☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.2 | Floating Multiwindows! | Apr 20 r484 |★ ☆

Search This thread

eheinzeiii

Dec 12, 2012
Baltimore
TCL 20 SE
welp looks like I'm off to bed now, with no new release lol. hopefully tomorrow. keep up the good work and thanks for the info about the themes. ive got a hunch the the systemui might be a lil different for some reason...and i cant wait to see your theme layout.. any teaser pics coming out soon :D:D:D

mikeman45

Oct 15, 2012
Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★

It is a VRTheme so unless they break the SystemUI mods it should be good. Ours should be out shortly also and hopefully I don't have to do SystemUI over either. :laugh::cool:

Will be waiting for that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

imnotron

Feb 17, 2013
Wilkes-Berre
Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★

welp looks like I'm off to bed now, with no new release lol. hopefully tomorrow. keep up the good work and thanks for the info about the themes. ive got a hunch the the systemui might be a lil different for some reason...and i cant wait to see your theme layout.. any teaser pics coming out soon :D:D:D

uploadfromtaptalk1361686212343.jpg
Worked for me lol :D

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
Teaser pics are in theme thread under Original Andy Multi Window Theme.:p:cool:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2114907 Been updated since then.

Last edited:

rwc95

Sep 10, 2011
Bloomington

Hello all, any idea if rc's theme, i believe its his... the simple blue one that i love to death. is going to work on the next release of this rom, hopefully coming soon???
thanks again for the awesome rom and all your guys hard work. im currently trying to learn the ins and outs of TIBU so i dont have to lose all my progress in angry birds lol.:laugh:

My theme should work, but all depends if they change the systemui much. If it doesn't work I will have it working very quickly as I run synergy and my theme.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

wushdishmeen

Jun 1, 2009
So AOSP lockscreen doesn't work? That must be new. First time I've seen that mentioned.

Sent from my Synergized S3

Teehee! Thank god for sarcasm when you don't have anything funny or useful to say. :good:

I must of misunderstood this: r185 We now block the ripple effect from being used with AOSP lockscreen to prevent lockups. Thanks TrevE

You're right though. I should have read through 1787 pages before installing this ROM so I know that AOSP setting locks up the phone despite what the OP says.

You also ignored the problems that actually mattered to me.

• I cannot change the lockscreen wallpaper
  • When I changed the ink effect to RED it does not work.
  • The ink effect is really glitchy... the entire screen will flicker the color of the ink right before unlocking. Kind of ruins the effect.
  • Lockscreen torch does not work... or at least I cannot find it on the lockscreen after enabling it.
  • When using multiwindow most of the apps have a blue tinge to them for no apparent reason. The "Swap" feature also doesn't have the smooth swap animation with certain app combinations.

Oh and I'm running the latest version of this ROM on a VZW Galaxy S3. Flashed from a clean install of 4.1.1 stock rooted with TWRP and followed the instructions to the letter.

Last edited:

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
Teehee! Thank god for sarcasm when you don't have anything funny or useful to say. :good:

I must of misunderstood this: r185 We now block the ripple effect from being used with AOSP lockscreen to prevent lockups. Thanks TrevE

You're right though. I should have read through 1787 pages before installing this ROM so I know that AOSP setting locks up the phone despite what the OP says.

You also ignored the problems that actually mattered to me.

• I cannot change the lockscreen wallpaper
  • When I changed the ink effect to RED it does not work.
  • The ink effect is really glitchy... the entire screen will flicker the color of the ink right before unlocking. Kind of ruins the effect.
  • Lockscreen torch does not work... or at least I cannot find it on the lockscreen after enabling it.
  • When using multiwindow most of the apps have a blue tinge to them for no apparent reason. The "Swap" feature also doesn't have the smooth swap animation with certain app combinations.

Oh and I'm running the latest version of this ROM on a VZW Galaxy S3. Flashed from a clean install of 4.1.1 stock rooted with TWRP and followed the instructions to the letter.

#1- Change wallpaper from Note 2 Gallery.

#2- Red does not work.

#3- It is a port. Will work correctly when Verizon allows you to actually have the upgrade.

#4- Long press home button on lockscreen for torch.

#5- Same as #3.

185 was like 200 revisions ago. In the future search the build # and see where the first posts start. If back up a few pages from there will see the OP and change log for that build.

:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: derekhc

wushdishmeen

Jun 1, 2009
#1- Change wallpaper from Note 2 Gallery.

#2- Red does not work.

#3- It is a port. Will work correctly when Verizon allows you to actually have the upgrade.

#4- Long press home button on lockscreen for torch.

#5- Same as #3.

185 was like 200 revisions ago. In the future search the build # and see where the first posts start. If back up a few pages from there will see the OP and change log for that build.

:cool:

Thank you for a non douche reply. :highfive:

I tried changing from both gallery apps and neither will change the wallpaper unfortunately.

Also I've seen the ink effect working properly on other GS3 ROMs, as well as the red version. So I think it's the ROM rather than it being a port.

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
Thank you for a non douche reply. :highfive:

I tried changing from both gallery apps and neither will change the wallpaper unfortunately.

Also I've seen the ink effect working properly on other GS3 ROMs, as well as the red version. So I think it's the ROM rather than it being a port.
I can change my wallpaper easily by long press home screen>select lockscreen>gallery/wallpaper>chose wallpaper. Just broke my custom wallpaper and have to reflash theme to get back testing for you.

Although ink colors don't work properly it depends what wallpaper you use the effect on. Ripple and blue Ink makes my custom wallpaper rock. It may work on other roms although I wouldn't know. I know it works on International devices and roms as they have the official software. Depends on the dev and where he porting from. Most these devs work together and run the same ports/mods. Synergy mods so deep into system there is no telling what happens with easy mods in the end. They will be fixed but you are free to go to those other roms. :cool:

xdreaper15

Dec 26, 2012

I'm assuming no ROM tonight? It seems pretty late....although it is Saturday... Hmmm.

