Killer feature : 2xfront speaker + infra remote control + ultrapixel with OIS.

Search This thread

unixon

Nov 8, 2012
Metro Detroit
I like the idea of over 450 pixels per inch. But I know that HTC is going to do something with the Tegra 4 and leave the buyers of this in the dust. I also do in fact enjoy being able to revert to Stock from Sense or whatever, so if I do get another HTC it will be one with a perfectly stable official CM build.

I think that HTC makes the best looking hardware personally. I also think they explore a lot more in the media tech department than any other manufacturer in mobile. While NFC and Wireless Charging are cool, I really don't use them, like, ever. I wish them luck on this, nobody else is really innovating the mediacentric side of Android. Other than OUYA, that stuff is pretty cool. I preordered mine :D.

Maedhros

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
I like the idea of over 450 pixels per inch. But I know that HTC is going to do something with the Tegra 4 and leave the buyers of this in the dust. I also do in fact enjoy being able to revert to Stock from Sense or whatever, so if I do get another HTC it will be one with a perfectly stable official CM build.

I think that HTC makes the best looking hardware personally. I also think they explore a lot more in the media tech department than any other manufacturer in mobile. While NFC and Wireless Charging are cool, I really don't use them, like, ever. I wish them luck on this, nobody else is really innovating the mediacentric side of Android. Other than OUYA, that stuff is pretty cool. I preordered mine :D.

T4 isn't that big of a jump from the S600. I wouldn't feel left out if they did go that route lol.

RCJ89

Oct 5, 2012
london, UK
I played with the phone for 3mins and pre ordered it, it was that good. Only drawbacks imo is lack of memory card slot or even a 64gb version in the uk like with the one x+ but the phone was so good. I still pre ordered.

Camera
video + video audio
UI
audio
speakers
speed
all on point, quite frankly I said the xperia z was the best phone before I saw the one, well the xperia z is now 2nd place. I am not even concerned about samsung s4, had all previous samsung flagships mainly due to battery life and hardware but never again, phones are so boring and cameras suck big time imo epecially audio recording on the s2/s3/note 2

strip419

Jul 18, 2012
THIS PLANET
processor to me, but any android apps thats actually demanding enough to push the hardware at all? the GPU is still the andreno 320.

An upgraded andreno 320....let's hope the 1080p resolution is not tooo much stress for it....cos am a serious gamer and those front facing speaker are the bomb.....am definitely getting it after I see good 3d benchmarks

Sent from my Desire Z using xda premium

Last edited:

jkforce

Dec 28, 2011
Camera along with HTC ZOE (awesomness), processor, design, not 5"

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

ahm12

Feb 14, 2011
IL
Camera along with HTC ZOE (awesomness), processor, design, not 5"

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

does anyone know if it has headphone amp or not??
i know it has a speaker amp, but thats none of my concerns i want an headphone amp to power beyerdynamics headphones..

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Houston, because I have a problem
An upgraded andreno 320....let's hope the 1080p resolution is not tooo much stress for it....cos am a serious gamer and those front facing speaker are the bomb.....am definitely getting it after I see good 3d benchmarks

Sent from my Desire Z using xda premium

Quadrant: 12026 (CPU: 35114, Mem: 10821, I/O 10908, 2D: 1006, 3D: 2253)

you'll have to dig around for other phones results. But remember more than just pixels are being pushed, the CPU needs to feed the GPU and handle sound/memory/AI all at once so even a lesser GPU can benefit from a CPU upgrade.

From all the vids I've watched the interface seems very smooth at 1080p so it looks like the CPU/VPU/GPU can handle it.

Last edited:

unixon

Nov 8, 2012
Metro Detroit
T4 isn't that big of a jump from the S600. I wouldn't feel left out if they did go that route lol.

Eh, who knows. It "sounds awesome" but I mean, I have never touched a Tegra 4. The Tegra 3 on my N7 offers awful performance although I'm setting my hopes higher for the OUYA Console (I preordered it c:). I really think that Nvidia can make a big catch up though. If you think about it, most high end phones really aren't lagging in the UI department, what's really pushing the phones is 3D rendering and I mean... Nvidia pretty much sets the bar on PC Graphics. That's why I have high hopes for the Tegra 4. And also just hoping it will succeed :D.

quattro_rs

Jun 21, 2008
I like nvidia I actually have 2x gtx670 on my pc but tegra was/is a failure.

Sent from my M040 using Tapatalk 2

Dr. lele

Nov 4, 2010
Moto G
Xiaomi Poco F1
Quadrant: 12026 (CPU: 35114, Mem: 10821, I/O 10908, 2D: 1006, 3D: 2253)

you'll have to dig around for other phones results. But remember more than just pixels are being pushed, the CPU needs to feed the GPU and handle sound/memory/AI all at once so even a lesser GPU can benefit from a CPU upgrade.

From all the vids I've watched the interface seems very smooth at 1080p so it looks like the CPU/VPU/GPU can handle it.

I'm kinda worried because the S3 had almost the same results in de 2D/3D department... Is that due to full hd?

http://images.fonearena.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/samsung-galaxy-s3-quadrant-576x1024.png

http://samsunggeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Quadrant-Standard.png

biohaufen

Jan 4, 2011
AW: Killer feature : 2xfront speaker + infra remote control + ultrapixel with OIS.

