your next phone?

Search This thread

_atlien_

May 23, 2010
ATL shawty!
The only thing that will attract me in a phone will be a camera that is so much better you see the difference without zooming in and peeping at pixels or a phone with a batter that gives you 15 or 20 hours screen time. All other developments will be nothing to speak of.

After all the hoopla these are still just phones.

Reactions: rlee008

sleepy8686

Feb 18, 2013
Detroit
Took a long long time to get a phone I finally love don't want to think about getting another for a long time :)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Jul 26, 2006
My next phone?

iPhone Max, or whatever they call the big screen phone they're rumored to be coming up with. I love the big screen on the note, but I don't find Android very usable. It's powerful, flexible, but I need a practical tool, not an experimentation platform, and I don't want to have to do testing and quality assurance for the manufacturer. Why bother having 10 different ROMs at your disposal when none of them works quite right? The minute Apple releases a phone with a big screen, it's sayonara Android.

Warrior1975

Jul 19, 2012
Most of the ROMS work just fine, and there is nothing experimental about stock. TW works perfectly. I'd have a very difficult time going back to IPhone. Hell, I even hate my iPod now.

P.S. I'd rather have 10 different 99% working ROMS than 1, 7 year old 100% boring OS. Just my .02.

TWEAKED 1.4™

Last edited:
What exactly within Android Jelly Bean + that doesn't work quite right for you?

Summary of Devices

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-T889)
Android Version: 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
Build: JRO03C.T889UVALL4 (Rooted)
Root Method: mrRobinson injected root stock rom
Superuser: SuperSu Pro v1.0
Busybox: Busybox v1.20.2

Device: Motorola DROID X
Android Version: 2.3.3 Gingerbread
Build: 4.5.605.Accurate_Battery (Rooted)

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

If you are talking about the MultiWindow and the cpu exploit, that is Samsung issues and not Android itself.

If you are taking about home launchers, that manufacturers add on, that is the manufacturer's issues. Which is one of the reasons why some people go for Nexus. So they can have Android without manufacturer's home launchers. You also have your own choice of home launchers too. Apple don't give you that choice. It is Apple's home launcher or the highway. Which is one of several reasons that some people say that Apple is not innovating. I don't see this as Android experimenting, but creating choice.

Are you talking about the way manufacturers try to prevent rooting and using roms? This is what manufacturers have to do to please carriers and to protect their own interests. And no different from what Apple does.

Are you talking about the mass of roms? Like I said above, rooting and using roms is not the intent of these devices. So that becomes your own choice and risk. This is what Apple prevents. Some see it as preventing the dangers of experimenting. While others find Apple's restriction as prevention of user's choice. But the point is you don't have to root or rom to use Android.

Are you talking about the delay of Android updates? This is due to both manufacturers and carriers alike. Still see more updates from Android than from iOS.

Are you talking about the innovative features that you see from Android and Android manufacturers like Samsung? Quirkiness goes with innovation. You see the same quirks with Apple innovation as you do with Android innovation. You remember Apple's maps in iOS?

Are you talking about the quirkiness of downloading iTunes music into Android devices? That is due to Apple's control over their own ecosystem and not Android itself. There are Android apps to make it easier to download iTunes music into Android devices. There is also Amazon music and Google Play Music that is easy to download and sync music with Android devices. But iTunes issues is totally due to Apple protecting their ecosystem. That is Apple's bad.

Are you talking about some Android apps not as polished as may want them? The openness of Open Source in Android allows more application development than iOS. Within this openness you will get some apps not as polished as you may want them. But there are many very polished apps for just about everything you want to do within the Android ecosystem. It is your choice which apps you use and how much money you willing to pay for the apps.

Android comes down to choice.

So what is in Android that doesn't work for you?

Summary of Devices

Last edited:

bryce850

Mar 17, 2011
Tallahassee
OnePlus 8 Pro
Idk I love my phone can't see giving it up anytime soon the first in a long time that I was like I don't feel like switching anytime soon last one was the og evo it took a good bit before phones really blew that one away lol

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
iPhone Max, or whatever they call the big screen phone they're rumored to be coming up with. I love the big screen on the note, but I don't find Android very usable. It's powerful, flexible, but I need a practical tool, not an experimentation platform, and I don't want to have to do testing and quality assurance for the manufacturer. Why bother having 10 different ROMs at your disposal when none of them works quite right? The minute Apple releases a phone with a big screen, it's sayonara Android.

Buh bye. Don't let the door hit ya. I LOVE the iphone. But android is by far a better OS.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

businesssuit

Dec 7, 2012
Huawei Ascend Mate

Huawei Ascend Mate is the new phone I want now, but I just got the Samsung Note II the day it came out in the United States on T Mobile:(

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Droid DNA right now, might change when I see what's gonna come to mwc

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Droid DNA right now, might change when I see what's gonna come to mwc

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Just wait. Much better devices than Droid DNA are on their way this year. You will thank yourself later.

