Thanks Meter: 74

By Super2cool, Senior Member on 24th December 2012, 12:28 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
24th February 2013, 02:26 AM |#541  
Flag Narnia
Thanks Meter: 255

More
Re: Why Teens Don't Need a Smartphone
Why don't we list why adults don't need smart phones... Crap like this is why your kids hate you.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

24th February 2013, 03:18 AM |#542  
Account currently disabled
Flag Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 101,482

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire2425

Why don't we list why adults don't need smart phones... Crap like this is why your kids hate you.

When did kids begin hating adults?
24th February 2013, 03:31 AM |#543  
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,529

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo

When did kids begin hating adults?

When they started thinking that all teenagers shouldn't have smartphones.
24th February 2013, 03:33 AM |#544  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:

You are one spoiled sonofabitch. Smartphones are common, but that doesn't mean a child is entitled to them. Stuff like this is why so many people have debt problems because they don't understand the value of money. Don't be stingy, but don't be extravagant.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 03:40 AM |#545  
Flag Modesto, Cali
Thanks Meter: 1,353

More
Quote:

OK, to appease the poor teenagers android needs, we all must provide the essential tool of a smartphone. If you lost your job, barley making ends meet, no excuse parents. Ring up them credit cards, rob a liquor store, do what every it takes! No teen shall lack on facebook, temple run, or Tapatalk no more!

Sent from the phalanges of my hand to the facet of your cranium.
24th February 2013, 03:56 AM |#546  
Flag ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Thanks Meter: 1,753

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayTheWolf

When they started thinking that all teenagers shouldn't have smartphones.

Exhibit A for the opposition.
24th February 2013, 05:34 AM |#547  
Flag Nashik
Thanks Meter: 508

More
why teens dont need a smartphone?
adults dont need smartphones. i bet 70/100 adults wont even know how to install a apk with package installer. they wont even know the name of OS running their phone. They dont even know what mobile they use. To them black colored Motorola or white color Samsung phone is the model name, asking what company iPhone the other bought. Ask then what android version their phone is running they will say 4.0.4 or 2.3.3 they will never even know that it is ICS or gingerbread.

About the article. The article is about your teen does not need an iPhone and not your teen does not need a smartphone. Clearly you are a adult and as i said earlier that adults lack info. iPhone is no smartphone it is failphone.

You said:
"I know that the only thing he might actually do with it just access facebook and twitter and just play some stupid games."
1. Dont tell me you dont access facebook or twitter from your phone
2. Games are not stupid. People who think games are stupid are stupid.

If you open of profiles of developers be it android or windows, etc. you will see that most of them are about 16 or 17, many are about 20-25 and very less are "adults with teens". That knowledge was bestowed upon them by God or opening facebook and twitter and playing stupid games seems to teach them development right? NO. They know how to do it because they were given smartphones and they picked up interest in development. Even if some teen is not a developer it does not mean that he/she does not deserve a smartphone. Smartphones can be useful in many other ways. You can contact your friend for some doubt-solving on the night before exam, etc. What you said is like you should be given water to drink but not allowed urinate because then you will have to flush or clean the toilet the next day. Everything has its own pros and cons. Here the pros are more so why not give your teen a phone?

What use do adults have of smartphone if they are not smartphone enthusiast/techie/developer/or need to work on the go? It is a waste of money to get smartphones for adults ( :banghead: excluding the adult developers on XDA..).So now quit reading and get a f*cking smartphone for your kid.
24th February 2013, 11:23 AM |#548  
Flag Gingertown
Thanks Meter: 825

More
CnC u rock man!!!!!

wanna thank xda? here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361705004084.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1756635  
24th February 2013, 11:32 AM |#549  
Flag Metković
Thanks Meter: 467

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnC-ROCK

adults dont need smartphones. i bet 70/100 adults wont even know how to install a apk with package installer. they wont even know the name of OS running their phone. They dont even know what mobile they use. To them black colored Motorola or white color Samsung phone is the model name, asking what company iPhone the other bought. Ask then what android version their phone is running they will say 4.0.4 or 2.3.3 they will never even know that it is ICS or gingerbread.

About the article. The article is about your teen does not need an iPhone and not your teen does not need a smartphone. Clearly you are a adult and as i said earlier that adults lack info. iPhone is no smartphone it is failphone.

You said:
"I know that the only thing he might actually do with it just access facebook and twitter and just play some stupid games."

If you open of profiles of developers be it android or windows, etc. you will see that most of them are about 16 or 17, many are about 20-25 and very less are "adults with teens". That knowledge was bestowed upon them by God or opening facebook and twitter and playing stupid games seems to teach them development right? NO. They know how to do it because they were given smartphones and they picked up interest in development. Even if some teen is not a developer it does not mean that he/she does not deserve a smartphone. Smartphones can be useful in many other ways. You can contact your friend for some doubt-solving on the night before exam, etc. What you said is like you should be given water to drink but not allowed urinate because then you will have to flush or clean the toilet the next day. Everything has its own pros and cons. Here the pros are more so why not give your teen a phone?

What use do adults have of smartphone if they are not smartphone enthusiast/techie/developer/or need to work on the go? It is a waste of money to get smartphones for adults ( :banghead: excluding the adult developers on XDA..).So now quit reading and get a f*cking smartphone for your kid.

I agree with you. I am 13 years old. I dont play games (some for fun). I dont have facebook. I have two ports of roms. I better understand in android then my bro that has 27 years (and he also have smartphone). He knows better in PC. This is my first smartphone which I have half year and I paid it 25$ (new one). And also I have good grades in school and I am not fat and I go out to play. Goodbye.

Sent from my GT-S5570I using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 01:04 PM |#550  
Thanks Meter: 1,386

Donate to Me
More
Even teenagers and adults should have a phone that fits them. The problem is NOT having a smartphone, but being a c_ck.
There is no problem until their 'life' is not their smartphone.

But please, do not become a Samsung, Sony or iFag. They are those, who should not have a smartphone.

Sent from my E15i using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 03:13 PM |#551  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Batu Pahat, Johor
Thanks Meter: 3,783

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnC-ROCK

You said:

Tell me, if a smartphone is needed to make calls, text and etc, why not get them a dumbphone ? If they need if for the basics of a cell phone, why get them a smartphone ? Also the bit about the adults and development part. Almost every adult on the face of the earth drives a car. Doesn't mean all of them will know their car inside out. Just ask the average driver where's the spark plug or what type of engine they have, how many can answer ? Chances are, a few experienced guys. Still, just because they dont know what they really have, doesn't mean they shouldn't drive cars.

Also, let's all be a bit mature here about the iphone. It is a smartphone. We wouldn't be where we are with android devices today if they didn't ignite a trail of what a smartphone is. We would still be using keypads if they didn't give every OEM a kick in the backside to get in gear and evolve into super machines.

Im 16 and I've experienced the pros and cons of smartphones. It is not a right, but a privilege to own one and i highly disagrer with the notation that teens or kids NEED a smartphone. A normal one will do if they need it for basic nessesaties.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread