LS970ZVB, where are you?

Search This thread

kc_exactly

Oct 21, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Don't know. The rdf pages usually just show all the test builds. There is no way of knowing which one they will release until we get notice or the ota from Sprint. With some other phones we would see changes weekly for a while. I can say that generally once a new rdf post it takes about three weeks to get the ota if it is the final build. So, if this new build had no issues we will see the update pushed about the 2nd week of March. I hope it is sooner but this is what previous experience has shown.

You never know though.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
Don't know. The rdf pages usually just show all the test builds. There is no way of knowing which one they will release until we get notice or the ota from Sprint. With some other phones we would see changes weekly for a while. I can say that generally once a new rdf post it takes about three weeks to get the ota if it is the final build. So, if this new build had no issues we will see the update pushed about the 2nd week of March. I hope it is sooner but this is what previous experience has shown.

You never know though.

Yeah there's no way to know when this build was made, so it is hard to know where we are. Has it been out for awhile and just was entered into RDF or was it made recently? No way of knowing since LG's naming scheme is solely based on how many builds there are, rather than the date they were made, unlike samsung, where the first letter is year, second is month, and the next two numbers are the date.

Reactions: cthedogg and neemot

toprock23

Jun 11, 2010
New Jersey

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361677571114.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361677571114.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 228

javskies

Dec 17, 2012
davie
has anyone tried the efs backup with the jelly bean port? thinking of giving it a try

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

we are without a doubt getting an official JB update, before summer 2013.

And for those that like to flash... custom 4.2.2 AOSP roms are right around the corner as well.

has anyone tried the efs backup with the jelly bean port? thinking of giving it a try

kc_exactly

Oct 21, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Just want to point something out. For starters, the rdf pages aren't always accurate. LS970ZVB does exist. But, it could be 4.2. I don't think that is the case. But, in the past I have seen it happen.

The only reason I bring that up is that the lg open source team was very clear when they said we would get 4.2 in March. These are sales reps or customer service guys. They are engineers. I don't doubt they can make errors. I just think it is odd to make that kind of mistake. If we are on 4.0 they could just as easily told me we are getting jelly bean. They said 4.2 instead.

I am not telling you this to get anyone over excited. Don't expect this just to be let down later either. Just keep it in the back of your head that it is possible.

Last edited:

jblazea50

Feb 10, 2010
Beltsville
Just want to point something out. For starters, the rdf pages aren't always accurate. LS970ZVB does exist. But, it could be 4.2. I don't think that is the case. But, in the past I have seen it happen.

The only reason I bring that up is that the lg open source team was very clear when they said we would get 4.2 in March. These are sales reps or customer service guys. They are engineers. I don't doubt they can make errors. I just think it is odd to make that kind of mistake. If we are on 4.0 they could just as easily told me we are getting jelly bean. They said 4.2 instead.

I am not telling you this to get anyone over excited. Don't expect this just to be let down later either. Just keep it in the back of your head that it is possible.

Thanks for the update. At this point, I'm just hoping for AOSP 4.2.2 via CM. Also I've learned my lesson for buying LG, won't happen again.

Reactions: kc_exactly

spackmanbr

Jan 11, 2011
I feel your frustration pal. But this threads purpose is to find these files. Are going you help? Channel that energy and get it. It you can log into ftplg and Pull it this would be fantastic.
There is one other sexy city.

Let's just say, he can get it xk down.

WTF... Are you drunk?! Because I am. Thanks for the information though.

_Epic

Apr 9, 2011
Lakeland, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
I feel your frustration pal. But this threads purpose is to find these files. Are going you help? Channel that energy and get it. It you can log into ftplg and Pull it this would be fantastic.
There is one other sexy city.

Let's just say, he can get it xk down.

Dafuq did I just read? :beer:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They said that to get u to buy the phone.................

I have had emails from Sprint, LG, and LG Open Source.

First, LG said they won't make JB until Sprint request it.

Sprint said they don't know when or if LG will make an update or when they will send it to them.

LG Open Source said that the source for 4.2.2 will come out in March when we get our update. I believe the March part but not the 4.2.

I have been trying just to get us some facts. Anyways, I wouldn't start a new post for rants. So....

SoftwareNumberLS970ZVB OSNameGoogle Android OSVendorGoogle / Qualcomm OSVersionAndroid 4.1.2 /

That is a copy and paste. I don't have a file.

There has been some frustrated folks here the last few days. I thought the first true bonafide piece of info that has the Sprint Optimus G and Jelly Bean in the same sentence might make your day.

Thanks to a post from Warlord722 we have found out LG uses letters for the software version after they exhaust the numbers on Sprint. Thanks. Look forward to "B" in the near future.
    They said that to get u to buy the phone.................

How are you still alive?

Re: LS970ZVA, where are you?

March, I thought we went over this.