Darthstalker ROM -- All things not development related--

Search This thread

bigtom624

Jun 23, 2010
Philadelphia Pa.

tmjohnsonfse

Dec 23, 2011
Dallas
Hey guys been using this ROM for awile. I recently flashed a 4.2 ROM and know my GPS won't lock on I had made a back up before flashing ROM and reverted back to backup after I decided to switch back to this rom. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I know I read a similar post recently with same issue. I think the fix was using Odin to flash back to stock ROM/Kernel and staying from scratch. I'm out now, but when I get home I'll see if I can find the link for you. Easier to search on computer or table, my eyes are getting to old for the small text on the phone. I still feel young though. Middle age blows :thumbdown:

Sent from my AT100 using xda premium

goater1220

Jan 15, 2011
ohio
Anyone use the app tasker if so have there been any problems. I'm having some issues with a profile of made. Also is there a way to make the home button just turn the screen on and not close an app your in?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

AppzTheGawd

Dec 16, 2012
Signal icon

Don't know if its just me but when in an area with exceptional signal my bars don't even move, But the phone moves lightning fast. I'm on simple mobile don't know if it has anything to do with it.

tmjohnsonfse

Dec 23, 2011
Dallas
Don't know if its just me but when in an area with exceptional signal my bars don't even move, But the phone moves lightning fast. I'm on simple mobile don't know if it has anything to do with it.

What do you mean by lightning fast? If you're in area with good signal the signal bars shouldn't move should they. I've only had my gs3 for a few months and my old phone was a pos on a Nextel network where I never had good signal. The old commercial - Can you here me now, my answer - No mother***er.

AppzTheGawd

Dec 16, 2012
What do you mean by lightning fast? If you're in area with good signal the signal bars shouldn't move should they. I've only had my gs3 for a few months and my old phone was a pos on a Nextel network where I never had good signal. The old commercial - Can you here me now, my answer - No mother***er.

I mean they don't move like the re are no bars at all. Like when yo enter your basement you see your bars drop. Move like that. also "lightning fast" such as 4g and when it is on 4g I see no bars.

qais9

Dec 9, 2011
Chicago
Does anyone have a flashable (zip) stock kernel?
I have looked and looked with no luck, I mean I can always just re flash the rom, but wanted to explore other alternatives first.

Thanks for creating this thread btw.

Here's a link to the stock kernel, you can experiment and flash this back if needed...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33326881

AppzTheGawd

Dec 16, 2012
Only Surprises

Jovy should never ever post he' coming out with a new update lol, it should just be surprises starting from now lol. You can't say i'm coming over on wednesday and then get mad if you get a call on wednesday and are asked where are you.

tmjohnsonfse

Dec 23, 2011
Dallas
I mean they don't move like the re are no bars at all. Like when yo enter your basement you see your bars drop. Move like that. also "lightning fast" such as 4g and when it is on 4g I see no bars.

Now I get it, that is strange. Have you tried the obvious of wiping cache/dalvik cache and fixing permissions. The only time I've had weird things happen is when I've been flashing different themes and I then I have to start over fresh. I finally learned a lesson though, when I first load a new ROM and get it set up I immediately create a backup. Then I can try anything I want with the option to restore without have to through the setup each time. I doing know why I never thought of that before, sometimes it's the easy things that get overlooked. I hope you can figure it out.

AppzTheGawd

Dec 16, 2012
Now I get it, that is strange. Have you tried the obvious of wiping cache/dalvik cache and fixing permissions. The only time I've had weird things happen is when I've been flashing different themes and I then I have to start over fresh. I finally learned a lesson though, when I first load a new ROM and get it set up I immediately create a backup. Then I can try anything I want with the option to restore without have to through the setup each time. I doing know why I never thought of that before, sometimes it's the easy things that get overlooked. I hope you can figure it out.

I always clean flash everything i don't mind the initial set up every update. yeah I fixed permissions. I hate themes never use em and i back up everything. I guess in=ts not a problem because its only cosmetic... the bars not static it just doesn't move as much as i've seen on any other rom iv'e tried oh well.

tmjohnsonfse

Dec 23, 2011
Dallas
Jovy should never ever post he' coming out with a new update lol, it should just be surprises starting from now lol. You can't say i'm coming over on wednesday and then get mad if you get a call on wednesday and are asked where are you.

