[ROM][GCC4.8][11/10] EternityProject's CyanogenMod 10.2 for LG Optimus 4X HD

Search This thread

Xenogenics

Jul 15, 2012
Re: [ROM] EternityProject's CyanogenMod 10.1 for LG Optimus 4X HD

@kholk

Damn, right after valentine's day too.

Sent from my (Rooted, CWMed, v10h, EternityProjectByKholk) LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

musklor

Nov 15, 2012
Nancy

@kholk
Good luck and thank you.
Thank you for your honesty

Envoyé depuis mon LG-P880 avec Tapatalk

Last edited:

pierg75

@kholk

Sorry to hear about your personal problems. Hope everything works out for you in the end.

Take however much time you need and please do not feel pressured to do anything now that your motivation and focus clearly is elsewhere.
I'm quite sure everyone who has been through similar experiences understands, and those who don't really should just keep their mouths shut.

Stay safe and think about no one but yourself for a while now.

Wishing you the best!

StigB1974

I couldn't agree more.
Kholk take your time and we'll just wait.

Thanks for all your amazing job!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

friartuckme

Dec 15, 2008
cheshire
@kholk

sorry to hear your bad news dude, ive been fortuante enough to be with the same girl for 15 years so i can only guess how bad it is for you, i pray for things to get better for you soon and wish you the best of luck.

very grateful for all you have done

bish

Reactions: musklor

Xenogenics

Jul 15, 2012

Always stick with a stable release and pay attention to feedback at least 3-4 days after an update has been released.

So you can consider whether to update or not. Rather than installing it straight away.

Sent from my (Rooted, CWMed, v10h, EternityProjectByKholk) LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: hassan1990

flickyamom

Aug 30, 2011
Singapore

Always stick with a stable release and pay attention to feedback at least 3-4 days after an update has been released.

So you can consider whether to update or not. Rather than installing it straight away.

Well if everyone does that, then there won't even be feedbacks.

Sent from my LG-P880

Navios92

Nov 24, 2011
Damanhour

Guys I'm planning to use this ROM but I wanna know is Bluetooth still not working? And external sd is it fully working?
Also are there any other bugs I should worry about?

Navios92

Nov 24, 2011
Damanhour

Guy... try to read 1st page ;)

I've already done that. That's why I asked if Bluetooth is still not working to check if there's any workaround or something.
And about sdcard. It's said that it's a bug but in changelog it's mounted as sdcard1, that's why I asked if it's fully working.

nbock97

Apr 14, 2012
I've already done that. That's why I asked if Bluetooth is still not working to check if there's any workaround or something.
And about sdcard. It's said that it's a bug but in changelog it's mounted as sdcard1, that's why I asked if it's fully working.

nope it's not fully working now you can just find it as sdcard1 and I think bluetooth is also not working till bootloader unlock! If you need external SD I propose you to use CustoNexus!

Reactions: Navios92

BartimaeusPT

Mar 24, 2011
Lisbon
Help

Please help me

my phone is trapped on the CyanogenMod boot
I booted this morning & it stuck on update android i remove the battery & try it again but it didn't leave it

so i did a factory reset & now doesn't leave the boot
i already did wipe to factory & wipe cash!!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

PS: I have access to recovery!!!
PS_2: I also have access to the menu with the Power + volume up..... but I don´t know how to use it!! =\

Last edited:

nbock97

Apr 14, 2012
Please help me

my phone is trapped on the CyanogenMod boot
I booted this morning & it stuck on update android i remove the battery & try it again but it didn't leave it

so i did a factory reset & now doesn't leave the boot
i already did wipe to factory & wipe cash!!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

PS: I have access to recovery!!!
PS_2: I also have access to the menu with the Power + volume up..... but I don´t know how to use it!! =\

if you wiped everything in stock recovery there are two other ways which could help

1. recovery boot into cwm and flash the zip again or try to restore a backup

and if that doesn't help

2. flash kdz then new root, new cwm and flash CM 10.1 again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the EternityProject!

What do we have here?
    CM10.2-EPRJ --- Or... EternityProject's CyanogenMod 10.2 for LG Optimus 4X!

What's the point in using CM10.2-EPRJ?
    It contains various optimizations made at compile time. Moreover, it isn't being compiled with the default Android toolchain, but with a custom one that better handles and optimizes the code.
    The CM10.2-EPRJ package will also automatically install our EternityProject Kernel 3.4.37.

Recommendations:
    Patience is virtue.

Can I use a non-EternityProject Kernel on CM10.2-EPRJ?
    For now, it's possible. Absolutely.

