HTC one si 2gb ram DDR3 not DDR2

Search This thread

Maedhros

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
Man...

This is the one thing HTC is notorious for. They always have 1 inferior feature on this devices.

All the way from their WM days to even their android days. Very unfortunate.

Maedhros

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
Is it really going to cause many issues though? Most likely not.

Nothing is 'perfect' :)

Of course not, but if you have been using an HTC device since their WM days, you just cannot help but be frustrated.

If you find me a single HTC device that didn't have 1 flaw I will be amazed. When I say flaw, I don't mean crappier screen, or crap speaker quality. I mean:

1. No LED flash (when previous model had it)
2. No LED indicator (when previous model had it)
3. 512 MB less ram then competition (or 1gb less in the case of the One X)

I could go on and on... none of these have been deal breaking, but they are not so insignificant that we can easily ignore it. After all these generations of devices, I cannot help but agree with some people who say that HTC does this on purpose.

Funny thing is... I have made this complaint on the forum for every device they have released since the DHD. They were notorious for this during the WM days, then they improved. But as soon as the Sensation came out... it was another lackluster device.

Then the One X with 1 GB of ram?!?

Now the HTC One with DDR2 instead of DD3.

I'll reiterate: This isn't necessarily a deal breaker for me, but it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially because I know HTC is better then this.

kalo88

Nov 21, 2012
Of course not, but if you have been using an HTC device since their WM days, you just cannot help but be frustrated.

If you find me a single HTC device that didn't have 1 flaw I will be amazed. When I say flaw, I don't mean crappier screen, or crap speaker quality. I mean:

I could go on and on... none of these have been deal breaking, but they are not so insignificant that we can easily ignore it. After all these generations of devices, I cannot help but agree with some people who say that HTC does this on purpose.

Funny thing is... I have made this complaint on the forum for every device they have released since the DHD. They were notorious for this during the WM days, then they improved. But as soon as the Sensation came out... it was another lackluster device.

I'll reiterate: This isn't necessarily a deal breaker for me, but it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially because I know HTC is better then this.

The same can be said really for many manufacturers =/ I see your frustration though.

djbenny1

Apr 9, 2011

isnt the point of this thread that MAYBE the phone uses ddr3 and not ddr2 as HTC have said?

because the chip only comes with ddr3?

NiCk.JaY

Nov 23, 2012
Sorry if it is too basic a question, but is there any major difference between ddr2 and ddr3?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

kalo88

Nov 21, 2012
According to Phil Nickinson on Android Central, the One will have DDR3 memory. http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...ouve-got-questions-lets-do-2.html#post2598040

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Originally Posted by Hbomber110
DDr3 or 2 ?
Some spec sheets say its ddr3 but according to Qualcomm the 600 uses ddr3 RAM

Thank you !
HTC spec sheet says DDR2. Apparently the HTC spec sheet is wrong and it's DDR3. Not that you should lose any sleep over that kind of thing

Taken from the link

matheus_sc

Mar 27, 2011
Barretos-SP
htc support impress me!

Dear matheus criscuolo,

Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Support Center!

We understand it is important to have a phone that meets your needs; we will do our best to provide a solution.

In regards on your question about the HTC One having 2G of DDR2 or DDR3, when you take a look at the HTC website under the specs of HTC One is information is the following:

•Total storage : 32GB/64GB, available capacity varies1

•RAM : 2 GB DDR2

This is the correct information, since this is in our HTC website; the other one that you provide for us to see, is a third-party website and we do not recommend looking at those websites for information like this. I recommend you to always look on HTC official websites or contact HTC Email Support for any questions or assistance you have in the future.

Please do not hesitate in replying back to this email for any further assistance; I will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for your continuous support of our products and services. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us through http://www.htc.com/us/support/email-support or call us at 1-866-449-8358 from 6AM to 1AM EST, 7 days a week.

Have an awesome day!

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Natalia

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com/htc
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/htc
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/htc

Explore our development resources developer.htc.com

Please visit us at htc.com if you have any questions or need further assistance.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE : The information in this e-mail is confidential and privileged; it is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named as the recipient hereof. Disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this e-mail by persons other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may violate applicable laws. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete the original message and notify us by return email or collect call immediately. Thank you. HTC Corporation

Reactions: NiCk.JaY

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

isnt the point of this thread that MAYBE the phone uses ddr3 and not ddr2 as HTC have said?

because the chip only comes with ddr3?
    i send a email for htc asking which its corret ddr2 or ddr3
    AW: HTC one si 2gb ram DDR3 not DDR2

Well yes but even if he has it in his hands he can't tell, it's not written anywhere

But u can ask him to run a GLBenchmark 2.5 Egypt HD C24Z16 - Offscreen (1080p) test, on a full battery, no power saving and a clean run (just this test standalone) :D

Well he is the one who is responsible for pr stuff for htc Germany. I get my HTC One from him later.

I can ask him to do a benchmark, not sure if he will do that.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Asked for the clarification of ddr2 or ddr3 and asked for the benchmark result when you run it without any influence of previous benchmarks.

AW: HTC one si 2gb ram DDR3 not DDR2

So when we will have the resoulds? Thanks:fingers-crossed:

Whenever I get a response. Usually within the next 2 days if he does it.

Yea as far as customer support goes, you could probably have asked your magic 8 ball and got an equally reliable answer.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2