16GB is enough?

Search This thread

GumarGamer

Feb 9, 2013
Hi guys I want to buy the nexus 7 16GB version
but i will use the tablet for gaming, watching movies, browsing.
Is 16GB enough?

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Is 16GB enough?

No.. Get the 32gb.. If you're heavy into gaming the extra leg room will pay for itself. Some of these modern games have equal install bases to their PC counter parts.

Bards Tale = *3.5GB install
NSW MW = *640MB install
GTA III = *440MB install

*-Working from my memory. May not be 100% exact

So.. Roughly Just in 3 games you'll be below 10GB of available space just like that.

-Grift-

Jan 9, 2011
Singapore
I think 32GB will be better, in Singapore 16 GB and 32 GB is only a $50 difference. More space wont hurt right ? :)

2kbandit

Nov 13, 2012
Go with the 32GB version the extra space will come in handy. Some of the games out there is very big.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: GumarGamer

ynrozturk

Oct 11, 2012
Istanbul
Depends.. if you're only going to have a few games and a few movies, and have no problems swapping the movies out with new ones once you're done watching them, you'll be fine.

I have the 16Gb version, and currently have half of that free.

kitsunisan

Jan 2, 2009
There are many cloud storage options available. Google drive, Dropbox and Skydrive gives you quite a bit of storage, 17gb between the three of them. I have the 32gb version and yes, it's nice having everything there for easy access, but I also have an 8gb Kindle Fire and can access what I need via cloud storage.

kyelo2

Feb 6, 2013
I have a 32GB model and it has more memory than I need (I don't play a lot of games or have humongous files).

You could make an argument for getting a used 16 GB Nexus 7, OTG cable, and USB stick, and then using the money you save to move up to an upgraded model later (when and if they come out).

Queiroz1

Mar 1, 2013
Hi there,
I bought a 32 gigs one. Though im not an hardcore gamer or a media freak i wouldnt need this kind of space, but in my country only the 32 version is available. But yeah like several users said, you could always use cloud like apps but takes load of time to download, imagine you are not near a wifi hotspot? 3g wont handle a 1gb download as easy as the wifi does. So that extra space can come in handy. It really comes down to the kind of user you are. ;)
Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

billykxda

Mar 19, 2012
Is 16GB enough?

While many in earlier posts think the automatic default response is NO, I will agree with those that have said: depends.

I do some gaming, I watch a TON of movies and TV series and I wish I could say that I have a life, but I can spend waaaaayyyy too much time surfing one topic to the next - a total info junky. Add to that lots of writing and document prep.

That said, my 16gb N7 is empty - almost nothing in it, My games take a little space, all movies/TV are via HBO Go and NetFlix, and browsing has no special storage requirements. All document work I do is done via multiple Cloud solutions.

I would not automatically assume that the OP will use his N7 just like me, but if he intends to, a 16gb will be far beyond his needs. On the flip side, some of the earlier posters in this thread *did* automatically assume that the OP will duplicate their usage patterns - this may not be a good assumption.

I'll stick with this position: "depends".

Top Liked Posts