Have you never had a time when you thought you were done with something and then at the last moment you're like, maybe I just need to do one more thing and it will be perfect and 2 days later you're still messing with it? I know I have, I personally like things to be perfect. I build gaming computers as a hobby in my spare time and I have spent days just to get the cable management perfect. People who buy my systems know that and that is why they buy from me, plus I don't charge much for my time because it's my hobby. Jovy doesn't owe us anything, these developers spend countless hours working on these roms for us and they may get an occasional donation. We should be thankful that we get anything. We could be stuck with stock bloated software. Personally I would rather wait for as long as it took, then to get something that isn't as good as it can be.

AppzTheGawd

Dec 16, 2012
Have you never had a time when you thought you were done with something and then at the last moment you're like, maybe I just need to do one more thing and it will be perfect and 2 days later you're still messing with it? I know I have, I personally like things to be perfect. I build gaming computers as a hobby in my spare time and I have spent days just to get the cable management perfect. People who buy my systems know that and that is why they buy from me, plus I don't charge much for my time because it's my hobby. Jovy doesn't owe us anything, these developers spend countless hours working on these roms for us and they may get an occasional donation. We should be thankful that we get anything. We could be stuck with stock bloated software. Personally I would rather wait for as long as it took, then to get something that isn't as good as it can be.

I'm not saying we should not be grateful, but I seen days and times he's said. I never rush anything I'm not even on version X. I don't build cpu but I do alot of other things like hack consoles flash firmware ace-cards and things of that nature. I am done when i'm done I wont set a time and i will give it to you when i know its ready. I read a lot of threads and developers say don't ask eta questions, but when the dev themselves says things like ill have it you tuesday at 12 the excited flashaholic (not me) will post reckless questions like crazy which is why his thread blew up the way it did. I guess they feel like "oh the dev gave us a time so its okay to ask now". I like and appreciate his rom, its one of the best all i'm saying is if you tell some people a time they will bombard you. Just release it surprise us. Especially when your rom is one of the best people will act like crackheads until they get it. Respect to him though for not bailing though.

tmjohnsonfse

Dec 23, 2011
Dallas
I'm not saying we should not be grateful, but I seen days and times he's said. I never rush anything I'm not even on version X. I don't build cpu but I do alot of other things like hack consoles flash firmware ace-cards and things of that nature. I am done when i'm done I wont set a time and i will give it to you when i know its ready. I read a lot of threads and developers say don't ask eta questions, but when the dev themselves says things like ill have it you tuesday at 12 the excited flashaholic (not me) will post reckless questions like crazy which is why his thread blew up the way it did. I guess they feel like "oh the dev gave us a time so its okay to ask now". I like and appreciate his rom, its one of the best all i'm saying is if you tell some people a time they will bombard you. Just release it surprise us. Especially when your rom is one of the best people will act like crackheads until they get it. Respect to him though for not bailing though.

I completely understand what you're saying and I agree,

Reactions: Qverse

Qverse

Apr 29, 2006
I completely understand what you're saying and I agree,

I also agree and because it has been sort of the The Perfect ROM. There not much if any complains about it.. Other then coming from other ROMs and not really doing proper clean install. So people are people and complain complain.
And being on the waiting end some people just can't take. But I think one Word could described what happened. :cool:

an·tic·i·pate (n-ts-pt)
v. an·tic·i·pat·ed, an·tic·i·pat·ing, an·tic·i·pates
v.tr.
1. To feel or realize beforehand; foresee: hadn't anticipated the crowds at the zoo.
2. To look forward to, especially with pleasure; expect: anticipated a pleasant hike in the country.
3. To deal with beforehand; act so as to mitigate, nullify, or prevent: anticipated the storm by boarding up the windows. See Synonyms at expect.
4. To cause to happen in advance; accelerate.

Reactions: edit28

ScottBroker

Jul 12, 2011

I totally agree. Jovy's roms are great. But I think he said an update would be out a week ago at midnight, and nothing.... Do not post an eta. When it is ready, just release it. I was on a different rom a week ago, restored my JOVY Rom so I could dirty flasy the ne X1 the next morning. Now 1 week later and still waiting. I appreciate all the work and the fine Rom, just do not say you will have it out at .....

edboy21

Apr 27, 2010
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I totally agree. Jovy's roms are great. But I think he said an update would be out a week ago at midnight, and nothing.... Do not post an eta. When it is ready, just release it. I was on a different rom a week ago, restored my JOVY Rom so I could dirty flasy the ne X1 the next morning. Now 1 week later and still waiting. I appreciate all the work and the fine Rom, just do not say you will have it out at .....

