[WAD2] Windows7 Theme (Preview Release beta 0.2)

Search This thread

wez89

Nov 24, 2008
Manchester
This is a preview of the WAD2 theme im working on called Windows7

-------------------------------------------------

Updated With beta files
PLEASE dont reply with this is incomplete or do this do that, the theme is not fully finished!

Enjoy it at your own will.

Common problems: Start menu items may need to be remapped (i made apps for my purpose, follow the procedure to make your own)
Lock device window shows for a few seconds when unlocking the device but dissappears after a few seconds.

This is not fully functioning nor is it usable for everyday use.

Copy Windows7 to Wisbar Directory and Windows_7 to root of 'Internal Storage'

My friend Bornotty has also been making a Windows 7 theme for QVGA, VGA and WQVGA
Head over to his thread at Lakeridge to see his preview.

please show him your support.

I wish him all the best!

The theme is going to function and look exactly like the Windows7 OS

VGA devices only

Previews​

n6olki.png
b7dpo9.png

kbbnh5.png
6gbhwx.png

Mirrors
Windows7 Beta 0.2 - Megaupload

Last edited:

karan999

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2008
cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait for it.........

i hope it comes out wid vga/qvga/wvga.........

i request development for all. :)

MarkRain

Jan 8, 2009
Man...i know my post will be useless...but if you'll release also a sqvga version...
...i'll marry you!! :D

One of the best themes i've ever seen!!

MisterSosa

Feb 13, 2007
Brussels
really nice work! looks very clean

only problem with this is that WAD is a rather old software and (to me) can't compete with the new UIs anymore that are currently around (spb3, SHBT MyHome, titanium, Touchflo, Iphone clones ...) It is such a hassle to customize someone else his theme on your device even with the theme import function. And it is not freeware...

And this looks really nice but I don't think it is that user friendly.

But don't get me wrong, I like what you have done with it, it's just not for me ;)

keep up the good work

wez89

Nov 24, 2008
Manchester
Thank you for the replies every one, much appreciated.

Sorry i didnt specify the resolution, will update first post now.

To clerify, this is for VGA devices only, although i may get a WQVGA if a friend is willing to convert, but no promises.

wez89

Nov 24, 2008
Manchester
really nice work! looks very clean

only problem with this is that WAD is a rather old software and (to me) can't compete with the new UIs anymore that are currently around (spb3, SHBT MyHome, titanium, Touchflo, Iphone clones ...) It is such a hassle to customize someone else his theme on your device even with the theme import function. And it is not freeware...

And this looks really nice but I don't think it is that user friendly.

But don't get me wrong, I like what you have done with it, it's just not for me ;)

keep up the good work

Thank you for you reply, WAD2 is completly customizable to your need. ok its not like touch flo or titanium but those were done by proper developers such as HTC and microsoft. WAD2 is maybe alittle old yes but updates are being brought out to improve funcionality and update user needs

MisterSosa

Feb 13, 2007
Brussels
I know, I have used WAD for quite a while, because I could cover up the ugly windows shell. but now WAD does not compete anymore with the scrolling in windows 6.5, the look and feel of 6.5, and the panels being created by people here.

But as I said that is just my opinion, I am pretty sure a lot of people will be really happy and will have a lot of fun with your wad theme ;)

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
Thank you for the replies every one, much appreciated.

Sorry i didnt specify the resolution, will update first post now.

To clerify, this is for VGA devices only, although i may get a WQVGA if a friend is willing to convert, but no promises.

I just died a little inside :( Hopefully we get lucky and someone ports to QVGA.

wez89

Nov 24, 2008
Manchester
I know, I have used WAD for quite a while, because I could cover up the ugly windows shell. but now WAD does not compete anymore with the scrolling in windows 6.5, the look and feel of 6.5, and the panels being created by people here.

But as I said that is just my opinion, I am pretty sure a lot of people will be really happy and will have a lot of fun with your wad theme ;)

Yeah i know what you mean, i guess its all about taste. i go through phases were i like titanium, then hate it, i like touch flo then i hate that etc