Looks like 4.2.1 could be in the S3 future. Check it out

Search This thread

sputnik767

Dec 28, 2010
An international future, still waiting on premium suite :p

Isn't the international version significantly different from ours? As in a quad-core CPU? It's possible that we may not even get the premium suite just based on the hardware differences? So far, I think the international version S3 shares more in common with the Galaxy Note 2.

xblackvalorx

Oct 27, 2011
Isn't the international version significantly different from ours? As in a quad-core CPU? It's possible that we may not even get the premium suite just based on the hardware differences? So far, I think the international version S3 shares more in common with the Galaxy Note 2.

We have two gigabytes of ram. Which all in all is more necessary for running two apps than a quad core in most cases

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

bonebeatz1234

Feb 5, 2010
rockford,il
Just use the chemistry rom ,works just as good as stock ROM with the premium suite upgrades everything works fine. why wait for sprint when this version I's better than stock anyways it's a no brainer.
This phone is getting no updates in the States it had a good run but the gs4 is around the corner. Depends on what that phone specs are I might get a note2 since the price will drop unless there's something mind blowing with the new gs4. I love this phone but it's becoming old as far as technology and it's not the flagship phone anymore for sprint so they are in no rush to send a update if any.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium App

Nut_House

Feb 21, 2013
I'll be surprised if the carriers release 4.2.1 in the states. Hopefully, Samsung still goes ahead and develops it for the US phones and we can get some custom ROMs built once it leaks.

Last edited:

Spiritual Muffins

Oct 10, 2012
At this point, I highly doubt we'll get an official 4.2 OTA update. I would've flashed a AOSP ROM if i didn't end up losing all the features that makes it different from other phones.

G

GuestK00145

we've gotten every other update so why not 4.2, Samsung should get more credit when it comes to updating its phones.

Infected AOSP

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
I think he means all the motions and such. S-beam is also significantly better than android beam in my opinion.

Well the only motion thing I ever used was the feature of being in a text message and putting the phone to your ear and it will automatically call that person, and the Liquid Smooth has that feature, so I'm fine with it :)

Spiritual Muffins

Oct 10, 2012
Well the only motion thing I ever used was the feature of being in a text message and putting the phone to your ear and it will automatically call that person, and the Liquid Smooth has that feature, so I'm fine with it :)

I may end up switching to an aosp rom, but i like the camera on touchwiz better and if i can find apps that emulate touchwiz features (the ones i want are direct call, smart stay, smart rotation, and being able to view notifications in full screen apps)

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
I may end up switching to an aosp rom, but i like the camera on touchwiz better and if i can find apps that emulate touchwiz features (the ones i want are direct call, smart stay, smart rotation, and being able to view notifications in full screen apps)

I'm currently searching for the Note 2 Camera/Gallery only bc I really love the view in the gallery of the Note 2. Everything else is buttery smooth though. Like I said I have direct call (that's the feature I was talking about, the name of it slipped my mind), and smart stay is just a gimmick IMO. I do however feel ya on being able to view notifications in full screen apps, I miss that shiz.... but not enough to keep me away from the smoothness of Liquid Smooth lol.

Spiritual Muffins

Oct 10, 2012
I'm currently searching for the Note 2 Camera/Gallery only bc I really love the view in the gallery of the Note 2. Everything else is buttery smooth though. Like I said I have direct call (that's the feature I was talking about, the name of it slipped my mind), and smart stay is just a gimmick IMO. I do however feel ya on being able to view notifications in full screen apps, I miss that shiz.... but not enough to keep me away from the smoothness of Liquid Smooth lol.

I kinda agree that smart stay is kinda gimmicky. Half the time it doesn't work even when im in a well lit area. And if Direct Call is in the ROM i may check it out. How's the battery life though?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At this point I believe touchwiz is better on the GS3. So many more functions and more stability. Okus better battery life for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I once hated touchwiz but i prefer touchwiz now, vanilla android is boring it lacks innovations that factory skins have. I'm not saying all the feature are great but damn atleast they attempted something different with the possibilities of finding something useful the end user could use.
    I tried the aosp ROMs but they give me the feeling of owning pro tools with no plug ins. I bought the phone for the extra stuff it could do it almost defeat the purpose of owning it, to put those ROMs on there but to reach its own.
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium App
    I'll be surprised if the carriers release 4.2.1 in the states. Hopefully, Samsung still goes ahead and develops it for the US phones and we can get some custom ROMs built once it leaks.

Samsung has ALWAYS updated the U.S. phones to the same version as the international version. They just come a little later. Also, the phone will most likely get updated to Key Lime Pie. The Galaxy SII is still getting updated to jelly bean 4.1 and that started with gingerbread.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III