Best backup app for non rooted?

Search This thread

Techie2012

Feb 1, 2012
What is the best backup app for my non rooted Nexus 10?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

omgi0wn

Jun 18, 2010
You can actually backup your device with TWRP and it will do a complete backup of your device, even if you aren't rooted. However, I'm not sure if you can restore it if you are unrooted. What you do is flash the recovery through fastboot, which requires adb on your computer. It's a little complicated, but that's how I backed up my device before I unlocked the bootloader and rooted it.

dan.kels.r

Jun 25, 2010
Okinawa
For backing up just apps I think my backup can do it non rooted. But that may only be the premium version

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
You can actually backup your device with TWRP and it will do a complete backup of your device, even if you aren't rooted. However, I'm not sure if you can restore it if you are unrooted. What you do is flash the recovery through fastboot, which requires adb on your computer. It's a little complicated, but that's how I backed up my device before I unlocked the bootloader and rooted it.

Can you flash TWRP though if you bootloader is locked? I am guessing that since the OP is not rooted, he/she probably doesnt have the tablet unlocked either. And with a bootloader unlock it wipes all data, so it wont help if TWRP or CWM cant be flashed with a locked bootloader.

omgi0wn

Jun 18, 2010
Can you flash TWRP though if you bootloader is locked? I am guessing that since the OP is not rooted, he/she probably doesnt have the tablet unlocked either. And with a bootloader unlock it wipes all data, so it wont help if TWRP or CWM cant be flashed with a locked bootloader.

Actually you can. You just boot recovery rather than flashing it. I wanted to unlock and root my device but I had already set it up and had it for a few weeks. I booted into recovery through fastboot and backed up my device. Then I transfered the backup folder as well as the rest of my internal storage to my computer so it wouldn't be deleted when i unlocked my bootloader. Then I unlocked, booted recovery again, restored my backup, and then rooted and I was now unlocked and rooted without losing anything :)

Reactions: imnothereatall

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Actually you can. You just boot recovery rather than flashing it. I wanted to unlock and root my device but I had already set it up and had it for a few weeks. I booted into recovery through fastboot and backed up my device. Then I transfered the backup folder as well as the rest of my internal storage to my computer so it wouldn't be deleted when i unlocked my bootloader. Then I unlocked, booted recovery again, restored my backup, and then rooted and I was now unlocked and rooted without losing anything :)