The OnePlus 6 is officially on sale! Buy now →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

[ROM] [4.2.2] [ No-name CM10.1 nightlies ] [ Standard & Linaro ] [TF101 / TF101G]

2,243 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,448

By josteink, Senior Member on 21st February 2013, 02:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd February 2013, 04:43 PM |#41  
Flag Irvington
Thanks Meter: 23

More
/storage/emulated/0

It seems to be full of my old stuff...although i did a full wipe.

EDIT: It's a 4.3 GB file on my tab
The Following User Says Thank You to dbuckham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dbuckham Ad-Free

22nd February 2013, 04:51 PM |#42  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
Re: [ROM] [4.2.2] No-name CM10.1 nightlies - Standard & Linaro
That is your sd card.

That never gets wiped unless you wipe internal storage. You probably don't want to do that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to josteink For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josteink Ad-Free
22nd February 2013, 04:51 PM |#43  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
And nandroid doesn't back that up. And you don't need to either

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to josteink For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josteink Ad-Free
22nd February 2013, 05:05 PM |#44  
Flag Irvington

More
If you don't mind could you explain something for me then...I have

Using Total Commander as my file explore, I go to the "home/root" screen this is what I see

SD-Card Total Commander shows the path as /storage/emulated/0
and
SD-Card (2) Total Commander shows the path as /storage/sdcard1 (when I initially downloaded my ROMS and stuff, I put them on the physical SD card...this is where they are appearing.

If I go into /storage these are the folders I see

emulated
sdcard0
sdcard1
sdcard2
usbdisk0
usbdisk1

Is it just me or does this seem unnecessarily messy? I'm not sure if this is a DEV issue or not, but thanks for your help! It seems to be a stable 4.2.2 ROM thus far.
22nd February 2013, 05:58 PM |#45  
East Coast
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Josteink, thanks for all your comments, I'm back in.
Last nights build seems to have fixed some process errors for me.

It seems quicker and smoother.

I moved all my files out of legacy, so there's no easy way back now.

Thanks for all your work.

Sent from my Transformer
22nd February 2013, 06:11 PM |#46  
Flag Bournemouth
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Talking
Currently running non-linaro, 20130221 nightly with TWRP recovery and standard GAPPS.

All running really well.

HDMI is working, (not sure if this has been checked before).

GPS works with extra file, (gps.conf). Only get up to 6 sats in view and tracked and takes 2-3 minutes to lock, even with AGPS, but does work.

In built FatKat kernel seems to working well.
The Following User Says Thank You to davebuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davebuk Ad-Free
22nd February 2013, 06:46 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 692

More
[ROM] [4.2.2] No-name CM10.1 nightlies - Standard & Linaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckham

If you don't mind could you explain something for me then...I have

Using Total Commander as my file explore, I go to the "home/root" screen this is what I see

SD-Card Total Commander shows the path as /storage/emulated/0
and
SD-Card (2) Total Commander shows the path as /storage/sdcard1 (when I initially downloaded my ROMS and stuff, I put them on the physical SD card...this is where they are appearing.

If I go into /storage these are the folders I see

emulated
sdcard0
sdcard1
sdcard2
usbdisk0
usbdisk1

Is it just me or does this seem unnecessarily messy? I'm not sure if this is a DEV issue or not, but thanks for your help! It seems to be a stable 4.2.2 ROM thus far.

Ok, so here is a rundown:
sdcard1 is the microSD
sdcard2 is the dock SD
usbdisk0&1 are the two USB ports.

sdcard0 is the internal storage for the current user (also /sdcard/)

/storage/emulated/0/ is the primary user (only SuperUser). This is mounted as /sdcard/ and /storage/sdcard0/ when logged in.

If you add users, the second user has data stored at /storage/emulated/10/. When they are logged on, this folder is mounted at /sdcard/ and also /storage/sdcard0/

Additional users will be added in the following order in the /storage/emulated/ directory:
1st user - 0
2nd user - 10
3rd user - 11
4th user - 12
5th user - 13
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to frederuco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frederuco Ad-Free
22nd February 2013, 06:52 PM |#48  
Flag Irvington

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frederuco

Ok, so here is a rundown:
sdcard1 is the microSD
sdcard2 is the dock SD
usbdisk0&1 are the two USB ports.

sdcard0 is the internal storage for the current user (also /sdcard/)

/storage/emulated/0/ is the primary user (only SuperUser). This is mounted as /sdcard/ and /storage/sdcard0/ when logged in.

If you add users, the second user has data stored at /storage/emulated/10/. When they are logged on, this folder is mounted at /sdcard/ and also /storage/sdcard0/

You sir are a scholar and a saint! Thanks much!
The Following User Says Thank You to dbuckham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dbuckham Ad-Free
22nd February 2013, 07:41 PM |#49  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 186

More
definitely will try this rom!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 08:58 AM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 672

More
Thanks for the effort to build this ROM, it's much appreciated!

I'm on the latest Linaro build on a 32GB TF101, with the recommended gapps from timduru and the latest, recommended Kat Kernel. Data and all caches wiped before install, dalvik cache wiped again after install jic.

A little feedback, not to be taken as criticism. I'm sure much of this is to be expected:

* Like others, I am not a fan of the phablet interface. The centered buttons in the system bar, in particular. That and the fact I can't disable the dock on the Home page.

* Google Now doesn't work for me. It comes up and lets me see the tips on first run, but I get an insta-crash (no error message) when it gets to showing my cards. Subsequent attempts to start crash it immediately. I've tried removing and reinstalling the Google Search updates, and Now works fine on the same Google account with my phone. Also tried changing to Hacker Keyboard as I saw that suggested for a similar problem on another rom, but again made no difference.

* The web browser crashed already (no error message) after looking at only a dozen or so pages, and I wasn't even on a very complex page. (Think it was just a Google search, if I recall correctly.)

* Some of the dock keyboard top-row buttons work, but many don't. That's a shame, especially for the touchpad button, which means I can't disable the touchpad.

* Audio is very, very quiet on speakers, even when maxxed out. This can be fixed with KAT Android Toolbox.

* Occasionally in Settings the tablet will go into portrait mode at random, and stay that way until I leave Settings.

* I get a repeatable crash in Settings if I go into Systems :: Quick Settings Panel and then hit the back button. Happens every time.

* I get a repeatable crash in the camera app if I tap the PhotoSphere icon. (It reports a problem with Gallery, then closes.) Happens every time.

* The dock battery isn't recognized and so you can't see its battery level without a third-party app / widget.

* To unmount the SD or MicroSD cards safely, you have to go to Settings :: Storage. There's no undock prompt in notifications.

Overall though, it's very promising and extremely fast. Plenty I haven't tried, but a lot of what I've tested seems to work pretty well. I may give the non-Linaro build a try, although the phablet interface may send me back to 4.1 for now.

Thanks again!

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to knoxploration For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift knoxploration Ad-Free
23rd February 2013, 11:29 AM |#51  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 268

More
Hello, the notifiation for "safe removal" should be optional.

Regards
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2, cm10.1, jellybean, tf101, tf101g

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)