Sent from my Synergized Galaxy S3 on Verizon!

wushdishmeen

Jun 1, 2009
I can change my wallpaper easily by long press home screen>select lockscreen>gallery/wallpaper>chose wallpaper. Just broke my custom wallpaper and have to reflash theme to get back testing for you.

Although ink colors don't work properly it depends what wallpaper you use the effect on. Ripple and blue Ink makes my custom wallpaper rock. It may work on other roms although I wouldn't know. I know it works on International devices and roms as they have the official software. Depends on the dev and where he porting from. Most these devs work together and run the same ports/mods. Synergy mods so deep into system there is no telling what happens with easy mods in the end. They will be fixed but you are free to go to those other roms. :cool:

I really like this ROM though so far. Just wish those few things worked. I tried changing the wallpaper from long press on home screen also and it didn't work still.

What is your custom wallpaper? Is there anyway to add a wallpaper to the actual official stock samsung wallpaper screen?

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
I really like this ROM though so far. Just wish those few things worked. I tried changing the wallpaper from long press on home screen also and it didn't work still.

What is your custom wallpaper? Is there anyway to add a wallpaper to the actual official stock samsung wallpaper screen?

Sounds like bad flash to me. I wipe everything including dalvic, cache, system and Factory/data. I restore apps only with no data on these builds. Some have gotten away with dirty flash but most have problems so I don't recommend it.

Our wallpaper will be released when theme is released. It is our signature and original. Wallpapers can be added to the app but it takes photo editing and at least XML skills. May even take smali skills. Haven't dug that far into it yet. That is one of our next projects. :cool:

wushdishmeen

Jun 1, 2009
Sounds like bad flash to me. I wipe everything including dalvic, cache, system and Factory/data. I restore apps only with no data on these builds. Some have gotten away with dirty flash but most have problems so I don't recommend it.

Our wallpaper will be released when theme is released. It is our signature and original. Wallpapers can be added to the app but it takes photo editing and at least XML skills. May even take smali skills. Haven't dug that far into it yet. That is one of our next projects. :cool:

I did a clean flash. I was running stock 4.1.1 rooted and totally wiped everything to barebones and flashed to Synergy from there. So there was no changes made prior to flashing.

I am familiar with XML but never heard of smali. It's unfortunate because changing the lockscreen wallpaper from the Samsung wallpaper app actually works. So if I could get one in there it would fix it.

But I think it's just the porting of the gallery apps in this ROM that might be hit or miss. When the prompt appears for which app I want to use they both are showing their package names rather than "Gallery". They show up as Gallery in the app drawer, it's only in the default program prompt that they don't.

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
I did a clean flash. I was running stock 4.1.1 rooted and totally wiped everything to barebones and flashed to Synergy from there. So there was no changes made prior to flashing.

I am familiar with XML but never heard of smali. It's unfortunate because changing the lockscreen wallpaper from the Samsung wallpaper app actually works. So if I could get one in there it would fix it.

But I think it's just the porting of the gallery apps in this ROM that might be hit or miss. When the prompt appears for which app I want to use they both are showing their package names rather than "Gallery". They show up as Gallery in the app drawer, it's only in the default program prompt that they don't.

Yea. Mine shows gallery or Wallpaper apps so something wrong with the flash. When I pick gallery next popup asks which gallery. Both work but Note 2 gallery works better as far as it is already sized. Your flash is bad. :cool:

wushdishmeen

Jun 1, 2009
Yea. Mine shows gallery or Wallpaper apps so something wrong with the flash. When I pick gallery next popup asks which gallery. Both work but Note 2 gallery works better as far as it is already sized. Your flash is bad. :cool:

What carrier is your Galaxy S3? Which model? Are you running the latest Synergy? I really don't think it's a bad flash and could just be that it's hit or miss depending on the model.

I found another thread where someone had the same issue with not being able to fix the wallpaper. Another guy said that he had the issue and it just went away on it's own somehow.

I think that it working on your phone doesn't really mean it's definitely a bad flash on my end. These ROMs tend to have a lot of bugs with different configurations so I'm sure that's why nightly builds are done.

I just wanted to ask in case these problems were already solved so I didn't have to read through 1700 pages to find the answer. I'll see if I can figure out how to fix it. Thanks

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
What carrier is your Galaxy S3? Which model? Are you running the latest Synergy? I really don't think it's a bad flash and could just be that it's hit or miss depending on the model.

I found another thread where someone had the same issue with not being able to fix the wallpaper. Another guy said that he had the issue and it just went away on it's own somehow.

I think that it working on your phone doesn't really mean it's definitely a bad flash on my end. These ROMs tend to have a lot of bugs with different configurations so I'm sure that's why nightly builds are done.

I just wanted to ask in case these problems were already solved so I didn't have to read through 1700 pages to find the answer. I'll see if I can figure out how to fix it. Thanks

I don't know. I reflash mine between 20 and 50 times a day. I am on I535 Verizon 32 gb. On Synergy 326 and My theme. Running Ziggy kernel @172/384 with no voltage changes and no reboots or kernel related problems. :cool:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.2 | Floating Multiwindows! | Apr 20 r484 |★ ☆

synergyrom3.jpg

Modus Operandi

After tens of thousands of downloads and millions of thread views accross multiple devices, Team Synergy has now expanded their operations to include ALL carrier variants of the Galaxy S3 :D

Team Synergy unites the various skills of numerous devs including TrevE, Ziggy471, Virus, Mr. X, freeza, as well as yours truly. Our goal is to provide a fully optimized ROM that runs insanely fast, looks clean, and includes our special under-the-hood tweaks that all around kick a$$. SynergyROM is what you wanted your phone to be like right out of the box.

