Hooray, it is working now.
First of all I didn't know I have to push it to /system/app. Once I've done that, I changed the permission rw-r--r-- then I kept manually trying to install it and it kept failing until I saw IKBZI responds .
Rebooted my N7 and tadaaa the browser app shows up. Thank you so much both!
My apologies. I could have sworn I clicked thanks on both posts but regardless thank you both again.
In regards to the browser, I like how fast it loads but it has force close a few times. Do you guys experience that?
Edit: I think I need to learn how to follow instructions. I renamed .odex file but didn't rename .apk one. Let's see if it is more stable now...
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
No worries, I won't die for a thanks, but it's always nice to see you help someone and he "thank you" About the browser force closing, im not experiecing and haven't experienced it. What I did was copy the browser.apk and 2 new files to system/app and changed the permissions (those files were the browserproxy ones, I replaced them with the original ones, but before made a copy of the original ones since when the OTA shows up, you need to restore them).
SOLUTION: BOOKMARK SYNC ISSUE
Fyi, for anyone who is having trouble getting sync working (sync is currently experiencing problems...), check to see whether you chose to encrypt your chrome bookmarks. The sync won't work if you did. If you go to google dashboard, find the chrome section, tell it to stop syncing, then go to chrome on your desktop, go to the menu, and sign in. This time when you get prompted about what you want to sync, leave it at default of encrypting passwords only. Fixed my aosp browser sync problem instantly.
Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|