Jovy likes to tease us before he releases an update, which builds up the anticipation. He can't really control unexpected things that happens during the development process. Just be patient and thankful that he is a very active developer that keeps providing us with great updates, so no need to flame him for not releasing an update on the said date. It's better to wait and fix the kinks of the rom, rather than flood his thread with complaints. :cool:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

AppzTheGawd

Dec 16, 2012
I don't think he intentionally meant to tease because no one likes teasers they suck to the 11th power.

Sent from my SGH-T999

mgbotoe

Lmao well we cant be bad...he was going to update in thread but had some mishaps ... If you say you are coming over Wednesday but our mother in law unexpectedly drops on you than yaaa gotta get rid of them first...

I do know what you mean though I get all excited and sad later lol

Reactions: Qverse

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I figured I would start this thread so that we can move all the non-development talk out of the development section. I hope people will use it so that when something that pertains to development is talked about it will be easier to find. We can discuss what kernels gives best battery life, which ones work and which one break things. We can post about our favorite apps, widgets, wallpapers, or how the weather is outside. Maybe someone will get help on an issue they are having. We can discuss anything within the guidelines of XDA, lets just try to help keep Jovy's thread clean.

I'll start, has anyone had an issue when coming out of sleep the screen is dim and you have to go into brightness and tap it to make it work? I think maybe I set my clock frequency to low or maybe I should be using a different governor. Another issue that bugs me is when I have ripple effect set and use a black background for my lockscreen the borders of the screen look slightly grey. I have read posts about this and by turning off ripple effect the color is like it should be. I like the ripple effect and I like black backgrounds, does anyone know about a fix for this, or does anyone notice this issue on their phone.

Here's the link to the Darthstalker ROM if you read this post and want to check out the actual ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2014442

I am not the developer of this ROM, all credit for this great ROM goes to jovy23 and those he's listed in his OP.

~ Todd

Man, the development thread is going downhill dude. Can't type a single thing without someone putting their red eye on you.

That is the exact reason I created this thread. The last time when the new update was going to drop there was so much noise in the dev thread that it was hard to follow. The development thread should only be for development topics and feedback on bugs people find and this thread is for everything else. I read this thread looking for comments on what mod are working, what kernels are people using, etc...... I read the Dev thread looking for bugs people are experiencing, updates from jovy,etc..... I just hope that jovy doesn't get pissed off from some of the comments in the dev thread and stop working on it. I used to run frosty ROM until dj quit working on it because some people were being rude/ungrateful and he shut it down. I don't blame anyone who is doing something for free and gets insulted because something isn't right. I know I can't do what these guys provide for us for free and I am grateful they provide something that makes our phones better. If I wanted stock phone I would have bought an iPhone. Rules are rules, not that they are all good, but when you're in someone else's house you follow their rules good or bad and if people would understand this it wouldn't be so frustrating. Problem is the trolls that want to flame threads just to get reactions and they are good at it. It's the internet and it's easy to be a internet tough guy.

Naw stock everything. I use ROM toolbox pro to uninstall system apps but I guess it is damaging something in the process ... I'll manually remove and then push non inverted gmail

I use RU Pro (Root uninstaller pro) to uninstall it or just rename to Gmail2.bak.. and i manually pushed the Gmail2.apk I like. I have done it to all of Jovys ROM .. I have tried many different themed Gmail .. ver 4.2.1 and 4.1. I like this transparent better . Here . Just re-name
    and push ..
    Does anyone have a flashable (zip) stock kernel?
    I have looked and looked with no luck, I mean I can always just re flash the rom, but wanted to explore other alternatives first.

Thanks for creating this thread btw.

Here's a link to the stock kernel, you can experiment and flash this back if needed...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33326881

Hey guys been using this ROM for awile. I recently flashed a 4.2 ROM and know my GPS won't lock on I had made a back up before flashing ROM and reverted back to backup after I decided to switch back to this rom. Any suggestions on how to fix?

This is what I followed to get my GPS back. It does work.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2111306