Summary of Devices

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
I won't buy another phone that doesn't have qi wireless charging. HTC really messed up not putting it in the One. If the S4 doesn't have it I'm gonna pass on it. I'm really liking the LG Optimus Pro. Wireless charging, huge battery, next gen quallcom chipset. It's gonna be a good device. Probably won't get a lot of developing attention but still gonna be solid.

Good Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

D

Deleted member 2747343

i like the htc one but im sure samsung will have something better so ill wait until all the new phones are out

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix
The camera "upgrade" isn't much better unless the lens is a wider scope. Without that differences will be dismal

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Likewise, unless Samsung has some serious SPen "upgrades" to functionality/user customization...

Or Google begins some serious developments with support for Stylist, (allowing for CM, etc dev's to mod their hearts away), then the entire Note 3 purchase will seem rather meaningless to all of us GNII owners, and a majority of all the Android community

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin
Likewise, unless Samsung has some serious SPen "upgrades" to functionality/user customization...

Or Google begins some serious developments with support for Stylist, (allowing for CM, etc dev's to mod their hearts away), then the entire Note 3 purchase will seem rather meaningless to all of us GNII owners, and a majority of all the Android community

Do not count on Samsung to make it open source.

Sent By An Idiot With A Phablet!

Reactions: PhxDroid86

0r32

Feb 2, 2013
AW: your next phone?

Just got my new HTC One X+ so I don't need a new phone at the moment. The HOX+ has enough power for everything I do so I don't know why I should change my phone in the near future.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda premium

Just got my new HTC One X+ so I don't need a new phone at the moment. The HOX+ has enough power for everything I do so I don't know why I should change my phone in the near future.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda premium

So why choose that over waiting until next month for Galaxy S4?

Summary of Devices

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note 3.

G●Note~2 {Jedi X5}
    Next phone? geez i just got this one! wont be a next phone for a while... im gonna let the market playout and by the time im ready to replace my N2 phones will have evolved into something different and worth while... im not into paying for suttle changes every 6 months

long live the N2 (i hope, lol)
    What exactly within Android Jelly Bean + that doesn't work quite right for you?

Summary of Devices

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

If you are talking about the MultiWindow and the cpu exploit, that is Samsung issues and not Android itself.

If you are taking about home launchers, that manufacturers add on, that is the manufacturer's issues. Which is one of the reasons why some people go for Nexus. So they can have Android without manufacturer's home launchers. You also have your own choice of home launchers too. Apple don't give you that choice. It is Apple's home launcher or the highway. Which is one of several reasons that some people say that Apple is not innovating. I don't see this as Android experimenting, but creating choice.

Are you talking about the way manufacturers try to prevent rooting and using roms? This is what manufacturers have to do to please carriers and to protect their own interests. And no different from what Apple does.

Are you talking about the mass of roms? Like I said above, rooting and using roms is not the intent of these devices. So that becomes your own choice and risk. This is what Apple prevents. Some see it as preventing the dangers of experimenting. While others find Apple's restriction as prevention of user's choice. But the point is you don't have to root or rom to use Android.

Are you talking about the delay of Android updates? This is due to both manufacturers and carriers alike. Still see more updates from Android than from iOS.

Are you talking about the innovative features that you see from Android and Android manufacturers like Samsung? Quirkiness goes with innovation. You see the same quirks with Apple innovation as you do with Android innovation. You remember Apple's maps in iOS?

Are you talking about the quirkiness of downloading iTunes music into Android devices? That is due to Apple's control over their own ecosystem and not Android itself. There are Android apps to make it easier to download iTunes music into Android devices. There is also Amazon music and Google Play Music that is easy to download and sync music with Android devices. But iTunes issues is totally due to Apple protecting their ecosystem. That is Apple's bad.

Are you talking about some Android apps not as polished as may want them? The openness of Open Source in Android allows more application development than iOS. Within this openness you will get some apps not as polished as you may want them. But there are many very polished apps for just about everything you want to do within the Android ecosystem. It is your choice which apps you use and how much money you willing to pay for the apps.

Android comes down to choice.

So what is in Android that doesn't work for you?

Summary of Devices

Most of the ROMS work just fine, and there is nothing experimental about stock. TW works perfectly. I'd have a very difficult time going back to IPhone. Hell, I even hate my iPod now.

P.S. I'd rather have 10 different 99% working ROMS than 1, 7 year old 100% boring OS. Just my .02.

TWEAKED 1.4™
    Nah, ill be waiting on the note 4 in two years maybe lol. The note 2 is a beast. Honestly in terms of real world use what more could you be looking for in a phone? Our phone literally never lags, has lte coming, great design, great community etc.... I mean honestly what is the point. I understand in the past it might have been worth the upgrade to get a phone with "less lag" or "better battery" or "better screen" but I dont see that here. I have the means to upgrade every week if I wanted to but im not blinded by spec sheets and hype. My note 2 is a monster in all aspects of a phone and until something actually revolutionary comes out (second iteration of google glasses maybe), this will be my phone for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2