Thanks

• dsixda for his kitchen
    • invisiblek for his VZW GS3 root method
    • incubus and scrossler for their support
    • Thanks to all of Team Synergy (All members named above, as well as NxtGenCowboy and santod040 for their support and endless testing)

The ROM

• Jelly Bean 4.1.2 - A hybrid framework created by us with pieces from the S3/Note2 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 frameworks
    • Fully Deodexed, Zipaligned, Busybox, Superuser, Debloated
    • Multi-carrier support for any S3 (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile - all in one ROM)
    • Fully working PDroid support
    • Team Synergy's custom init.d scripts for insane performance
    • Blocked Samsung’s "root checker" and screenlogger services (We killed it so well that Device Status shows "Normal" rather than "Modified")
    • EXT4 performance tweaks for moar speed
    • 23 notification toggles
    • 4-in-1 reboot menu
    • Fully rotating homescreens
    • Ability to toggle mass storage or MTP (see Q&A)
    • Customized mounting scripts (see Q&A)
    • Custom boot animation support
    • 4G and WiFi speed tweaks
    • Verizon OTAs blocked
    • Synergized build.prop
    • Customized SystemUI interface
    • Ability to set WiFi transmit power (see Q&A)
    • Tons more tweaks and enhancements

Changelog

Jelly Bean Changelog:
    Code:
    r444-484 See this post: [url]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40492362&postcount=21579[/url]

r421-443 Must read this post: [url]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39741874&postcount=19825[/url]

r374-420 See this post: [url]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39389033&postcount=19172[/url]

r327-373 Too big to list here. See this post for info: [url]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38444459&postcount=17931[/url]

r291-326 Samsung root loggers bypassed at the radio level. All DBs optimized for wicked fast performance. New options in AROMA, including an option to bypass setup screen and phone provisioning. APN, FC and wifi fixes for all carriers. New date/time toggles, courtesy of Didact74 (as mentioned above). EFS backup available for all carriers to prevent and fix any future IMEI loss from any ROM. Other AROMA options and bug fixes. No more lockscreen rotation unless you request it in AROMA. And finally a new Ziggy kernel.

r258-290 Network location fix. Attempt to fix APN and data loss issue. Completely overhauled AROMA installer with scores of new options and menus. Excessive boot times fixed. Poweramp fixed. Updated Ziggy kernel. Attempt to fix superwipe from not wiping internal storage (remember to flash from external SD when using this option). Fix lockscreen circle lock notifications from disappearing. Other cleanup, bug fixes, and performance enhancements

r186-257 Lots of commits summarized as follows: SynergyROM is now multicarrier. Added smart AROMA installer (with Virus' special touches) which detects your S3 carrier (you don’t do anything, we do it for you behind the scenes) and flashes the appropriate files. Some testing still needed for a few carriers. Added mods and options to AROMA. Scores of performance enhancements. Volume button now works to skip music tracks in ALL apps, thanks to loserskater who personally patched our files (be sure to thank him). Added AOSP messaging, thanks to italysfinest327 for patching Synergy’s files himself. Battery drain fixes. Other misc cleanup and kernel enhancements

r185 We now block the ripple effect from being used with AOSP lockscreen to prevent lockups. Thanks TrevE

r184 Updated kernel

r183 Zipalign, fix headers

r182 Removed increasing ringtone

r181 Voice activated apps no longer crash when voice control is turned on in S-Voice

r175-180 Launcher and lockscreen now rotates all directions. Thanks TrevE

r174 Fix SMS sending issue for messages over 160 chars

r173 Kernel bug fix

r171-172 Several performance tweaks

r170 More fluid scrolling through lists

r169 - Volume key track skipping partially added. Only works with some music apps (like Poweramp), but not all yet. Still a WIP. Thanks TrevE!

r168 - Ziggy/Chad Goodman kernel.  Moved all the usb network drivers outside of the kernel. Changelog here: [url]http://projects.ziggy471.com/projects/ziggy471-sgs3-jb/activity[/url]

r167 - Update Note 2 apps, libs (Gallery, etc)

r166 - Update apps, more ad blocking

r165 - Clean up notification toggles, fix minor launcher bug

r164 - Added system sounds/ringtones/notifications from Nexus 4. Thanks Virus

r163 - Attempt to fix high Android System battery drain #2. Thanks TrevE, as well as cyanogenmod for the original code

r162 - Fix lockscreen torch

r161 - Multiwindow now works from clean flash, INK lockscreen added, bluetooth fixed, funny messages in dialog boxes fixed, location services to GApps fixed (GPS fix), double tap to open Google Now voice search restored, PDroid toast messages working again, ripple effect fixed, other cleanup. Thanks TrevE and the rest of Team Synergy!

r160 - Attempt to fix high Android System battery drain #1. Thanks TrevE

r159 - EOL

r158 - New CSCs

r157 - Added Note 2 camera with best group shot option. Also hacked to use volume keys as shutter buttons. Pinch to zoom if needed. Thanks freeza

r156 - Update Gapps

r155 - Synergy config file now available in phone storage

r154 - Update Synergy configuration

r153 - Multiwindow feature added

r152 - Updated Ziggy kernel

r151 - Add custom Synergy configuration, more to come

r150 - Add rng-tools deamon

r149 - Fix offset text in notification bar toggles

r148 - Add file version 5.11

r147 - Cleanup, debloat, app updates

r146 - Updated Ziggy kernel. More exFAT support (working on our end). Also includes better voltage logic

r145 - Added toggles for: Tap home for flashlight in lockscreen, switch between AOSP and Touchwiz lockscreen (most TW options should still work with AOSP lockscreen), hide time in statusbar, hide AM/PM. AM/PM size and center clocks mods only partially functioning at this point. Great work and big THANKS to Didact74!

r144 - Full Pdroid support. Huge thanks to Trev for all his time on this. Please read TrevE's thread for more details: [URL]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2077839[/URL]

r143 - Zipalign, added latest binary

r142 - EOL

r141 - Restore lockscreen notification bubbles that Verizon tried to kill off for some reason

r140 - Fix for Google Now

r139 - Messaging app updated to allow screen on/off option, also unlocked TONS of other menu options and settings in messaging. Thanks TrevE!

r138 - New busybox with ndk, nslookup, and ping

r137 - Added modules

r136 - Update bash and abootimg

r135 - Remove setting ondemand for post_boot

r134 - Added Ziggy kernel (exFAT was working on the 32 gig card we tested here)

r133 - Added share file version 5.11

r132 - Remove ongoing wifi notification

r131 - 4-in-1 reboot menu, double tap home to open Google Now search, long press volume to skip tracks

r130 - 1% battery, remove constant GPS location reticle from statusbar, remove battery charged notification

r129 - Added initial PDroid support. More to follow. As always, thanks to the many devs involved with creating and porting this great app

r128 - System/data app updates, Titanium Backup fix, ad blocking

r127 - Hacked LK3 ramdisk. ADB remount, boot animation support, increased buffers, opened bluetooth services, debugging battery killers removed, dual mass storage, etc. Thanks TrevE!

r126 - Rebase to official JB OTA - Jelly Bean 4.1.1 I535VRBLK3. Also blocked Samsung root checkers/screenloggers. Most previous mods/tweaks left intact, rest to follow in next several commits

r125 - Cleanup, zipalign

r124 - Ziggy Kernel added. Kernel source available at the following git: [url]http://projects.ziggy471.com/projects/ziggy471-sgs3-jb/repository[/url]

r123 - Fixed Verizon SSO Engine (My Verizon, NFL Mobile, etc). It may fail the first sign in. Just close app and try again, or reboot

r122 - System and Data app updates, more ad blocking

r121 - Wifi Tether update (lots of bug and encryption fixes). Also fixed Trace (Swype-style functionality) which now works with stock Samsung keyboard

r120 - Rebase to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 I535VRBLK1 leak. Bug fixes. All prior mods left intact

r119 - EOL to LF (this is for devs only), improvements to UI speed

r118 - Zipalign, performance enhancements

r117 - Cleanup

r116 - TrevE Mod Wifi Tether update. Encryption should now work (at leat it did for me in testing)

r115 - More ad blocking

r114 - Launcher cleanup, 6 row app drawer - thanks wchill!

r113 - Unlock hidden features in camera, messaging, browser, contacts, etc

r112 - Rebase to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 I535VRBLJ1 leak. Prior mods all merged. TrevE's Wifi Tether app included. If your wifi goes out, just reboot. Other bug fixes and cleanup/housekeeping. Notification lockscreen bubbles and annoying help popups should also be fixed

r111 - 4x5 launcher - THANKS wchill!

r110 - Second attempt to fix Samsung's "swype-style" keyboard functionality

r109 - Attempt to fix Google Now voice search (working perfectly for me after a full wipe), also added Gtalk back in

r108 - Attempt to fix bluetooth issue with audio cable and audio reconnects

r107 - Second attempt to add additional camera modes + enable swipe in gallery (maybe)

r106 - Blue toggles - I know there is still more themeing to do. It takes a long time. Don't bug me about it :)

r105 - Debug-enabled browser. Enabled advanced settings + hardware acceleration

r104 - Attempt to fix those annoying help messages (maybe)

r103 - Attempt to enable action shot, add me, best shot, continuous shot, frame shot, stop motion, mosaic, vintage camera modes.  Camera effects are catoonize, monochrome, sketch, and speed controls

r102 - Fixed Samsung keyboard swipe functionality

r101 - Volume keys can now skip tracks when screen is off - Thanks TrevE!

r100 - Fix battery bug (incorrect images occasionally showing)

r99 - Last of the missing libs

r98 - Added more missing libs, Google Now search update, more cleanup/debloat

r97 - Added CSCs

r96 - Change from British to US localization

r95 - Update Google apps/framework/libs, fix facelock, more debloat

r94 - Removed remote diagnostic software

r93 - SVN server relocate (this was for us Synergy devs only)

r92 - Removed ongoing wifi notification. Also includes some fun messages if you can catch it in logcat. THANKS TREV!

r91 - Update sqlite binary

r90 - Updated Android 4.2 keyboard to an even newer version

r89 - 1% battery mod

r88 - 15 toggle mod (thanks lidroid, thisiskindacrap, incubus)

r87 - 4-in-1 reboot menu

r86 - Force MTP, fixes for Android 4.2 keyboard and Google Now voice search

r85 - Android 4.2 keyboard

r84 - Double tap home button to open Google Now voice search

r83 - Titanium Backup bug fix

r82 - NFC fix

r81 - Gmail 4.2, Play Store 3.9.16, added camera and gallery from Note 2

r80 - Cleanup, app updates, more debloat

r79 - Initial Jelly Bean release, changelog found in this post: [URL]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33581719&postcount=9578[/URL]

Older ICS Changelog:
    Code:
    Moved to nightly status. Changelog can be found here: [URL]http://svn.androidfilehost.com/projects/synergy-siii-vzw/activity[/URL]