@Dr. lele: Yes, I also think that the reason is Full HD.
But my S3 get's around 2400 3D points in Quadrant.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Dr. lele

Nov 4, 2010
Moto G
Xiaomi Poco F1
So basically that means that the One will perform about as well in 3d games as the S3 does? I know quadrant is not that exact but the gpu scores are at least guidelines. That's kind of sad. I am not sure anymore if the fullhd is truly a positive step. Maybe 900p would have been enough and allow the one to perform better than previous phones.

xXxG0dzRAgexXx

Feb 24, 2013
Beltsville, Maryland
The best feature to me would probably be the screen. It looks amazing. I thought 720p Screens were impressive but 1080p will be great. Just worried about how well the phones processor is going to be able to power that screen. The benchmarks look good though so im not so worried.

unixon

Nov 8, 2012
Metro Detroit
Thanks to Maedhros for the headsup, Tegra 4i is the actual competition we're looking at for Snapdragons 600 line.

Last edited:

Maedhros

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/24/nvidia-tegra-4-benchmarked/

Just slamming this on the table real quick, to the guy who says that the T4 won't beat the 600.

What phones is T4 coming to...? If I'm not mistaken T4i is the Smartphone version (which isn't even A15...).

Not to mention T4 will be out end of this year. By the time its out, 800 will be in most phones. Then after that Snapdragon will have an improved SoC.

If T4 was out now, competing with the S600 then ok. But what is the point of T4 if it comes out at the end of the year?

In my books that is what makes it weaker then the 600.

EDIT:

Also see:

Tweet from Francois Piednoel (Senior Intel Engineer), talking about Atom Z2580 used in the Lenovo K900 smartphone. Maybe HTC will go with Intel next year..

#Tegra4 numbers are really low for the thermal envelop used in this tablets, on AnTuTu, Clovertrail+ is not too far with 1/4 of the power

Tegra 4, excellent Sunspider Scores, which I expected as A15 is good at javascript. When we look at the graphics section of Quadrant, Tegra 4 is not much faster, in fact it is slower in 2D.

The GLBenchmark score we must treat with CAUTION, it is not the same as the original Eygpt HD offscreen. It appears to be using a new texture type. The new test listed is called C24Z16 Offscreen ECT1, the one we know for iPad 4 etc is called C24Z16 Offscreen , we don't how this new texture type affects performance it could make faster or slower, I've emailed the GLB people to find out. Still I would not mind the T4 in a new Nexus 7, as I mainly web browse on it.

Quadrant

Tegra 4
2D - 330
3D - 2400
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...rence-phone-at-mwc-with-benchmarks-and-stats/

Snapdragon 600

2D - 1014
3D - 2279

http://runtechno.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Benchmark-Result-Quadrant-HTC-One.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: matheus_sc

paulrh

May 18, 2011
As for the speakers I don't know...
I play 99% of my games muted
I won't watch videos on it because of the battery
Listening to music through such speakers is masochism
In the pocket both will be covered by my thigh so they will sound muffled
And on the table they will be acting as a huge dust collectors

Don't forget to donate if you read my post above.

To what address can I send the specimen jar?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Camera, screen and processor (spec)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/24/nvidia-tegra-4-benchmarked/

Just slamming this on the table real quick, to the guy who says that the T4 won't beat the 600.

What phones is T4 coming to...? If I'm not mistaken T4i is the Smartphone version (which isn't even A15...).

Not to mention T4 will be out end of this year. By the time its out, 800 will be in most phones. Then after that Snapdragon will have an improved SoC.

If T4 was out now, competing with the S600 then ok. But what is the point of T4 if it comes out at the end of the year?

In my books that is what makes it weaker then the 600.

EDIT:

Also see:

Tweet from Francois Piednoel (Senior Intel Engineer), talking about Atom Z2580 used in the Lenovo K900 smartphone. Maybe HTC will go with Intel next year..

#Tegra4 numbers are really low for the thermal envelop used in this tablets, on AnTuTu, Clovertrail+ is not too far with 1/4 of the power

Tegra 4, excellent Sunspider Scores, which I expected as A15 is good at javascript. When we look at the graphics section of Quadrant, Tegra 4 is not much faster, in fact it is slower in 2D.

The GLBenchmark score we must treat with CAUTION, it is not the same as the original Eygpt HD offscreen. It appears to be using a new texture type. The new test listed is called C24Z16 Offscreen ECT1, the one we know for iPad 4 etc is called C24Z16 Offscreen , we don't how this new texture type affects performance it could make faster or slower, I've emailed the GLB people to find out. Still I would not mind the T4 in a new Nexus 7, as I mainly web browse on it.

Quadrant

Tegra 4
    2D - 330
    3D - 2400
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...rence-phone-at-mwc-with-benchmarks-and-stats/

Snapdragon 600

2D - 1014
    3D - 2279

http://runtechno.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Benchmark-Result-Quadrant-HTC-One.jpg
    On to the another topic.

Does anyone know if the IR remote in this phone is real universal remote? I mean something like Logitech universal remotes that you can "teach" any commands from any remote?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

IR is IR and is totally universal when it comes to household appliances, so yes... BUT... no.... It will be up to the application to tell the IR blaster what to send out so unless you find and app that can handle any signal then no. But from my understanding this is a well covered field and should be no problem for the phone to mimic any remote out there.

There is even an app that you can program your evens shows and the app will blast out at the proper time to change your channel with no interaction from you. Talking about lazy!!