Originally Posted by jkpdon
how do u like cleanrom? is it any better than stock rom? any performace imporvement. i only looking for battery perfomace. please feedback if theres any significant battery improvement.
I haven't been using it long enough to judge battery life but the comments I saw from others were positive about battery life.
But so far I like it. I first thought it would be an easier way to get tethering on AT&T since I couldn't get the mod here to work.
But it has some nifty features beyond that:
- Aroma Installer Options:
- System Mods: Lidroid / Wanam 23 toggle Mod, MultiWindow Control Mod
- Boot Animation Support: Yes or No
- Launchers: Stock TouchWiz, Touchwiz 5x4 layout, TouchWiz 5x6 Layout, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher
- AT&T and Samsung Apps: MyAT&T, AT&T Visual Voicemail, AT&T Messages, Kies, Samsung Photo Editor, Paper Artist, Polaris Office
- App Stores:Google Play, Amazon App Store
- File Manager: ES File Explorer or Stock File Manager
- Google Apps: Gmail, Maps, Streetview for Maps, Talk, YouTube, Play Music, Gogle Now and Voice Search, Voice,
- Misc Apps: Ad Blocking HOST file, Drop Box, Terminal Emulator, Polaris Office 4, Adobe Flash
- Based on AT&T 'K7' OTA
- Multi Window Control Mod to add or remove any app you want!
- Lidroid / Wanam 23 Toggle Mod
- WiFi Tether Unlocked!
- Boot animation can be changed See post #2!
- Unsecure boot image with init.d support!
- Zip Align at Boot!
- Performance and Stability that is nothing short of Legendary!
- Extended Power Menu!
I am going to try CleanROM Ace in a few minutes, once my nandroid backup is finished. I think that is about the same but adds the ability to adjust the auto brightness function (whereas mine now works only one way).