Changelog for builds before nightly status found below:
    v1.7 - Full wipe is only required for those having GPS issues or those coming from any build before 1.4. Everyone else should wipe cache and dalvik - Posts start here: [URL]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30113212&postcount=3276[/URL]
    [LIST]
    [*]Double tap of home button now launches your choice of Google Now voice search or S Voice (if you aren’t wiping then you’ll need to clear app defaults in app settings)
    [*]No more fugly Gingerbread green checks, dots, sliders, etc (HUGE thanks to our boy santod040, whom many of you may remember from WinMo – Cookie Home Tab ring bells for you WinMo vets out there? – we love have ya around santod :) )
    [*]Added new settings to SMS/MMS (delayed/scheduled sending, repeat alerts, read reports, forward info, msg priority, signature, etc) 
    [*]Added ability to block individual numbers from calling and/or sending texts
    [*]Added new settings to Contacts (import/export/backup)
    [*]Added other misc minor settings to Calendar and Email
    [*]Attempt to fix some WiFi issues
    [*]Google apps updated
    [*]Some system libs updated
    [*]Other bug fixes
    [/LIST]

v1.6 - Full wipe is only required for those having GPS issues or those coming from any build before 1.4. Everyone else should wipe cache and dalvik - Posts start here: [URL]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29974289&postcount=2593[/URL]
    [LIST]
    [*]Restored completely stock GPS files and setting (if you are still seeing problems you may wish to flash back to stock via Odin then back to Synergy again cuz nothing about GPS in v1.6 is custom – all stock GPS)
    [*]Offline dictation for Google Now added
    [*]Cell standby bug fixed (for realsies this time, I had too many versions of the apk and accidentally bundled the wrong one with the last 2 builds)
    [*]Camera can now be used during a call (thanks to Team Synergy's TrevE for this and other mods)
    [*]Camera shutter sound can now be disabled
    [*]Enabled “Find my mobile’ in Security settings
    [*]Added new settings to stock Samsung keyboard
    [*]Increase MMS resolution
    [*]Fixed Jelly bean keyboard
    [*]Other minor tweaks and enhancements
    [*]Updated apps
    [/LIST]

v1.5 - Wipe not required if coming from v1.4 - Posts start here: [URL]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29916937&postcount=2015[/URL]
    [LIST]
    [*]Completely disabled Samsung’s nosy syscope adb/root/modified checking service (you can tell it’s completely dead because Device Status now says “Not available”). Thanks TrevE
    [*]Lotsa bug fixes (wifi notification bug, breaking custom kernels, 4G speed tweaks, etc)
    [*]Most Google Now glitches should be worked out (thanks again to all the XDA devs behind this effort)
    [*]Secondary “Voice Search” removed from input settings
    [*]Status bar re-themed (you guys be sure to thank racinwarrior for his contributions)
    [*]1% battery icons added
    [*]GPS indoor positioning improved and SUPL support updated for faster GPS locks
    [*]Enabled all advanced menus in browser
    [*]Increasing ringtone disabled (thanks yoelsd for logic)
    [*]Added Jelly Bean keyboard and its logic engine
    [*]Added long press volume to skip music tracks when screen is off (thanks freeza, we love having ya on the team)
    [*]Attempt to improve WiFi speeds
    [*]More ad blocking
    [*]Enabled Allshare settings, change backend settings for tvout/ringtone/FM radio/auto downgrading to mono
    [/LIST]

v1.4 - FULL WIPE REQUIRED due to re-base; This will be the last required wipe for a while - Posts start here: [URL]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29839780&postcount=1524[/URL]
    [LIST]
    [*]Re-based to LG1 – Great work from nosympathy again on this. He’s been really cool about making the base available for everyone. You guys be sure to go find a way to thank him
    [*]15 toggles + brightness slider – Huge thanks to Lidroid for originating this, wanam for his smali contribution, and MASSIVE thanks to electron73 for porting to the VZW SGS3 – Well done, sirs
    [*]You can also control which toggles appear in notification and in which order
    [*]Google Now voice search fully working thanks to a whole bunch of devs here on XDA (Step aside, Siri, let the king of search show you how it’s done)
    [*]The newer VZW base tried to kill search functionality thanks to another Apple lawsuit so we kept the older search functions intact :)
    [*]Fixed Samsung’s high “cell standby” usage bug (wasn’t actually wasting any battery, just reporting usage incorrectly)
    [*]Due to outrageously outrageous outrage, wallpaper scrolling has been disabled. There’s a flashable in the OP to turn this back on
    [*]Removed “Verizon Wireless” from notification pulldown
    [*]Added tons of additional scripting by our very own Ziggy471
    [*]Master binaries updated
    [*]Gmail moved to /data/app/ for those having issues
    [*]Overall ROM size reduced. We’ll work on reducing this even further
    [*]Plenty of other misc bug fixes and tweaks
    [/LIST]

v1.3 - Full Wipe Required. Sorry guys, too many changes this time - Posts start here: [URL]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29479955&postcount=693[/URL]
    [LIST]
    [*]4x5 Homescreens :D
    [*]Up to 9 homescreens now (set 5 by default, add more if you want em)
    [*]Fugly green in the notification bar replaced with ICS blue (thanks all of Team Synergy and to irtehun, this one was truly a team effort)
    [*]Added wallpaper scrolling
    [*]Maxed out 4G and WiFi speed tweaks (although Samsung already had these values set pretty high by default)
    [*]Our very own TrevE’s force enable reuse/recycle/scaling and decrease timeout scripting added
    [*]I/O scheduler tweaks for internal storage
    [*]Apps updated
    [*]More ads blocked
    [*]Misc bug fixes
    [/LIST]

v1.2 - Full wipe required - Posts start here: [URL]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29327621&postcount=354[/URL]
    [LIST]
    [*]Enabled in-call recording (It’s illegal in most places to record someone without telling them. We at SynergyROM are not responsible for mis-use of this feature) – Thanks to wanam and sanpaco
    [*]Jelly Bean animations added (Thanks to hikarugo and BeansTown106)
    [*]Location crosshair gone (ginormous thanks to our newest team member, freeza :D  )
    [*]Battery full notification gone (freeza again)
    [*]Power saver toggle added back in
    [*]Fix 7zip
    [*]Removed more bloat
    [*]Added wireshark support, powertop, htop, vim, and nano :D See Q&A in post #2
    [/LIST]

v.1.1 - Posts start here: [URL]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29254124&postcount=103[/URL]
    [LIST]
    [*]Poweramp fixed (had to remove xloud engine for now since poweramp doesn’t like it)
    [*]Voice search fixed
    [*]S voice works again (had to remove Google Now. We’ll bring it back once Jelly Bean TTS is ported)
    [*]Ability to set Wifi transmit power. See Q&A
    [*]Launguage and input settings now only shows one “Google voice typing”
    [*]Apps updated
    [*]Ads blocked
    [*]MyVerizon is now deleteable (is that a word?)
    [/LIST]

v1.00 - Initial Release, full wipe required. More to come!

Known Bugs

Download Links

Verizon users: You also need to unlock your bootloader before flashing the latest versions of this ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1835791

Latest Build Here:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=660

Older Builds:

http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Team_Synergy/Galaxy_S3/Verizon/Buildbox/old/

Kernel

Kernel source is here: http://git.ziggy471.com/ Ziggy's PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...3663d3faee8da6a0e86558d6153d8812cd76bf2fd83f[)

Themes / Tweaks / Add-ons

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=659/ (New server!)

^^ Mods here for the following:

Jelly Bean Only:
    • Remove exchange security
    • Restore stock Samsung media/sound files

ICS Only:
    • Restore exchange security
    • Enable wallpaper scrolling
    • Restore 4x4 launcher
    • Center clock mod
    • Remove ad blocking
    • Remove long press volume to skip music tracks mod
    • Remove call recording
    • Restore older Google Now TTS engine (only use this if you are having problems)
    • Remove volume key as shutter toggle mod
    • Add Nexus style on screen buttons. See this post for warning: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30872462&postcount=6354

Legal Stuffs

Yeah yeah... I know you guys already know this but it's just one of those things you gotta say anyway: Bad things can happen to your phone when you flash custom ROMs and mods. We at SynergyROM are not responsible if anything bad happens to you, your associates, or your device by flashing this ROM or any other modifications posted in this thread or others.

Reviews:

Q&A

Q: How do I install this ROM?
    A: Download the ROM from the "Download Links" section above, place the file on your phone's external SD card, and then flash via your recovery. First boot after flash takes a wee bit longer than usual. You need to have an unlocked bootloader if you wish to take full advantage of this ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1835791

Q: How can I enable mass storage mode?
    A:
    Code:
    To enable mass storage mode:
    1) Plug your phone into the computer via USB and MTP will likely open as it usually does
    2) Open a command prompt
    3) Type: adb shell mountsd

At this point the phone's external sd card will open up in mass storage mode (so you can use it just like a usb drive). Be advised that mass storage and MTP cannot mount the SD card at the same time so MTP will show the SD card with folders empty and something like -1330850028 bytes of storage - don't panic, this is normal since, again, it can only be mounted one place at a time.​

Code:
    To get back to MTP:
    1) While still plugged in via USB
    2) Open a command prompt
    3) Type: adb shell unmountsd

Q: Why can't I "adb remount"?
    A: This is a symptom of the locked down kernel. We've created a workaround for now.
    Code:
    To set /system as R/W, in a terminal or command prompt type:
    adb shell
    su
    sysrw
    Code:
    To set /system back to R/O, in a terminal or command prompt type:
    adb shell
    su
    sysro

Q: How do I lower the WiFi transmit power?
    A: Do the following
    Code:
    We've added iwconfig. This lets you set wifi transmit power. Download "wifi tx power" from play store or run the following commands:

adb shell iwconfig wlan0 txpower X
    X == txpower(in dBm). 32/25/18/11/4

To make sure it set run :
    adb shell iwconfig

and look at TX-Power (3rd row down)

Q: What other tools does this ROM have
    A:
    • Native Wireshark app support
    • RUN THESE FROM INSIDE ADB SHELL:
    • Latencytop - For latency monitoring
    • htop - A system monitor
    • Powertop - Run with screen off to show number of wakes per second (helpful for finding rogue processes, batt drain, SODs, etc)
    • We also added the following text editors:
    • vim
    • nano

Q: Why doesn't this ROM have ___________ feature?
    A: We listen to our users, so please leave us a polite request in the forums and we'll see what we can do about incorporating it

Q: This ROM is awesome! Will you have my baby?
    A: No, but we do take a significant amount of time away from our wives/families to work on these ROM tweaks so that you don't have to. Donations help keep us motivated to continue to do so.

Synergy-S3_19Apr13_1622_r484_s.zip (MD5: ed8c052395919200d7ba3f78cf2436dc) http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22909751817930554

This build contains a lot of fixes from the previous release and a bunch of new additions, as well as our exclusive new extension to Synergy’s floating multiwindows: Titlebar control. You can now access the titlebar control options via the display settings. We've got it coded so that the titlebars are not turned on until you go in there and pick the option you want. Trev's got more about this in his post below.

We've also added new logic in the way we automatically detect your carrier in AROMA. We don’t want to give everyone free reign to flash any GSM carrier on a CDMA board and vice versa as it will aggravate the carriers. But since like 10 different carriers all use the ATT board and recovery, for example, we needed to figure out a way to show some of the smaller US and Canadian carriers some love too, while still automating carrier detection for you in AROMA. Starting with this release every time you flash you should get a prompt saying we’ve detected several props trying to pin down your general board/recovery (may not always be exactly your carrier – this is ok) and list the carriers specific to your device’s CPU board. Just pick your carrier from the generated list and you’ll be good to go. For example, if you’re on T-Mobile and you see that we detected you as ATT, that’s ok. Just pick T-Mo that’s listed there as a carrier option and roll with it. That may all sound kinda confusing but it’s really simple once you flash and see what shows up in AROMA. We added a ton of new carriers to this build as well. If yours isn't listed or if you small carrier guys have data or wifi issues (since I can’t test myself) then PM me a stock build from your carrier and we’ll work with you to either get you added in or work to solve the issues.

We've also added new AOSP-ish (light), Synergy Recommended, and Fully Bloated (heavy) quick install options in AROMA for easy ‘click and go’ installations. Custom is also still there, of course. And we've added a bunch of new toys in AROMA so enjoy the added installation options. Also exciting is we've added a file explorer right in AROMA (w00t!). It’s pretty slick so check it out. It’s in the Synergy toolbox in AROMA. Give it a whirl when you need a powerful and handy file browser/explorer when you’re in AROMA without having to fully boot to the OS or mess with adb push/pull in recovery.

Lots of other goodness too. Bug fixes galore. New TrevE Wifi Tether app with MAC spoofing (see his post for more), the Ziggy kernel now fully works for the T-Mo guys (about frickin time), and Dormant mode now fully works, just enable the notification toggle and access it through there (thanks andybones for the logic!)

Finally, I know some of you were expecting to see features or additions that aren't listed above. One of the challenges for any dev is knowing when to stop, drop the hammer, and kick out a release. We've got tons more stuff lined up for you guys – including something pretty exciting I've been working on that I just couldn't get done in time for this release – so be patient and you may see the feature you've been wanting in the next release. In fact if it wasn't for TrevE – who was awesome with this build as always – I would probably never release as I've always got more and more things I want to add and so I have a hard time tying off a build. He's good about keeping me on pace with releases. Also, if timezone is still wrong then just force time to be manually rather than automatically set.

As always, thanks to you guys (and the moderators!) for keeping the thread awesome and helping each other out respectfully.

Changelog:
    • Exclusive new Synergy floating multiwindow titlebar controls options in settings
    • New AOSP-ish, Synergy Recommended, and Fully Bloated install options in AROMA
    • Added a file manager and explorer to AROMA (in the Synergy toolbox)
    • New AROMA options (including some stuff from CyanogenMod)
    • New TrevE Wife Tether with MAC spoofing options
    • Dormant mode now works (can access though the notification toggle – Thanks andybones for logic!)
    • Ziggy kernel wifi finally working for the T-Mobile guys (freaking finally)
    • New carrier auto-detection logic in AROMA
    • Added support for many more carriers
    • Fix rotating launcher (if you don’t want this then turn off ‘Auto Rotation’ toggle in notification drawer)
    • Fix copy/paste
    • Fix fibit Bluetooth softboot issues
    • Fix widget drawer crashes
    • Fix AllShare and Samsung account login issues
    • More debloat/system optimizations
    • Some Llama/Tasker fixes (this is a weird one and it seems lots of people are getting different results)
    • Some re-theming in AROMA for easier use
    • Fix NFL mobile sign in issues (if it fails the first time you open, close then try again and it should work)
    • New Play Store (they’re going to force this on you eventually anyway so deal with it)
    • Other miscellaneous tweaks, bug fixes, and app/hosts updates
    Synergy-S3_30Mar13_0726_r443_s.zip (MD5: 8aec78767a4abd230ca8dae581280674) http://beta.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390381098556457116

Team Synergy has always been providing their users with mods found nowhere else. Longtime Synergy users will remember when we first caught and blocked CarrierIQ or when we created the Godmode EXT2 wrapper. Synergy was the first S3 ROM to fully block all Samsung root loggers, the first to bring PDroid to Touchwiz 4.1.1, and the first to bring multiwindow to US S3 users.

Well today we at Team Synergy are pleased to announce what we feel is one of the most exciting new features available today in the Android universe: Full floating multitasking windows:

B5hKoV0.png

Team member TrevE has been a madman these last few days finishing this up for us and we couldn't be happier with the result. With this new multiwindow function, you can have multiple apps open in their own independent, resizable windows that can even be minimized/maximized, pinned to the foreground, and even closed right from their taskbars. It's almost like running Windows 7, OSX, or Linux right on your phone!

While the S3 is only limited by screen real estate, this functionality could open doors to similar functionality in tablets. Imagine the possibilities... TrevE has all the details in the post below and reading his entire post is required.

Kangers be advised: This effort took us a lot of work and time. The new mod required us to stitch together 4 different frameworks across several platforms, as well as writing our own original code from scratch. This is not how things are supposed to work for multiwindow; this is our own unique spin on its functionality. We had to write the resize method ourselves. The minimize code was specially done by us. The mod itself is heavily ID-based so you will need a lot of our framework if you intend on using this feature. Not to mention the fact that we have our own Synergy toolkit which memory optimizes all framework and apks files with our own signature. If you take our files, we will know. As such, we would ask you guys to seek our permission when using this feature, as well as give appropriate credit in accordance with XDA rules. Anyone using our framework needs to explicitly mention that their multiwindow ROM is based on the 'Synergy Multiwindow Framework' since it is not found anywhere else in the universe.

Alright, enough about multiwindow. We're psyched about it, but this build includes lots of other fixes as well. Changelog below.

Also, lots of people aren't seeing the timezone bug, but perhaps a few still are (where the phone thinks you're one hour ahead). We're trying to pin this down but it's been difficult to replicate so if you see this issue, be sure to set your time to manual rather than network defined until we get a chance to look into it further.

