What device introduced you to the Android world?

Search This thread

hammad-zafar

Feb 19, 2013
HTC Desire

For me HTC Desire was the first device with android. At that time i were writing XML for an application. But the thing is i fell in love with HTC and i still love this device.

olembw

Feb 20, 2013
Nexus S

The Nokia N82 is a kind of smartphone, but when I started using the Nexus S there was no point in looking back. Still using the same Nexus S, it may be old but it is fast enough - Android & Slim Bean all the way =)

edoha

Jan 6, 2013
Galaxy S2 I9100, but now I need dual sim phone, momentary with B92M but unsatisfied with so bad battery

GQnerd

Feb 20, 2013
Chicago
my first post here in XDA.

I come in peace from another planet "Apple" and would like to make peace with the people of Android..

Galaxy SIII is my first phone that I have owned. I love it and I am loving Android! :D

Reactions: rip9150 and serio22

lzzar

Feb 10, 2012
Vimmerby
Sv: What device introduced you to the Android world?

Xperia x8 got me tired of eclair and I knew there were newer versions of android so I did the usual google search and found out that you had to do it manually (cm7). After that, reading Guides in the evening about rooting, unlocking, flashing, developing became standard and today I own a Optimus 3D running CM10.1 and I even developed my own ROM.

Sent from my 3D phone.

twinturbo16

Feb 24, 2013
Re: [BENCHMARKS] All benchmark results @ one place

My htc droid eris did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

rokk09

Jul 14, 2009
Running android on the samsung omnia first tempted me.and then came the HTCs :D

Sent from my HD2 using xda app-developers app

Samak

Jun 26, 2012
Siliguri
Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V is my first android & am still using it <3

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using Tapatalk 2

raafraaf

Aug 27, 2010
I'll always pleasantly remember the HTC HD2 ... even though I never had one!

Actually a close friend of mine had the HD2 ... and one day I came across a thread on XDA on how to boot Android on HD2 - I challenged my friend to get it done ... next thing I know he's done it and for the next few times we met most of the time was spent discussing this new OS.

I couldn't resist any longer and I got myself a Motorola Milestone which was my first Android phone - loved it and loved Android - never looked back since then. Currently using Galaxy S2 (I had a Desire in between).

Waiting for the Galaxy S4 or Note 3 to upgrade.

Cheers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I remember back in the days, when the phones actually were used for phone calls and maybe couple of texts. I'm not that old school, at least at she 30, I still consider myself pretty young. Growing up, racing cars was my passion. After becoming an adult, getting married and having kids, everything changed for me. Couldn't spend the amount of cash I used to on cars. So I decided to sell my car. And with having experience only on couple flip phones, including the EXE, I decided to order a blackberry Curve 8330. I stated getting interest in the tweaking and messing with it. Updating firmwares was about the most exciting thing I was doing back them. One day I walked in a radio shack store, and there it was, the HTC HD2. Immediately feel in love with the big screen and design. It was love at first sight. Being a windows phone didn't matter at the time, since I was not familiar with the Android world, so I didn't know better. Then, came across XDA, and everything changed. Started reading about Android and the goodies that it had, and found out that there was a way to boot Android on my device from the as card. Had the first taste, and never looked back. Currently own a Samsung galaxy Note, running ICS 4.0.4, and I'm loving it.
    That's the way I was introduced to this amazing world, with all this amazing people, willing to sacrifice time with the family and restless nights cooking awesome software for people that they not even know, and many times aren't even grateful of their job. Thanks Android, for giving me a great opportunity of interacting with awesome and brilliant people. And grateful for this great hobby.
    my first post here in XDA.

I come in peace from another planet "Apple" and would like to make peace with the people of Android..

Galaxy SIII is my first phone that I have owned. I love it and I am loving Android! :D
    for me it was the HTC G1, Edge speed on At&t was awful but I really loved the phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
    June 2010 I got the Motorola backflip I feel in love with Android but after the first 6 months the processor at 528 mhz was unbearably slow. The great devs created cm7 for it which just barley made it bearable to wait until February when my contract was up. I had no problems moving from the 3.1in screen to the 5.2 in screen on the note. I still think having the keyboard on the back than flipping backwards is the best design for a phone with a keyboard.
    Dell streak and really soon Samsung galaxy SL

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium