FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What Do You Want to See for My Next Project?

Delta Three

74 Vote(s)
52.11%
Delta Kernel

17 Vote(s)
11.97%
Delta AOSP for Verizon S3

45 Vote(s)
31.69%
Delta AOSP for Nexus 7

6 Vote(s)
4.23%

Delta II

785 posts
Thanks Meter: 953

Post Reply Email Thread
23rd February 2013, 04:37 PM |#171  
Re: [ROM][2/22] ★ | Delta Two | Stability, Performance, OTA Updates, Swag ;) | ★
Quote:
Originally Posted by alquimista

Just wondering why "rom" size matters? I assume you mean the size of the zip file not the size of the base system image?

I honestly don't mind downloading a 2Gig file, if its a one stop shop for customization. What if I don't want PDroid? That would mean adding another system image into the zip file iirc? Doesn't bother me having a larger zip as long as I can choose to include or exclude just about anything offered.

As for feature requests, I'd like to see an option to include some developer fun stuff. Including but not limited to:
- Full BASH binary (not the trimmed down versions, the one that's lie 4mb or so)
- Full ZSH binary
- nano binary (cause I'm not a fan of vi)
- trim binary
- MOAR BINARIES ( gdisk, parted, openssh, openscp, htop, git, probably more but I don't have time to list all of them right now...)
- BotBrew (dunno if the devs would be cool with that)
- SL4A (also not sure about this one)
- cron (dunno if this is in there already)
Basically a bunch of stuff that terminal junkies and and scripting (maybe even OOP) crazies like me would want. Most end users won't want or need this stuff, but I do!

I dunno if any of that is even possible, but its what I'd like to see available maybe as an aroma choice.

Ta,
ALQI

Edge could just make a sperate version and call it Delta Spec Ops for you with all those extras.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

23rd February 2013, 05:35 PM |#172  
Thanks Meter: 372

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgehood

I'm aware of the clock bug, it'll be fixed for the next version when I add the Clock Mod 2.0. It just wasn't fixed for this build because I'm working with Wasabi on his theme and the center clock could potentially mess it up.

As for the battery, battery style can be changed in Settings -> Display -> Battery Style. It changed on it's own once for me, but it seemed to stick after that.

I'm not sure if I'll keep didact's mods for the next release. As you can see, they're whats causing instability in the ROM.

Sorry just checking in here...next version being Delta Three? In the OP for Delta 2, it does say clock mod 2.0 so I'm just curious. If its Delta Three where it will be fixed, I'll just wait. thanks man
23rd February 2013, 06:38 PM |#173  
Flag Terre Haute
Thanks Meter: 1,697

Donate to Me
More
Putting my wife on this today...you might have a new harsh critic lol.

RUN!
The Following User Says Thank You to gchild320 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gchild320 Ad-Free
23rd February 2013, 09:12 PM |#174  
OP Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu3218

Sorry just checking in here...next version being Delta Three? In the OP for Delta 2, it does say clock mod 2.0 so I'm just curious. If its Delta Three where it will be fixed, I'll just wait. thanks man

Clock Mod 2.0 is under the "Future" section
The Following User Says Thank You to Edgehood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Edgehood Ad-Free
23rd February 2013, 10:28 PM |#175  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Re: [ROM][2/22] ★ | Delta Two | Stability, Performance, OTA Updates, Swag ;) | ★
I would just like to say edge ur roms are and have been the most stable I've used on my s3. One question in version 1 it all had the brightness slider. Is it there in version 2 and if so is there any way to remove it? Thank you in advance!!

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2
23rd February 2013, 10:41 PM |#176  
OP Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frandre813

I would just like to say edge ur roms are and have been the most stable I've used on my s3. One question in version 1 it all had the brightness slider. Is it there in version 2 and if so is there any way to remove it? Thank you in advance!!

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure how kindacrap's mods will effect Delta Two, but you can always try flashing them. They have an option to remove the brightness slider
23rd February 2013, 10:59 PM |#177  
Flag Williamsport
Thanks Meter: 883

More
Hey Edge, won't be able to try this out til tomorrow night when I get some WiFi but changelog looks pretty good thanks for the work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 11:34 PM |#178  
OP Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque

Donate to Me
More
Delta Three
I've already been hard at work on Delta Three. Don't worry though, I'm not gonna release today or tomorrow or anything :P I still gotta get the Clock and Lockscreen mods in along with Per-App DPI. I think I'm gonna hold off on this release until Wasabi finishes his theme.

Anyway, I've been running this for a couple of hours, and I put in even more speed, performance, and battery tweaks. As of right now, I have 1 hour of screen time with 3 hours on and my battery is at 73%. I've added an app from Team Kernelizers that allows you to kill mediaserver, which completely eliminates the "media" drain when you look at your battery stats. I've also added in Bravia Engine 2 for improved music, photo, and video quality, along with removing a bunch of android system files that are battery hogs and/or files that impact performance. It's a lot smoother (which is kinda hard to say because Delta Two was already super smooth lol).

I think you guys are gonna like Delta Three a lot.

-Edge
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Edgehood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Edgehood Ad-Free
23rd February 2013, 11:39 PM |#179  
Flag Boca Raton, FL
Thanks Meter: 115

More
I'm still getting to know delta 2 and you are already introducing me to delta 3 damn I feel dirty

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 12:21 AM |#180  
Flag Owings Mills
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Can't wait for delta 3! Although just downloaded delta 2 lol. But you're room is by far the smoothest by far. Thanks for everything.

24th February 2013, 02:43 AM |#181  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesra83

Can't wait for delta 3! Although just downloaded delta 2 lol. But you're room is by far the smoothest by far. Thanks for everything.

Wow. Very few have seen his ROOM.

The Following User Says Thank You to midnight assassin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift midnight assassin Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, galaxy, rom, speed, verizon

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)