[HBOOT] HBOOT-8064 Groups Engneering HBOOT

Search This thread

darkace

Jun 16, 2009
Houston
You would run fastboot devices to check and see that fastboot mode is working. Are you sure you're in fastboot not regular bootloader? See what fastboot devices gets you, you need to have the bootloader in fastboot USB mode for it where adb devices works with the rom booted or in bootloader I believe.

Sent from my DNA... S-Off like a baws

I typed in fastboot devices and nothing came up. Just brought up the working directory again.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

I'm running windows 8 by the way and I've already rooted and S-OFFed my phone if that makes a difference. Also, I made sure to plug my phone in a USB 2.0 port.

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
I typed in fastboot devices and nothing came up. Just brought up the working directory again.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

I'm running windows 8 by the way and I've already rooted and S-OFFed my phone if that makes a difference. Also, I made sure to plug my phone in a USB 2.0 port.

If ur in fastboot and type devices, it wont find anything. As its not able to read it. Before u boot to fastboot, "adb devices" should spit out ur #

Edit......nm, fastboot devices should work. Adb when booted.
RATTLED FROM MY GLOBALIZED DROID DNA WITH TAPATALK 2

jasek78

Jul 28, 2010
FT Gordon
I ended up flashing it a bit differently, I made a PL83IMG.zip and did

Code:
 fastboot oem rebootRUU

then

Code:
 fastboot flash zip PL83IMG.zip

and it worked beautifully :good::laugh:

for some reason adb keeps freezing on waiting for device when ever i try to
Code:
 fastboot oem rebootRUU

im doing adb devices, it finds my phone, then i do adb reboot bootloader it reboots into bootloader and when i try to fastboot oem rebootRUU terminal goes to waiting for device and just sits there

jess086

Nov 23, 2010
seattle
for some reason adb keeps freezing on waiting for device when ever i try to
Code:
 fastboot oem rebootRUU

im doing adb devices, it finds my phone, then i do adb reboot bootloader it reboots into bootloader and when i try to fastboot oem rebootRUU terminal goes to waiting for device and just sits there

Unlock the screen on ur phone. Should go then

Reactions: jasek78

jasek78

Jul 28, 2010
FT Gordon
no luck, its still locking up
C:\Android\sdk\platform-tools>adb reboot bootloader

C:\Android\sdk\platform-tools> fastboot oem rebootRUU
< waiting for device >

sounds lame but could it be the wrong usb cable?
ferk me, not the wrong usb cable but when i moved the cable from the usb 3.0 to a standard usb slot it worked fine smh.

C:\Android\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash splash1 splash.img
sending 'splash1' (4050 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.621s]
writing 'splash1'...
OKAY [ 0.519s]
finished. total time: 1.146s

C:\Android\sdk\platform-tools>

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

thank you for the advice jess086

Last edited:

remag6383

Jan 16, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
quick question, I installed this the other day and then the modded eng hboot to get rid of the disclaimer, installed new splash img, question is if i flash back the original hboot will our splash img stick? if this was answered already I do apoligize. tia

18th.abn

Oct 27, 2011
South Carolina
Google Pixel 8 Pro
If you're using fastboot commands you need to be in your phones bootloader. If your using adb commands you need to be fully booted with USB debugging or in recovery.

So if your booted into android

adb reboot bootloader

Make sure phone says fastboot USB in red

fastboot oem rebootRUU

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mbwsutherland

Dec 5, 2012
alright well i screwed up and in the wipe menu in TWRP and hit the format data option.
not thinking and followed with system.
deleted every thing plus my only backup for twrp and the rom i was going to install.
no system on phone, completey empty lol

scince i have eng hboot,i should be able to fastboot flash update right. or no?

or adb sideload?

any ideas are appreciated....

denpth

Nov 9, 2011
alright well i screwed up and in the wipe menu in TWRP and hit the format data option.
not thinking and followed with system.
deleted every thing plus my only backup for twrp and the rom i was going to install.
no system on phone, completey empty lol

scince i have eng hboot,i should be able to fastboot flash update right. or no?

or adb sideload?

any ideas are appreciated....
you should fastboot flash recovery then use cwm to adb sideload a rom i dont think twrp supports this

mbwsutherland

Dec 5, 2012
you should fastboot flash recovery then use cwm to adb sideload a rom i dont think twrp supports this

I'm not to familiar with side loads as much as commands.

I was thinking i could run

fastboot flash update (viper1.1.0.zip) to install the rom

I will try a thread to read up on the procedure for side load

termin8tor22

May 12, 2011
Virginia
So let me get this straight. If i have eng hboot installed with custom splash screen, and i revert back to stock hboot, I will loose my splash or no? Sorry for re asking I'm just confused

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az

You can't flash a Rom zip that way, its meant for a different kind of zip file with partition images.

Oh forgot, you'll be better off just adb pushing a Rom zip in recovery and flashing it or sideload flashing it.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA

Reactions: zounduser

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com

Yeah, just do an
Code:
adb push /pathway/to/your/rom.zip /sdcard/chooseyourfolder/rom.zip

as an example if I have my rom.zip in my development folder in my C:\User\Ryan\Development\rom.zip if i wanted to put my rom.zip in my Download folder on my sdcard it would look like this

First what I like to do is change to that direcroty right at the start
Code:
cd C:\User\Ryan\Development
Then I execute the adb push command
Code:
C:\Users\Ryan\Development> [B]adb push rom.zip[/B] [I]/sdcard/Download/[/I][U]rom.zip[/U]
Now I pushed my rom.zip file to the sdcard in the Download folder and named it rom.zip

And everything is Case Sensitive and Space Sensitive

Last edited:
Reactions: keith843

android4temo

Mar 22, 2011
I have a few questions:

I have flashed my custom Splash Screen and have no more tiny red writing when I reboot.

Question 1:
If I flash back to the stock HBOOT, will I lose my custom Splash Screen with no red writing?

Question 2:
If I do flash back to Stock HBOOT, which one do I flash? I have two files, a 1.15 and a 2.04. If it helps, I never did the official OTA.

Question 3:
When I change ROMs or do a ROM update that requires me to do a full wipe, will I always have to reflash my custom Splash Screen? And I assume that if I have flashed back to stock HBOOT, I likely would not be able to flash that custom Splash Screen right?

OK, that's all for now.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Rooted and Viper ROM'ed, Droid DNA!

Top Liked Posts