Post Reply Email Thread
20th February 2013, 01:53 AM |#91  
Flag Brunswick, OH
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Re: Question HTC M7 vs HTC DROID DNA...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23

I thought and don't quote me on this that the M7 has additional storage 32GB, a removable battery and an SD Card slot. All the stuff that the DNA is kinda lacking.

It doesn't have an SD card, but it will come in two versions, 32Gb and 64Gb

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

20th February 2013, 02:09 AM |#92  
Flag Denver, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I think it is a solid upgrade, and if it was available on Verizon I would probably have gotten it instead of the DNA for 3 reasons:

1) It looks better (better build quality maybe)
2) 16GB more storage
3) Larger battery

That being said it's not even available on Verizon not to mention we get the large screen. Our devices are very comparable, the One is just slightly refined. Most of us probably appreciate HTC so it is good to see them thrown out some cool stuff to compete with the Galaxy S4.
20th February 2013, 04:07 AM |#93  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,456

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockTripod

Um, the DNA is impressive, and I am extremely happy with it. That being said, the M7 is in virtually every respect a more impressive device. OC'ed CPU, slightly smaller and therefore higher DPI screen, improved camera, larger storage and battery. How is it not in the same league as the DNA? I'm not trying to argue, just curious if there is something I'm missing. It seems the M7 is without doubt there top product.

It's SoC is the S600...That thing is significantly faster than the S4 Pro according articles. The DNA or any similar device can't keep up in fluidity.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
20th February 2013, 06:11 AM |#94  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 646

Donate to Me
More
i know its more about real world then benchmarks, but thought this would interest someof you benchmark fenatics

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...e-new-htc-one/
20th February 2013, 07:58 AM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I love everything about the M7 except the lack of the recent/menu button.
Btw, Verizon users will probably get an upgraded DNA in Q3 with the S800.
20th February 2013, 11:25 AM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Edit...
20th February 2013, 08:28 PM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
R: Question HTC M7 vs HTC DROID DNA...
You think DNA/butterfly can be upgraded to new Sense 5.0??

Inviato dal mio ZP950ZOPOMOBILE.IT con Tapatalk 2
21st February 2013, 12:05 PM |#98  
Australia
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_passenger

I love everything about the M7 except the lack of the recent/menu button.
Btw, Verizon users will probably get an upgraded DNA in Q3 with the S800.

You just have to double tap on the home button and the recent apps appear in a multi thumbnail framed format.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda premium
21st February 2013, 10:48 PM |#99  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 5,155

More
Here's something to think about. The One's casing is indeed 100% aluminum. In every previous attempt by a manufacturer to use an all-aluminum housing the result was disastrous for wireless reception. That includes antenna-gate on the Sensation which only had a partial aluminum body. Looking at the casing HTC's either going to try to get a signal through it or the antennas will have to be forward facing to get through the glass front panel. Neither is a recipe for great and/or consistent wireless reception. It'll be interesting to see how the One does once it's tested by sites like GSMArena and Anandtech.

The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BarryH_GEG Ad-Free
23rd February 2013, 03:33 AM |#100  
Australia
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Info 2 Good One !
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

Here's something to think about. The One's casing is indeed 100% aluminum. In every previous attempt by a manufacturer to use an all-aluminum housing the result was disastrous for wireless reception. That includes antenna-gate on the Sensation which only had a partial aluminum body. Looking at the casing HTC's either going to try to get a signal through it or the antennas will have to be forward facing to get through the glass front panel. Neither is a recipe for great and/or consistent wireless reception. It'll be interesting to see how the One does once it's tested by sites like GSMArena and Anandtech.

Boy, you would think they would have checked that one out after their last experience and the iphone4 which did tarnish their reputation after users found that signals were being lost and calls dropping out, left, right and center. And that was only for a metal side strip that was interferring with the radios. That would be disaterous for a struggling HTC.

Thanks for pointing this out. I will definetely be waiting for users reviews before taking the plunge on this one, which I was very keen to do so.
23rd February 2013, 03:44 AM |#101  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 646

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgpj

Boy, you would think they would have checked that one out after their last experience and the iphone4 which did tarnish their reputation after users found that signals were being lost and calls dropping out, left, right and center. And that was only for a metal side strip that was interferring with the radios. That would be disaterous for a struggling HTC.

Thanks for pointing this out. I will definetely be waiting for users reviews before taking the plunge on this one, which I was very keen to do so.

All you guys need do to get signal on a phone is cough up forty dollars for a bumper case. And remember if it still doesn't work. Your holding it wrong

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)