Features:
    - All the standard CM10.2 Features are enabled
    - New, custom toolchain for improved code optimization and better performance
    - More to come

ROM Changelog:
    Code:
    20131007:
    - CM repos synced
    - New EternityProject optimizations (OMGFAST!)
    - Featuring latest revision of EPRJ kernel 3.4
    20130813:
    - CM repos synced
    - Mobile data is stabler
    20130811:
    - Stabler baseband
    - External SDCard now accessible from file managers
    - MTP finally working
    20130810v2:
    - Stability enhancements for Stagefright
    - Other misc performance improvements
    20130810:
    - Synced with CM repos
    - Smoother UI
    20130808v2:
    - Modified EPRJRIL recovery prop
    - EternityProject RIL Recovery is now enabled by default.
    - Trials to solve some people's problem with baseband
    20130607:
    - Sync'ed with CM repos on 07/06
    - Added further EternityProject optimizations
    - Solved Camera FC issue
    - First try for solving the mobile data crash
    20130602:
    - First release.
    Note: If you want to see the stock CM changelog, it's located at http://review.cyanogenmod.com/

How-To:
    1. Copy the CM10.2-EPRJ and GApps packages on your internal memory
    2. If you aren't coming from a previous version of CM10.2-EPRJ, wipe data and cache
    3. Flash CM10.2-EPRJ, then flash GApps
    4. Reboot
    5. Enjoy!

Notes:
    1. If you're looking for the Developer Settings menu, tap on "build number" N times (CM will say you when it's done)
    2. This ROM doesn't work with CM10.1 kernels
    3. (Temporary) If you want working SU/root: become developer (tap "Build number" 7 times in Settings > About phone), go to "Developer options" in settings and set "Root access" to "Apps and ADB".

So, what to download?
    Everything is located on my website!
    EternityProject's CyanogenMod 10.2 for LG Optimus 4X HD --- Click me!

Hey, and what about GPL?
    Search on my GIT: Gitorious and/or EternityProject self-hosted GIT

Enjoy your "new" device!

The EternityProject Team Manager & Main Developer,
    --kholk
    @ApriliaM3
    Thanks for your support, but I don't like to bother moderators without any really important reason. Don't worry, being a RD makes me able to close and open my threads :)

@Everyone else
    Nope, I don't really like the spamming and the OT that is going on here.
    I mean, just "some" is okay, but well, effectively it's too much now!

I understand that you're anxious to try the Next Big Thing, but really, asking everyday if something happened is sick...
    ...obviously, if something happens, you'll know because something will be published on our EternityProject Twitter/Facebook accounts or on this thread.

What I've published on Twitter and Facebook in the meanwhile were "general" news on the development status and most of the messages were about the HTC One X, apart one of the last ones where I'm saying that I've anyway ported the broken LG Optimus 4X HD board files on our new 3.4.37 kernel base.
    I didn't want to say that here because it's an "useless" thing that will only speed up (one day instead of 2 weeks, approximately) the new porting when LGE will release the new kernel source containing the proper drivers.

This is only the CM-EPRJ thread.

Believe it or not, even as a developer, I'm as anxious as you to try my kernel on my device and I'm as sick as you to know that we won't have anything in our hands prior LGE to release the new sources.

Please, be patient like me and keep the thread clean.

Thanks.

--kholk
    Hello everyone!

It's a long time, I know... but as you know, I have to study for the university, so I can only steal some really little time from my commitments to get to work on our devices.

I don't know what to really say here, there's nothing to really explain, if not that:
    1. We're the first to release Android 4.3 for 4XHD
    2. I've rewritten 80% of the RIL and now your SMS, IMEI, calls etc etc etc problems should be OVER.
    3. Remember that this is the first release for 4.3, we can say it's alpha!
    4. The build has been tested for only one day, no problems detected. You tell!
    5. The EternityProject TeaM rules! :p

Enjoy the new release!

P.S.: Source coming to GIT in 3 to 6 hours.

--kholk
    Correct, at all!

I'm having some hard time at the university, but no problem at all.
    My roadmap is to publish out new packages for the HTC One X (almost ready -- and remember that the kernel will be the same, so it's also O4X work) and then to get back on the O4X for the most amazing things you'll ever see in your life! :)

Then, I can confirm you that the serious O4X development will resume in 3 to 5 days.

Stay tuned!

--kholk
    Hey guys!

I've solved some issues.
    The vibrator now works perfectly here and there was a performance problem.
    The performance problem was related to OpenGL ES 1.1 not running really fine and the Camera app running slow because it was falling back on SW video processing. Now it works perfectly and fast as hell here.

As for the "Android Beam" menu, I've got some ideas on how to activate it (even if actually NFC works wonderfully).

I've read that an user says something about no autofocus on Camera: I can only say it's working fine here, I've practically stressed the focuser to get a bug, but nothing, my device focuses correctly.

Another thing: ROOT.

I may know why root isn't working and yeah, I was referring to ADB root access, not to users root access when I said it was working for me. I left enabled some developer-only "flags" that will make some mess here and there (and also lower the performance).

So, the next version will be released tomorrow and will contain:
    - Vibration fix (done. -- damn proprietary things to reverse engineer!!!)
    - HW Video Decoding (done)
    - 3DHW Fix for OpenGLES 1.1 (done)
    - Easy root access for users (ToDo -- simple)
    - Option in settings for deactivating NFC (Not sure!)

That's all for now.

--kholk