FORUMS

[ROM][Huawei U8185] CyanogenMod 9 (Developer Preview 1)

1,121 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,000

By aorth, Senior Member on 23rd February 2013, 12:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hear ye, hear ye! Here's a developer preview of CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei U8185. While most things are working quite well, there are still many bugs and it's not ready to be a daily driver. This is a developer preview only!

Do not flash this unless you know how to backup your data and especially unless you know how to get back to stock. If you don't already know how to do this, you might want to familiarize yourself with the process now, while the ROM can make it to a more "daily driver" state. I don't have time to help n00bs unbrick their devices. No offense!

Known issues:
  • Wi-Fi doesn't work (someone needs to port the ath6kl driver from mainline Linux or compat-wireless)
  • Bluetooth doesn't work (haven't looked at it)
  • Audio in phone calls -- the other person can't hear you (dunno, audio_policy maybe)
  • Camera doesn't work
  • The device has low memory (256), there's not much we can do about background apps crashing

Download
ROM (February 21, 2013): goo.im (md5: f4f0012cab6a36843f58dab445542023)
ClockworkMod Recovery (6.0.1.2): goo.im (md5: ef6b56fb417de13952936e0c18b89014)
Google Apps: goo.im (md5: 5abf39c45b84e0b01231e1a786882e1a)

Flash
Flash from ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.1.x (guide to CWM installation here). Make sure to wipe data/factory reset when coming from the Huawei stock ROM. No whining if it eats your homework. Please do a backup of the Huawei stock ROM, as there is no way to restore from Huawei UPDATE.APPs like on earlier devices (though there is a slimmed-down zip ROM here).

Sources
May the source be with you:
Credits
  • Dazzozo -- did a lot of work on the Huawei 8815 (G300, a very close cousin to the U8185) that we benefit from; kernel, device tree, upstream CM stuff for Qualcomm devices, and especially porting Huawei's Gingerbread RIL
  • goo-inside.me -- hosting
  • CyanogenMod community in general

Donate
I do this for fun (I have a day job that pays me). If you're able to donate, donate to one of the following organizations, without whom none of this would be possible:
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to aorth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aorth Ad-Free
23rd February 2013, 12:11 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nairobi, Kenya
Thanks Meter: 2,000

More
Screenshots and change log
Change log

DP1 (February 23, 2013)
  • Initial public release
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aorth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aorth Ad-Free
1st April 2013, 08:34 AM |#3  
Flag Franklin
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Thats great news you are still making progress with this rom, i sneeked a look at your github and saw a branch for CM10.1.
Unfortunately i have moved up to the u8815 as my two thumbs more or less cover the screen on the u8185.
question: does the gpu have its own ram or does it share with the os?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, huawei, u8185

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)