FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Killer feature : 2xfront speaker + infra remote control + ultrapixel with OIS.

270 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By kkcheong, Senior Member on 20th February 2013, 04:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th February 2013, 09:03 PM |#21  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Croatia, Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Screen(!), build quality(full metal body !!!), camera, dynamic in-call volume, IR emitter. HTC - I love you <3

20th February 2013, 09:45 PM |#22  
Flag Metro Detroit
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I like the idea of over 450 pixels per inch. But I know that HTC is going to do something with the Tegra 4 and leave the buyers of this in the dust. I also do in fact enjoy being able to revert to Stock from Sense or whatever, so if I do get another HTC it will be one with a perfectly stable official CM build.

I think that HTC makes the best looking hardware personally. I also think they explore a lot more in the media tech department than any other manufacturer in mobile. While NFC and Wireless Charging are cool, I really don't use them, like, ever. I wish them luck on this, nobody else is really innovating the mediacentric side of Android. Other than OUYA, that stuff is pretty cool. I preordered mine .
21st February 2013, 12:52 AM |#23  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixon

I like the idea of over 450 pixels per inch. But I know that HTC is going to do something with the Tegra 4 and leave the buyers of this in the dust. I also do in fact enjoy being able to revert to Stock from Sense or whatever, so if I do get another HTC it will be one with a perfectly stable official CM build.

I think that HTC makes the best looking hardware personally. I also think they explore a lot more in the media tech department than any other manufacturer in mobile. While NFC and Wireless Charging are cool, I really don't use them, like, ever. I wish them luck on this, nobody else is really innovating the mediacentric side of Android. Other than OUYA, that stuff is pretty cool. I preordered mine .

T4 isn't that big of a jump from the S600. I wouldn't feel left out if they did go that route lol.
21st February 2013, 01:49 AM |#24  
Flag london, UK
Thanks Meter: 246

More
I played with the phone for 3mins and pre ordered it, it was that good. Only drawbacks imo is lack of memory card slot or even a 64gb version in the uk like with the one x+ but the phone was so good. I still pre ordered.

Camera
video + video audio
UI
audio
speakers
speed
all on point, quite frankly I said the xperia z was the best phone before I saw the one, well the xperia z is now 2nd place. I am not even concerned about samsung s4, had all previous samsung flagships mainly due to battery life and hardware but never again, phones are so boring and cameras suck big time imo epecially audio recording on the s2/s3/note 2
21st February 2013, 02:19 AM |#25  
Flag THIS PLANET
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Re: Killer feature : 2xfront speaker + infra remote control + ultrapixel with OIS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaroo

processor to me, but any android apps thats actually demanding enough to push the hardware at all? the GPU is still the andreno 320.

An upgraded andreno 320....let's hope the 1080p resolution is not tooo much stress for it....cos am a serious gamer and those front facing speaker are the bomb.....am definitely getting it after I see good 3d benchmarks

Sent from my Desire Z using xda premium
21st February 2013, 04:03 AM |#26  
Flag Olimpia-SP
Thanks Meter: 588

Donate to Me
More
really the sound and camera impress me!
21st February 2013, 04:46 AM |#27  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Re: Killer feature : 2xfront speaker + infra remote control + ultrapixel with OIS.
For me coming from the GNex:

1) screen
2) much improved sound
3) camera
4) LTE

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
21st February 2013, 01:20 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Camera along with HTC ZOE (awesomness), processor, design, not 5"

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
21st February 2013, 05:02 PM |#29  
Flag IL
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkforce

Camera along with HTC ZOE (awesomness), processor, design, not 5"

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

does anyone know if it has headphone amp or not??
i know it has a speaker amp, but thats none of my concerns i want an headphone amp to power beyerdynamics headphones..
21st February 2013, 08:44 PM |#30  
Flag Houston, because I have a problem
Thanks Meter: 296

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strip419

An upgraded andreno 320....let's hope the 1080p resolution is not tooo much stress for it....cos am a serious gamer and those front facing speaker are the bomb.....am definitely getting it after I see good 3d benchmarks

Sent from my Desire Z using xda premium

Quadrant: 12026 (CPU: 35114, Mem: 10821, I/O 10908, 2D: 1006, 3D: 2253)

you'll have to dig around for other phones results. But remember more than just pixels are being pushed, the CPU needs to feed the GPU and handle sound/memory/AI all at once so even a lesser GPU can benefit from a CPU upgrade.

From all the vids I've watched the interface seems very smooth at 1080p so it looks like the CPU/VPU/GPU can handle it.
24th February 2013, 09:41 PM |#31  
Flag Metro Detroit
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedhros

T4 isn't that big of a jump from the S600. I wouldn't feel left out if they did go that route lol.

Eh, who knows. It "sounds awesome" but I mean, I have never touched a Tegra 4. The Tegra 3 on my N7 offers awful performance although I'm setting my hopes higher for the OUYA Console (I preordered it c. I really think that Nvidia can make a big catch up though. If you think about it, most high end phones really aren't lagging in the UI department, what's really pushing the phones is 3D rendering and I mean... Nvidia pretty much sets the bar on PC Graphics. That's why I have high hopes for the Tegra 4. And also just hoping it will succeed .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)