Receiving/Sending of texts is delayed

Search This thread
Just bought a GSIII yesterday, and my friends have been complaining about my texts coming in late, and me getting their texts late as well. I'm running the latest CM10, but this has been a constant issue with me and Android phones.... ever since I had the EVO 3D on Sprint, to the Xperia Play/Xperia S on AT&T, to the One X, to the GSIII, I've always had an issue with receiving texts hours late on those phones. That's across two different carriers, across five different phones, from stock ROMs to heavily modded ROMs, and from AT&T's 3G APN to its LTE APN. However, using an iPhone for the past few weeks (before switching to the GSIII), I received EVERY text the second it was sent, and all my texts delivered on time. Note this is with the exact same SIM I just put in my GSIII. So... why? Why is this happening? Please, someone tell me... why is it that the only phone that will receive texts on time is the iPhone? That literally makes zero logical sense.

blaker13

Jun 15, 2008
The area coverage where you live? Data speeds.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

RPelham

Dec 19, 2012
Tampa
The iPhone uses data to send text messages between iPhones. hence why some messages are blue, and other messages are green when you send to other types of phones. This could be one reason you had zero lag with iPhone if the majority of your friends have iPhone as well.

If you are experiencing this across phones and carriers it is a problem with your area. you would need to contact your current carrier for a resolution. Your phone isn't the problem they are.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: mbc663

Top Liked Posts