Changelog:
    • New free-floating multiwindows based on the hybrid Synergy 4.1.2 framework
    • Remaining 4.1.2 apps merged in
    • Email crashing problems fixed
    • Blocking mode fixed, thanks to our boy andybones!
    • Ziggy kernel should now flash properly for you T-Mobile guys
    • ICS blue theme (I got tired of half green, half blue so I decided to go all blue for a clean, consistent look)
    • New Youtube mod, courtesy of theos0o
    • Added S-Voice from the S4 leak (this was posted everywhere since all you had to do was change API levels and sign properly - if only all S4 apps were this easy to port)
    • Fix S-Memo
    • Fix HDR camera mode
    • Hopeful MMS fix from Sprint users (thanks to Hero for sending us the original files; our framework is a frankenstein so merging them in was a bit tough - hopefully it works for you guys!)
    • Fix stock green battery icons
    • More debloat
    • Some other bug fixes, cleanup, and app/hosts updates
    Synergy-S3_25Feb13_0527_r373_s.zip (MD5: 9fb7152fa1be83d7b97a386cc8d170cc) http://beta.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390331926465740974

Pretty significant changelog in this release, so hopefully things are pretty stable for you guys. First, the thanks. Yea I know it's like getting a present with a card attached and nobody wants to read the card so you just pretend to skim over it before you get to the good stuff, but a lot of people really spent a lot of time on this update making it run better than ever before and they deserve props. As you know TrevE finally got his hands on a device and has been going on a tear adding new toys and cleaning up TONS of issues on the back end. He's always been a great asset to team Synergy; we're lucky to have him around. Same goes for Ziggy. He spent two weeks flashing a hundred times a day (no exaggeration) to get his S3 kernel running better than anything I have ever run in the past. You guys should see insane battery life on this release. Also check your deep sleep times and be amazed with his work. There were so many others who pitched in this ROM (Didact74 again) as well as a ton of you for testing. I wish I could name you all personally, but you know who you are. Thanks for helping us work out the bugs with this release.

For starters, Samsung and the carriers have all sorts of checks on the back end to see if you're rooted, running a custom ROM, or have made any modifications to /system. Often times Android devs (us included at times) will do a mod and as soon as it works, they run with it. But there are numerous instances in which stuff is broken behind the scenes and you don't even know it. This build includes some serious patches on the back end which make things run properly and phone home correctly without raising red flags to Samsung or your carrier. TrevE has a post below with more info about this. Point is: You can trust Synergy to be clean, secure, and free of any behind-the-scenes nonsense.

Now to answer the questions I know you're already gonna ask: Ink effect is now sorta fixed (all colors work, including the 'none' option, but the color flash still happens. We took a long look at this one and it's still evading us at the moment. The math they use in the ink effect is weird...

Glance view: We have (and actually have had for the last several builds now) the framework working to support this. In fact we were able to kick it off with adb commands at our will, but hovering your hand over the sensor didn't quite work and it's actually gonna be a nasty hack to get fully working. We're still looking at it, but no promises on when or if we fully get it working.

Also, The reason we asked about your CPU revisions earlier in the thread is because some of you guys are running different revs and they handle voltages differently. Bad news for you guys on rev 4: You can't adjust your voltages. Samsung hard-coded them right into the CPU. You can try to change them all you want, but they aren't going to stick. You're probably stuck with stock. We've added scripting to AROMA which will tell you your CPU revision you have and if you can't adjust voltages, we'll tell you right there in AROMA so pay attention.

Open Pdroid has also been merged into our already existing PDroid capabilities. This is great news for those following the Open PDroid story. Head over here to give those guys thanks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36678558 You should also be advised that we've changed the way that we install /data apps. They won't start pouring into your app drawer until about 30 seconds after first boot. This is the proper way to do it and will help a lot of you guys out that are seeing problems from dirty flashes. The AOSP lockscreen has also been fixed. In fact, we've forced it so that only the AOSP option OR the ripple effect can be checked at a time - not both. If you want to use one, you gotta go uncheck the other. Ripple is forced by default.

Finally, our AROMA is also significantly improved. Too many changes to list them all out but the biggest things are a new toolbox which you can use to change ROM and kernel settings without having to reflash the entire ROM (w00t) and if you choose the Ziggy kernel on flash you will get a new screen in which you can change frequencies and voltages.

The full changelog for this release is huge. You can see the list of all of our SVN commits since r326 here (http://www.ziggy471.com/changelog_r372.txt) if you'd like, otherwise you can just check the list of only the biggest stuff below

Changelog - This is only a partial changelog, if you wish to see all commits since the last build then go here (http://www.ziggy471.com/changelog_r372.txt):
    • Improved support for GSM devices
    • Synergy now passes all background carrier compliance checks / CSC verification (and still passes the Samsung root checkers)
    • Improved activation bypass support (when this option is selected the Setup screen will still load for a few seconds – it needs to do this in order to pass some checks properly)
    • Lots of changes to AROMA
    • If you choose Ziggy kernel on custom install you will now get a new screen to set OC levels and voltages
    • New additions in the form of a Synergy toolbox in AROMA (make changes to the ROM here without having to reflash the entire ROM)
    • New options in AROMA for Note 2 keyboard, emoji keyboard, and some other stuff
    • Updated all apps, as well as Polaris office from Note 2 (this Polaris is actually pretty sweet, check it out)
    • New Ziggy kernel
    • Battery icon can be changed on the fly in Settings – Display (Thanks once again to smali master Didact74!)
    • Ink lockscreen sorta fixed (screen still flashes sometimes, but all colors work)
    • New Ziggy kernel with drastically improved deep sleep functionality
    • Added in OpenPdroid support to our already existing PDroid port
    • AOSP lockscreen fixed (only AOSP or ripple effect can be checked at a time, not both)
    • Over 50 bug fixes