 2nd Update

Sorry I didn't keep this post update regularly.

But I didn't rest. I have already gathered more than 200 people in China fighting against Samsung over the N7102 Baseband issue.

We are trying in every possible way to push Samsung, and force them to face us.

We already have a lot of media following this issue about Samsung's false advertisement on this issue, and we are trying to taking Samsung China to the court as well.

At the same time, Samsung is trying to stop us.

They negotiated with a lot of medias to stop their news on their website and megzine.
    They bribed most of chinese video hosting site to delete my demonstration video.

We will not stop !

Here's two things that you can do if you want to help us:

1. We are trying to gather as many as possible signned paper to file 315 report.(BBB in China)
    download the docment below, sign, and send to our email 631265979@qq.com

2. If you live in New York, please contact me right away. I hope we can have some people go to
    March 14th's Galaxy S IV lauch event with a big sign to tell Samsung head office, N7102 have a problem.
    I beleive if Samsung Korea or their head office are aware of these issue, a solution will come out very fast.
    Re: Dual Sim Dual Stand By N7102 to work in North America with GSM + 3G

I am visiting family in China for Chinese new year.
    We called the samsung support line today to complain about the lack of 850Mhz WCDMA support.
    After 20 minutes discussion in which they tried every excuse why it is my fault, or the sim card is faulty, etc they finally agreed to escalate the problem.
    I have been promised a return call within 24 hours.
    Will cross fingers.

@andyhkng try +864008105858.

Guys, take a look at this link.

http://news.chengdu.cn/content/2013-02/26/content_1163660.htm?node=583

Finally some press about the N7102's problems. The earlier we get this on gadget sites the better.
    we will have our people in China meeting with Samsung people tomorrow.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mar 5nd Update

we will have our people in China meeting with Samsung people flying from head office tomorrow.

Stay Tuned

Another Media report

http://translate.google.com/transla...tnews.itxinwen.com/tsal/2013/0306/485287.html

Mar 2nd Update

Sorry I didn't keep this post update regularly.

But I didn't rest. I have already gathered more than 200 people in China fighting against Samsung over the N7102 Baseband issue. (QQ group 289956485 )

We are trying in every possible way to push Samsung, and force them to face us.

We already have a lot of media following this issue about Samsung's false advertisement, and we are trying to taking Samsung China to the court as well.

At the same time, Samsung is trying to stop us.

They negotiated with a lot of medias to stop their news on their website and megzine.
    They bribed most of chinese video hosting site to delete my demonstration video.

We will not stop !

Here's two things that you can do if you want to help us:

1. We are trying to gather as many as possible signned paper to file 315 report.(BBB in China)
    download the docment below, sign, and send to our email 631265979@qq.com

2. If you live in New York, please contact me right away. I hope we can have some people go to
    March 14th's Galaxy S IV lauch event with a big sign to tell Samsung head office, N7102 have a problem.
    I beleive if Samsung Korea or their head office are aware of these issue, a solution will come out very fast.

Feb 16th Update

After took apart the N7102, the Base Band chipset in the phone is Qualcomm ESC6270+ Intel XG626

Intel XG626 supports GSM 850/900/1900/2100 + WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100 without a problem, a lot of phones are using this chipset.

But I can't find any information about Qualcomm ESC6270

The only thing I found is a LG C320 phone with repair manual HERE

This phone use ESC6270 with Support GSM 850, but in this manual, some places says it has ESC6270, some places says it has QSC6270.

If any one can figure out more from here, please let me know.

2012122213125949.jpg

Original Post

According to 60 pages thread in here,

the conclusion is N7102 will not work on 850 1900 WCDMA in Slot1 and 850 1900 GSM Slot2

I already sent report to Samsung China official website, and hope they can finish the update soon

===========================
    here is a possible way that might let the 850 and 1900 work. But with current ROM version, it's not working.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37162564&postcount=523

May be we can try flash international N7102 rom instead of the China Unicom one.
    I don't know where to find it tho...
    =============================

Summary of the Problem:

Micro Sim, Slot1
    Should be
    GSM 850/900/1900/2100
    Plus
    WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100

Actual:
    GSM 850/900/1900/2100 ALL works
    WCDMA 900/2100 works
    WCDMA 850/1900 not working