Originally Posted by ClydeB1
To flash you need to run the following commands: (It is advised to take a backup of your data and important files on your sd card)
1. Lock bootloader - fastboot oem lock
2. Boot to RUU mode - fastboot oem rebootRUU
3. Flash firmware - fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (if you get an error then rerun this command)
Note: The firmware will flash the new hboot, as well as a new stock boot.img and stock recovery.img.
To flash a custom rom you then need to do the following:
4. Unlock bootloader - fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin (you can use the same unlock_code file as you used previously, check your emails if you can't find it, or else reapply at htcdev.com)
5. Flash custom recovery - fastboot flash recovery nameofrecoveryfile.img
Note: If the unlock process wiped your sd card you may need to boot to recovery and mount usb storage to copy the rom file across again. If your phone won't boot into recovery then run command - fastboot erase cache and try again.
If you then wish to flash a JB custom rom:
6. Flash new boot.img from rom - fastboot flash boot boot.img
7. For good measure - fastboot erase cache
8. Boot to recovery and flash rom
I have a HTC ONE X with
My Rom is Android Revolution HD 9.7.2 by mike1986
The phone is rooted and unlocken (still S-ON)
How can I upgrade to Android Revolution HD 18.2 by mike1986? Can I use your commands? And this ROM
Or do I need a ICE CREAM SANDWICH RUU first?
Sorry for so many questions... I'm not really into this HTC stuff (my girlfriends phone).
Hope someone can help me.
THANKS in advance.