3,185 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,107

By beaups, Senior Recognized Developer on 19th February 2013, 03:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd February 2013, 03:11 AM |#591  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 909

More
I got to the final line and it says su not found ,,, what should i do now?

22nd February 2013, 03:16 AM |#592  
Thanks Meter: 531

More
Re: [S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices One S, One XL, Droid DNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown245

I got to the final line and it says su not found ,,, what should i do now?

Are you rooted?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
22nd February 2013, 03:31 AM |#593  
Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 15,605

Donate to Me
More
rainabba,

This is not an OPEN DEVELOPMENT community, this is a public development community. We made decisions not to obfuscate what is going on, so the community could learn, but choose to keep the rights and source to the project. It is free for personal use, but not opensource and not free to distribute.

Hell I remember you flipping out over someone distributing a GPL licensed binary you compiled, you have no room to talk here.

You like to cause problems with any AndIRC related project (time and time again), you have issues with us it is very clear, but I'm going to ask you nicely to just go away. If you don't like how we handle our projects, go create your own instead of complaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainabba

Every instance so far where someone has had this issue AND succeeded seems to require AT LEAST wiping data, but sometimes as much as an RUU flash to stock, and at worst, a complete RUU, re-lock, and start from scratch as if the phone was fresh out of the box.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Why do you people keep insisting this? Because the OP "demanded" that nobody do it? That won't hold water and so far I can't see any reason a one-click can't be made. It might not be safe and since only the noobs would "need" it, it's likely a bad idea, but there are those like myself who will often create such scripts because they end up being useful for any number of reasons and I'll be damned if someone things that in an OPEN DEVELOPMENT community, that something like a SCRIPT won't be released because someone said so.

Your reply to this person is offensive on so many levels. You could at least take time to explain yourself (or link to such an explanation).

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 03:37 AM |#594  
Flag Cleveland

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigandrewgold

Are you rooted?

I have an unlocked bootloader but I My Rom is stock Fresh from RUU , Should I be on a rooted Rom ?
22nd February 2013, 03:43 AM |#595  
Thanks Meter: 531

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown245

I have an unlocked bootloader but I My Rom is stock Fresh from RUU , Should I be on a rooted Rom ?

Flash superuser. It should work after that.

22nd February 2013, 04:12 AM |#596  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaups

There will be no one click.

Why do you people keep insisting this? Because the OP "demanded" that nobody do it? That won't hold water and so far I can't see any reason a one-click can't be made. It might not be safe and since only the noobs would "need" it, it's likely a bad idea, but there are those like myself who will often create such scripts because they end up being useful for any number of reasons and I'll be damned if someone things that in an OPEN DEVELOPMENT community, that something like a SCRIPT won't be released because someone said so.

Your reply to this person is offensive on so many levels. You could at least take time to explain yourself (or link to such an explanation).

Hmm - beaups IS the OP so he CAN state (not demand - see the difference?) that there will be no "one-click". One-clicks for the general public for something like this are generally not a good idea. I don't care if you create your own scripts to flush the toilet when you're done! This is not your script, and until you come up with a piece of work like this I suggest you calm down and stop harassing this team. You've been asked multiple times, quite nicely I might add, so I suggest you move along. Take that as your final warning.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jerdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerdog Ad-Free
22nd February 2013, 06:37 AM |#597  
Flag Cleveland

More
I have finally after SEVERAL attempts S-OFF ,,,,,,,,,,,, Thanks for all the help
22nd February 2013, 07:16 AM |#598  
Sherrills Ford, NC
Thanks Meter: 151

More
I'll attempt again tomorrow when i'm not distracted by top gear UK, but when I tried tonight I kept getting hung up at the white HTC splash screen after flashing the zip and doing the oem boot command. Happened twice, I'm sure the solution is somewhere in this thread, just not reading through all of it right now haha.
22nd February 2013, 09:14 AM |#599  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Hi beaups and other devs,

I believe this method will work for HTC Butterfly X920D as well. Will you guys be implementing the s-off method to X920d?
If you require any help, please feel free to ask.

Cheers,
22nd February 2013, 09:29 AM |#600  
Flag LA
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by croppz

I'll attempt again tomorrow when i'm not distracted by top gear UK, but when I tried tonight I kept getting hung up at the white HTC splash screen after flashing the zip and doing the oem boot command. Happened twice, I'm sure the solution is somewhere in this thread, just not reading through all of it right now haha.

I just finished going threw the exact same thing. What I did was what beaups said to do and basically do
Re-lock
RUU to stock
take the OTA (make sure you still have supercid first, just in case)
Unlock
Root
S-OFF
But I did it from instructions from this thread and it worked http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2152993

It's basically Re-lock then RUU to stock then Unlock take the OTA update then flash recovery then root with superuser zip and proceed to S-OFF instructions
22nd February 2013, 09:55 AM |#601  
Flag North Hollywood
Thanks Meter: 1

More
If you guys need a guinea I have a new stock with ota DNA none rooted and am willing to throw it in the pile for the greater good of non s-off people.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)