Tablet UI for AOSP/CM10.1 discussion

Search This thread

veroby

Aug 24, 2012
London

FitAmp

Mar 21, 2012
Terrace
Totally looks forward to the outcome of this. I love cm 10.1 (and I am currently using it) only thing that I was missing out on was tabui

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Caldair

Dec 28, 2008
I really am liking AuxLV's idea of an on device app that automatically produces a flashable zip! And I hope that even if this patch that I have attached does work that you will continue to pursue that end. Also feel free to use the attached files if they will help you! The main problem with the method that I am using is that I have to download the original rom zip for every single rom that I want to produce a patch for. Your method would be so much simpler and user friendly.

Ok, that said...

Here is the patch I produced using this rom: cm-10.1-20130219-NIGHTLY-grouper.zip. I don't know if it will work on other variants of the device(3g) but if it is shown to work on grouper I could produce the same for other devices.

THE ATTACHED ZIPS HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED AT ALL. I DON'T OWN A NEXUS 7 :crying:. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK
... And make a backup first!!!

On my tab2 I had to boot into a clean CM install once, then reboot to recovery and flash the patch with CWM.

The second attached zip will restore all your normal files / Phablet. Feel free to link to this but please no mirrors at this point.

I await feedback, I have subscribed to this thread.

Good Luck.:fingers-crossed:

Attachments

• grouper-422-TabletUI.zip
    8 MB · Views: 26
  • grouper-422-PhabletRestore.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: xparagonx

MWFD

Dec 14, 2010
Philadelphia
Hs anyone tested this yet? I'm already running CM 10.1 official 2-17 nightly, do I need to wipe data and/or reflash ROM? I can't test now in case it bricks, I have no way to restore. May be able to test later if no one has by then...

Caldair

Dec 28, 2008
Hs anyone tested this yet? I'm already running CM 10.1 official 2-17 nightly, do I need to wipe data and/or reflash ROM? I can't test now in case it bricks, I have no way to restore. May be able to test later if no one has by then...

In my experience with GTab2's you can flash it right over your existing rom. In fact when I tried to flash CM,Gapps,TabletUI all at once there was strangeness.
Best to flash over running build.

Don't need to wipe anything either, just flash and reboot!

azoller1

Aug 4, 2011
My Room
OnePlus 8T
Yeah I have tried using autopatcher and it works getting through the patch but once I boot it up it is in tablet ui mode but when you touch the notification box you either get a reboot or system ui force closes which makes it unusable and it happens every time

Sent from my LG-IPROJ using Tapatalk 2

Caldair

Dec 28, 2008
I have seen patches for my device as well where systemui fc's on any touch, however that is not the case for me on my Tab 2. I am not saying that means anything for the nexus 7, but at the same time I cannot find another working tabletUI for CM10.1 on 4.2.2 for any device.

Rather than say it won't work, try it and say it doesn't work. ;)

xparagonx

Jul 4, 2012
I really am liking AuxLV's idea of an on device app that automatically produces a flashable zip! And I hope that even if this patch that I have attached does work that you will continue to pursue that end. Also feel free to use the attached files if they will help you! The main problem with the method that I am using is that I have to download the original rom zip for every single rom that I want to produce a patch for. Your method would be so much simpler and user friendly.

Ok, that said...

Here is the patch I produced using this rom: cm-10.1-20130219-NIGHTLY-grouper.zip. I don't know if it will work on other variants of the device(3g) but if it is shown to work on grouper I could produce the same for other devices.

THE ATTACHED ZIPS HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED AT ALL. I DON'T OWN A NEXUS 7 :crying:. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK
... And make a backup first!!!

On my tab2 I had to boot into a clean CM install once, then reboot to recovery and flash the patch with CWM.

The second attached zip will restore all your normal files / Phablet. Feel free to link to this but please no mirrors at this point.

I await feedback, I have subscribed to this thread.

Good Luck.:fingers-crossed:

Thank you for the zip. I tried flashing the patch with twrp but when my tablet rebooted, it was still in phablet mode. And as far as I can tell, its running just the same as before.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Reactions: Caldair

Caldair

Dec 28, 2008
Thank you for the zip. I tried flashing the patch with twrp but when my tablet rebooted, it was still in phablet mode. And as far as I can tell, its running just the same as before.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Ok thanks for testing it out, sorry its not working... I made a similar mod for the 10" tab 2 that didnt work until you changed dpi up...:( Current workaround with xposed app settings for Android System @ 180dpi instead of stock 160. This seems very strange to me but it works. Its screen is 800x1280, mine is 600x1024.

I hope this is somehow usefull to someone, as I know too well your disdain for Phablet.

Last edited:
Reactions: xparagonx

opz187

Sep 30, 2012
Yea I can't stand phablet, just doesn't make sense to me. Right now I'm on codefirex.. But I would love to have a mod for cm10.1 or aosp so I could flash prime dd02 and update it.

opz187

Sep 30, 2012
Idk if aux has dropped alpha2? But I've been found some reading about the xposed framework installer. Would it be possible to use the xposed app to download and enable the tablet ui trigger module for it? Or would it not work on latest version of android?

azoller1

Aug 4, 2011
My Room
OnePlus 8T
Yeah actually I tried installing the tab ui module but it wouldnt show up in my app drawer, or anywhere hope it works for you or anyone

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: opz187

Caldair

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah actually I tried installing the tab ui module but it wouldnt show up in my app drawer, or anywhere hope it works for you or anyone

The Xposed Tablet UI module doesn't show up anywhere except in the Xposed Installer, under the Modules tab. You have to tick the box to enable Tablet UI module then reboot. There is no visible app at all.:fingers-crossed:

veroby

Aug 24, 2012
London
I hate to chip in with a bit of a negative conspiracy theory but i am starting to think why can't we have TabUI with CM10.
For those of you whom don't know Joe Levi, he is pocketnow's vivid supporter/advertiser/lover for CyanogenMod on all nexus devices
If you filter through Joe Levi vid demonstrations on the nexus 10 once he had installed CM10 it was running tableUI. This I have questioned on many threads but have not managed to get an answer. What is the difference between Nexus 10 and 7. Apart from the obvious, they have different chips.
That argument doesnt stand with me. If i can run Abuntu on the same system I am running windows where's the problem and why are we not getting any closer when so many good people are on it.......?

I really hope i am wrong but i am starting to think this thread is just to keep us that want tabUI away from CM10 thread. I feel we are not going to get it because there is politics at play. I hope the good people can prove this idiot wrong.....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts