[ROM][Team WHOMP!] Whompasaurus Rom V1.0 -Feel the ROAR!!! [ALL4] 2/20/13

Search This thread

kalkat579

Mar 2, 2012
I am most definitely on a VZW Note 2.

I did a factory reset in twrp which wipes data and caches, and I have not restored anything, with any backup/restore app.

I would be interested to know some technical info on why doing such a wipe in twrp is less effective then this superwipe you mentioned.

Thanks for the rom guys, it is really snappy!

I wouldn't say it's more effective but I have had issues sometimes with twrp not getting rid of everything had issues with it leaving small bits of stuff here and there and I will look into you issues tonight when I can get a hold of cinci

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

modestone

Apr 30, 2011
Is anyone using the 5x6 TW launcher, AND getting transparent status bar working correctly?"

A couple other random thoughts;

IMHO "Viewdini" should be removed, as it is pretty much bloatware.
The verizon apps should be more select-able, rather then all or none.
Someone should seriously make a note on the OP that the boot animation will not loop, and your phone will appear unresponsive for a while, I can see someone pulling their battery out during that initial boot thinking the phone had locked up.

I am wiping and flashing again with regular TW to see if anything changes with the transparent top bar.

EDIT---

No difference, still no transparency on status bar.

I am kinda grabbing at straws here, but I am also aligning my clock to the right, not center fyi.

Last edited:

modestone

Apr 30, 2011
As an additional note, I have had the aroma installer lock up hard 3 or 4 times out of the 10 or so times I have flashed this rom.

It always happens when you try to hit next after the flash has completed.

Have to pluck out the battery to get it to reboot, and it boots straight into TWRP after that.

I have not had that happen before, but I have only used aroma installers a handful of times.

Maybe just a coincidence, but i figured I would share my findings.

evolishesh

Oct 10, 2010
Loving the rom!

Last edited:

djsbad

May 9, 2012
As an additional note, I have had the aroma installer lock up hard 3 or 4 times out of the 10 or so times I have flashed this rom.

It always happens when you try to hit next after the flash has completed.

Have to pluck out the battery to get it to reboot, and it boots straight into TWRP after that.

I have not had that happen before, but I have only used aroma installers a handful of times.

Maybe just a coincidence, but i figured I would share my findings.

I had the same issue, but only once and I'm pretty sure I mentioned it. Good to see I'm not the only one. It brings it to the attention of these devs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Tried it....no translucency on status bar or notifications..... and the status bar is the stock greyish color.....ughhhhh

Toggles were stock color as well..

I tried a few diff installs, itll be good when it works..

It is less than 24 hours out of beta. Give these guys a chance before you puke in their face. First, they did this rom blind from scratch. Second, they only got the vzw note 2 less than 24 hours ago. Third, everything you mentioned is something that has no effect on the efficiency of this rom. As horesrequiem had mentioned, you act as if your entitled to some kind of special treatment from these devs, when in reality your just some spoiled waste of sperm that needs ***** slapped like a 14 year old red headed step child throwing a hissy fit because mommy didn't put enough sugar in your cookie.

As you can see from my last statement, there is an etiquette way to address something without being offensive to the person(s) that are giving you something special out of the kindness of their heart while utilizing a dedicated and numerous amount of hours while asking nothing in return. It would be more appropriate and appreciated by everyone if you could just post what find without adding your immature and ridiculously self-overvalued sense of disgust into it.

Now that I have finished my little rant, I would like to say that the boot animation also did not loop for me as well, but just relating to my extensive flashing experience, I pretty much knew what was going on and didn't give it another thought. As for my taskbar and toggles, everything is as I had selected in aroma, including the colors.

On a side note, my clock is centered and I have my transparency disabled. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

Whompasauras is now my daily and I look forward to seeing what these developers bring us in future releases! As I said before guys, awesome rom! KUDOS!

Last edited:

kalkat579

Mar 2, 2012
Whompasauras is now my daily and I look forward to see what these developers bring us in future releases! As I said before guys, awesome rom! KUDOS!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app[/QUOTE]

Thanks for understanding the hard work put into this and I'm glad it's working for you I'm hoping Cincinnati get to keep the vzw note 2 longer then he is expecting him not being able to see it hurts the process as all he has to go buy it what I can tell him after he builds and I flash many many night and hours went into producing what we have here it will take time but it will keep getting better you guys just want and for anybody having issues just make sure you post them as respectful as possible we will a dress them along the way I may not be one of the two developers but I take pride in all the testing I've put in behind the scenes to bring this to you guys

Sent from my Whomped out Note 2

djsbad

May 9, 2012
Whompasauras is now my daily and I look forward to see what these developers bring us in future releases! As I said before guys, awesome rom! KUDOS!

Thanks for understanding the hard work put into this and I'm glad it's working for you I'm hoping Cincinnati get to keep the vzw note 2 longer then he is expecting him not being able to see it hurts the process as all he has to go buy it what I can tell him after he builds and I flash many many night and hours went into producing what we have here it will take time but it will keep getting better you guys just want and for anybody having issues just make sure you post them as respectful as possible we will a dress them along the way I may not be one of the two developers but I take pride in all the testing I've put in behind the scenes to bring this to you guys

Sent from my Whomped out Note 2[/QUOTE]

And we sir, thank YOU for all of YOUR efforts as well! Your testing feedback is what has been critical to these devs producing a very fine and quality rom in whompasauras. Your efforts have not gone unseen. I'm sure the devs have relied heavily on your feedback. While they provide one side of the spectrum, you sir have completed the other side. Thanks to you and the devs, all of us can profit.

Reactions: hopesrequiem

cincyelite22

Jul 30, 2011
Cincinnati

Sent from my Whomped out Note 2

And we sir, thank YOU for all of YOUR efforts as well! Your testing feedback is what has been critical to these devs producing a very fine and quality rom in whompasauras. Your efforts have not gone unseen. I'm sure the devs have relied heavily on your feedback. While they provide one side of the spectrum, you sir have completed the other side. Thanks to you and the devs, all of us can profit.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app[/QUOTE]

This right here! We spent a lot of time on team viewer of hin letting me adb push stuff to the phone and him letting me know how it worked. I might have a chance to fix up some stuff today as evo is looking into the sprint rom today. Im glad a lot of you are like it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

djsbad

May 9, 2012

This right here! We spent a lot of time on team viewer of hin letting me adb push stuff to the phone and him letting me know how it worked. I might have a chance to fix up some stuff today as evo is looking into the sprint rom today. Im glad a lot of you are like it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app[/QUOTE]

Sorry bud. I don't like it. I LOVE it!

Just sayin lol.

dawiseguy77

Dec 11, 2010
I flashed this rom but i didn't see visual voice mail in the install options for vzw apps, so I'm wondering if it can be added i use it exclusively for voice mail cause it works great. Other than that rom seemed great for the short time i used it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

modestone

Apr 30, 2011
Hey developers, what are the odds of adding the 4x5 TW option that is in JellyBeans, or somehow enable all widget resizing?

I like the 5x6 better, but many of the widgets don't allow adjustments, I don't know if thats a 5x6 thing, or a tweak in TW itself.

It seems like some of the default widgets on the 5x6 are by default a larger size, and cannot be resized down.

So the net effect is more space on desktop for icons and stuff, but alot of the TW widgets are actually larger themselves and cannot be resized.

I don't know if this makes sense or not lol...

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Drachnem

Dec 14, 2010
Boston
Good options...needs a little work

This rom looks like it will be great some day, but right now there are too many issues for me to use this.

1. Status bar won't go transparent and is an unappealing grey
2. Icons are all cartoon like, similar to stock. Some may like this but I prefer a more stock JB look
3. Does not install all the apps I selected
4. Random reboots, tried it a few hours on each kernal
5. No option to use physical buttons when using on screen nav buttons
6. Pop-up browser title bar does not have transparency as pictured, and when rolled up to just the bar half is transparent half is not
7. It took me 3 attempts for the install not to crash mid setup

Just some notes and things to look into. I fully understand this is a first shot at the rom and I have faith that you will fix these issues and be rocking out.

Please note I am not a nooblet and do know how to flash. All attempts were done with all data and davlik wiped. Also after installing this rom I was not able to restore my old rom...not sure if it was because of this rom or CWR was not playing nice.

I look foward to future releases of this rom, keep on keeping on.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Thread cleaned
There will be no profanity or disrespect on my forums
Please read the rules, they are simple and easy to follow
Please when posting bugs do not sound disgusted (with an ughhh) or entitled
Simply list what was expected and what actually happened and the methods tried
We try to encourage development here not discourage which is what happens with flame wars
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

dooley19

Jun 25, 2010
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
I been running this Rom for about a day in a half. I have to say I love it. It has so many options to choose from . I love the different colors for notifications and I love the corrective text on the stock Samsung keyboard. I have not had any issues with this Rom. Keep up the good work and thanks for your time and dedication.

Sent from my Galaxy Note ll

Reactions: djsbad

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
I just don't know why people have to come at the OP with issues that can be fix in future releases, if you don't like the Rom, than try another Rom! but don't bash the the developer! Or develop your own Rom!

Agreed on so many levels. You're rom has been incredible guys

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: djsbad

cincyelite22

Jul 30, 2011
Cincinnati
I do admit some apology for the bugs that have been seen. I had access to the note on verizon for a night but really wanted to use that time to knock out the major beta bugs. I payed a coworker to give me his phone for the night so I could tighten it up. All the current bugs will get fixed and I apologize again for the stuff I missed. Thanks for all the feedback guys!!!

djsbad

May 9, 2012
I do admit some apology for the bugs that have been seen. I had access to the note on verizon for a night but really wanted to use that time to knock out the major beta bugs. I payed a coworker to give me his phone for the night so I could tighten it up. All the current bugs will get fixed and I apologize again for the stuff I missed. Thanks for all the feedback guys!!!

We're not worried bro. We're not going anywhere, except maybe walmart. Quite honestly, I haven't even noticed any bugs...

Except them skeeters outside... :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwhomp.jpg

presents_zps5069f28b.jpg

WhompasaurusRom_zps3c005903.jpg

whomp.jpg

An ultra smooth, rock stable, and tweaked out stock rom! Offering great battery life, endless options, and putting the installation of the rom in the control of the user. Team Whomp is dedicated toward improving this rom and listening to the users to make it greater.

theteam_zps88686065.jpg

EvolutionCSR: Developer
    Cincyelite22: Developer

romfeatures_zps66bdfec6.jpg

Code:
    [center]
    [SIZE="3"][I]
    [u][B][COLOR="blue"]Aroma Installer:[/COLOR][/B][/u][/center]
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Installation Options:[/COLOR][/B]Full Install, Mod and Theme Install
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Touchwiz Launchers:[/COLOR][/B]TW 4x4, TW5x6, Rotating TW4x4, Rotating TW 5x6
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Optional Launchers:[/COLOR][/B]Nova, Apex, Android 4.2 Launcher
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Status Bar Transparency:[/COLOR][/B]No Transparency, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Notification Pull Down Transparency:[/COLOR][/B]No Transparency, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Quick Toggle Colors:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Baby Blue, Blue, Green, Magenta, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Drop Down Bar Colors:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Baby Blue, Blue, Green, Magenta, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Battery Mods:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Blue Circle, Circles, Digital Numbers, Green Circle, ICS Circle, Meter, Red, Stars, Stock W/ Percent
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Center Clock:[/COLOR][/B] Align Clock Center, Align Clock Right
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Optional Mods:[/COLOR][/B] Call Recording, Resizable Popup Browser, Ad Block, Increased Volume Levels, Auto Correct for Samsung Keyboard, On Screen Navigation Keys
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Google:[/COLOR][/B] Play Store, Maps, Street, Google Now & Search, GMail, GTalk, Youtube, Play Music, Play Books, Play Magazines
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Samsung:[/COLOR][/B] All Share, Groupcast, Kies, Media Hub, Music Hub, Mobile Print, Samsung Apps, Pen Apps, S Suggest, S Voice, S Cloud
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Miscellaneous:[/COLOR][/B] Accuweather Apps, Adobe Flash, Amazon Apps, Dropbox, NFL Mobile, Polaris Office, VPN Client, Yahoo Apps, Flipboard, Live Wallpapers,Verizon Apps, Swype
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Jelly Bean Apps:[/COLOR][/B] Jelly Bean Keyboard, Jelly Bean Camera, Jelly Bean Desckclock
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Social Media:[/COLOR][/B] XDA, Twitter, Facebook, Google +
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-File Managers:[/COLOR][/B] ES File Explorer, Stock Samsung File Explorer
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Kernels:[/COLOR][/B] Stock Kernel, Perseus Kernel V32.1, Saber Kernel V13.4
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Boot Animation:[/COLOR][/B] Fossil Animation, Whomp on Fire Animation
    [b][center]
    [COLOR="navy"]
    -4in1 Reboot
    -5x6 TouchWiz Launcher W/ Scrolling Wallpaper
    -8 Color Options for Quick Toggles and Drop Down Bar
    -23 Quick Settings Toggles Mod
    -Awesome Beats Audio Mod
    -Ad Block
    -Android 4.2 Launcher, GMail, Keyboard, Camera, & Desk Clock
    -AOSP Lockscreen Option
    -AROMA Installer
    -Battery Tweaks
    -Black Status Bar
    -Build.prop Tweaks
    -Busy Box Support
    -Call Record Mod
    -Camera in Call enabled
    -Camera enabled with low battery
    -Camera Shutter Sound Option
    -Center Clock Mod
    -Contacts Tweaks
    -Custom Boot Animation
    -Debloated!
    -Disabled Full Charge Notification
    -Increased Call and Speaker Volume
    -MultiWindow w/ All apps enabled and 50% opacity
    -Multiple Kernel Selections
    -Network Tweaks
    -Notification LED Customization
    -On Screen Navigation Buttons
    -Percent Battery Mods
    -Perseus Kernel
    -Retheme and Remod Option in AROMA
    -Resizable Popup Browser
    -Rotating TouchWiz Launchers
    -Samsung Auto Correct Keyboard
    -SMS Tweaks
    -Stability
    -Stock Look
    -Stock Fonts
    -SuperUser
    -Transparent Pull Down
    -Transparent Status Bars
    -Volume Buttons as Shutter
    -Volume Skip Track enabled
    -Wallpaper Scrolling
    -Whompasaurus Built in Settings
    -Whompasaurs Wallpapers
    -Wifi Tether Mod[/COLOR][/center]
    [/I][/B][/SIZE]

screenshots_zps43b1a636.jpg

permission_zps9f5a4ab5.jpg

If anyone would like to use the work of Team WHOMP! all we ask is that you give us the credit due :)
    Thread cleaned
    There will be no profanity or disrespect on my forums
    Please read the rules, they are simple and easy to follow
    Please when posting bugs do not sound disgusted (with an ughhh) or entitled
    Simply list what was expected and what actually happened and the methods tried
    We try to encourage development here not discourage which is what happens with flame wars
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    Re: [ROM][Team WHOMP!] Whompasaurus Rom BETA R2 [ALL4] 2/19/13

How about you changing the text color in the OP from blue to a color that's readable?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
    I agree 100 percent, I have a hard time reading the blue on the phone and not just in this app either. The cnet app uses a lot of blue and I can barely read it.

Goodness gracias!! Really??? This is how we greet two new developers BLINDLY building?

Go kick rocks... You should be kicked out of android. Change your damn background color.

/rant

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Got my hands on a note II on Verizon till tomorrow. Now that I can see what i've done ill fix a few bugs and we will put this out on official release. That includes a working boot ani. :) Messaging app is missing in beta r2 and status bar is still grey. Those will be fixed. If there is anything anyone else noticed let me know.

Thanks guys.