[ROM][AOSP] [Nightly/Release] CarbonRom JB [grouper]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

N@th_OC

Jul 29, 2011
Lyon
Quick question for the coming update. On my VZW Galaxy Nexus I had to flash 4.2.2 proprietary files before flashing a 4.2.2 kernel. Will I have to do the same for the N7 or can I just flash a kernel right over the ROM since we have an official 4.2.2 update?

You can just flash the kernel man.

bonzer2u

Dec 17, 2010
Southern Oregon...
I have really gotten fond of liquidsmooth, in fact the latest build gave me over 14k antutu scores with motleys 247 at stock 1.3Ghz cpu, the fastest AOSP yet, lookin forward to giving carbon a spin after your 4.2.2 release....

aggrophobik

Sep 11, 2012
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [grouper] » Feb 7

Also looking forward to 4.2.2 release. Enjoying both the toro & grouper flavors thus far. Not a huge fan of Nova on grouper, but minor gripe. Very well done overall, thnx for sharing.

Sent from my Nexus 7

jarayn

Aug 6, 2012
Also looking forward to 4.2.2 release. Enjoying both the toro & grouper flavors thus far. Not a huge fan of Nova on grouper, but minor gripe. Very well done overall, thnx for sharing.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Nova launcher?

If so that's not even a legit complaint. If not then what?

Edit: my post seems a bit aggressive when I re-read it sorry. I know you said minor but it's even less than that.

Oh and nova launcher is great lol.

Last edited:

Southern_mind

Mar 22, 2011
Charlotte, NC

Nova launcher?

If so that's not even a legit complaint. If not then what?

Edit: my post seems a bit aggressive when I re-read it sorry. I know you said minor but it's even less than that.

Oh and nova launcher is great lol.

I hate Nova. And hate it when is included in a ROM same thing for apex or any other launcher included in a ROM. Just put the stock one on there and if someone wants to use something else fine. But I just uninstall whatever is included as soon as the ROM boots. But that's just me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jarayn

Aug 6, 2012
I hate Nova. And hate it when is included in a ROM same thing for apex or any other launcher included in a ROM. Just put the stock one on there and if someone wants to use something else fine. But I just uninstall whatever is included as soon as the ROM boots. But that's just me.

Wow...You hate launchers. ...Ok ...walks away slowly....

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org

Just to let you all know, Nova Launcher has been replaced by Launcher2 (stock) for this exact reason... If users want their favourite launcher, they can download it :)

Still wokring daily to get you guys 4.2.2... Syncing now actually for a brand new build... :)

czonin

Apr 5, 2010
Astoria, NY

Just to let you all know, Nova Launcher has been replaced by Launcher2 (stock) for this exact reason... If users want their favourite launcher, they can download it :)

Still wokring daily to get you guys 4.2.2... Syncing now actually for a brand new build... :)

Keep up the good work! Really excited for the update, I haven't used my 7 in awhile just waiting to put this build on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mattmanwrx

k29er

Jan 2, 2013

Too bad. Carbon with nova showed me the launcher has more to do with how smooth things feel than the kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

bensl84

Mar 22, 2009
Raleigh

Just had to chime in. The rom is stupid. Ridiculous. I'm done with roms. I cracked flashed my GN but then started on my nex7 I'm done.

The battery life makes my phone last all day no matter what I do. I labled my nandroid on my gnex perfect. Lol

Can't wait to see 4.2.2 but if it never comes I won't be sad. This on the grouper is insane.

I have charged it once since the rom came out. Bravo!!!! Kudos!!!! All that

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

buffal0b1ll

Sep 5, 2012
Baltimore
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 2 XL
Just flashed lean kernel 1.5 and it's working real smooth so far. Allows OC to 1500. And looks to be a good candidate for 4.2.1 and 4.2.2

Dev states that
"v1.5 is up! Basically merged in Google's 4.2.2 code. But the changes are minor so v1.4 should be forward compatible with 4.2.2, and v1.5 should also be backward compatible with 4.2.1. In other words, just upgrade to v1.5 regardless of 4.2.x you're on. :)

EDIT: In order to OC to 1500 and get it to stick on reboot I had to jump through a few more hoops.
Flashed lk_nexus_7jb42-lk-1.5ghz and powerhal42_lk-1.5ghz.zip
Used SetCPU app:
-MainTab - 102-1500Mhz ticked Set at Boot
-GovernorTab - I changed the hispeed freq from 130000 to 150000 and ticked Set on Boot

Last edited:

jarayn

Aug 6, 2012
Still no dice... SystemUI constant force close which is no good... :(

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Damn, thats a pain. Thanks for trying.

The old one is pretty nice nonetheless.

Is it possible just to add patches for some of the newer things rather than a whole new build?
(I have no idea and am not particularly asking for it, just wondering if thats a more simple interim measure)

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org

Damn, thats a pain. Thanks for trying.

The old one is pretty nice nonetheless.

Is it possible just to add patches for some of the newer things rather than a whole new build?
(I have no idea and am not particularly asking for it, just wondering if thats a more simple interim measure)

I would have to say no.. Plus, I've updated my source to the latest commits, so don't actually have access to the older source...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

http://goo.im/devs/carbon

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Re: [ROM][AOSP] CarbonRom 1.4 JB 4.2.2 [grouper] » Feb 25

Bluetooth is known to me and I know a fix too...
    Update heading your way soon ;)

Finally, about time eh!!!

Update is out... OP is updated... Enjoy.... :)