[Q] Unable to access menu in Google Play

Search This thread

Braves1995

Jan 16, 2013
Out of nowhere my three dots in Google Play have disappeared and I'm unable to pull up the menu/settings. All I have in the top corner is the search funtion. How do I retrieve this? I use LMT instead of the stock bars for navigation. I even tried freezing 'Soft Key Bar' in apps. Rebooted, and no change. Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-22-14-02-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-22-14-02-10.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 76

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Out of nowhere my three dots in Google Play have disappeared and I'm unable to pull up the menu/settings. All I have in the top corner is the search funtion. How do I retrieve this? I use LMT instead of the stock bars for navigation. I even tried freezing 'Soft Key Bar' in apps. Rebooted, and no change. Any help would be kindly appreciated.

It depends on how you set up LMT. Did you assign a menu option to your pie? The three dots on the pie was mine and I used that to access menu options inside of apps

Braves1995

Jan 16, 2013
Thanks for the quick response. I've setup my pie with the home, back, menu (which I thought would access all menus within all apps) and OpenNotificationBar. Is there another menu command within LMT that I'm missing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-22-15-40-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-22-15-40-52.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 63

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
Lower your dpi in the build.prop

Open build.prop file and edit this line only.

ro.sf.lcd_density=240 <--------Set this value to 180. Back out of build.prop, save when asked. Reboot. Check.

Last edited:

Braves1995

Jan 16, 2013
Lower your dpi in the build.prop

Open build.prop file and edit this line only.

ro.sf.lcd_density=240 <--------Set this value to 180. Back out of build.prop, save when asked. Reboot. Check.

I'm a little hesitant about editing the build.prop. Is there another way? What about re-installing the Play Store?

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
If you are hesitant about it that's ok. I don't know any other way. But the edit is harmless, I promise. You just have to be careful that you don't accidentally edit anything else.

You will notice that the lock screen is different.... but that's OK. You can download 2 apps to have a custom lock screen like widget locker or magic locker. I'll post links if you so desire.

If you want to skip my advice all together... well that's your prerogative. But you may be waiting a while for another fix.

Last edited:

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
Here's 2 pictures showing the difference. The top is with dpi of 240. The bottom is dpi 180. With mainkeys =1

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361613390924.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361613390924.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 71
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361613405117.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361613405117.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
****UPDATE****

This is with
A) softbar.apk removed from /system/app,
B) qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
C) dpi set at 180.

Perfect.

I should mention that I have go keyboard installed and xSettings installed with stock locker option disabled. With widget locker installed. And LMT soft keys installed.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361614106127.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361614106127.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

evildread

Nov 26, 2012
If you are hesitant about it that's ok. I don't know any other way. But the edit is harmless, I promise. You just have to be careful that you don't accidentally edit anything else.

You will notice that the lock screen is different.... but that's OK. You can download 2 apps to have a custom lock screen like widget locker or magic locker. I'll post links if you so desire.

If you want to skip my advice all together... well that's your prerogative. But you may be waiting a while for another fix.

I tried both, widget locker and magic locker, neither seemed to work for me after changing my DPI. Any suggestions?

Sent from my KF-HD7

Braves1995

Jan 16, 2013
Oddly enough, I have an app called Fullscreen Toggle that I installed to take away the soft key bar, which has been working just fine. In this app, I decided to try re-enabling the stock soft keys to see if it would bring back the menu button in Google Play (not sure why I thought it would, just effing around with it). Well, when I re-enabled the soft key bar in Fullscreen Toggle it didn't bring the soft keys back up, but I DID get my menu button in Google Play back along with other menu buttons in other apps! Weirdness..

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
Oddly enough, I have an app called Fullscreen Toggle that I installed to take away the soft key bar, which has been working just fine. In this app, I decided to try re-enabling the stock soft keys to see if it would bring back the menu button in Google Play (not sure why I thought it would, just effing around with it). Well, when I re-enabled the soft key bar in Fullscreen Toggle it didn't bring the soft keys back up, but I DID get my menu button in Google Play back along with other menu buttons in other apps! Weirdness..

Have you rebooted?

Braves1995

Jan 16, 2013

Yes, several times. I'd forgotten that I also froze the system app 'Soft Key Bar'. I'm assuming that's why it didn't come back up. Not sure why enabling that in Fullscreen Toggle brought back the app menus though. Either way, it's doing what I want it to do now.

Thank god for this forum or I wouldn't be attempting any of this crap, lol.

MPDnnrd

Dec 9, 2012
The Void between CHA & ATL
Had this problem but found a setting

I had this problem in a rom I was using and tried all kinds of dpi settings without any luck getting the menu drop-down for the playstore settings. Then while I was in the interface settings of the rom control, there was a setting called "Statusbar Behavior" and that was turned off, and when turned on, the three dots that allow menu settings was available. This is late for this case, but I wanted to share so if others down the road had a similar problem and came across this thread as I did trying to resolve this kind of issue it would give another option to check. Hope this helps.