FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nabi 2 Stripped Stock ROM

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 32
 
By cyhax, Junior Member on 16th December 2012, 02:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st December 2012, 09:09 PM |#31  
Junior Member
Detroit
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
will this work for my Huawei mediapad to turn it into a nabi 2 for my kid.. just wondering
1st January 2013, 08:31 PM |#32  
GuyIncognito721's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oswego
Thanks Meter: 226
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc33

will this work for my Huawei mediapad to turn it into a nabi 2 for my kid.. just wondering

No.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
3rd January 2013, 03:26 PM |#33  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Wifi wouldn't work for me either with this ROM.
5th January 2013, 11:14 PM |#34  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
some neat stuff
I thought this would be the best placed to post this.
this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1991734 Stable version with New fonts: [30-11-2012]
(NABI2 owners -no it does not make you have JELLY BEAN!!!!!!)
I have tried this and was able to get a few things to work . like G-mail- Keyboard – clock does not fully work
-wallet doesn’t work.
-ro.sf.lcd_density changes = doesn't work
maybe someone here might take interest and want to tinker with it .
***Remove Launcher2.apk from the zip before you try it – ****
AS it says DE-ODEXED ONLY .

PS I am de-odexed with no kids mode
8th January 2013, 02:27 AM |#35  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
cyhax ya 1st post of updates slip right by me . you have been busy i see?
Maybe give a shout out leting us know you have more goodies ...lol
and thank you SIR !
15th January 2013, 12:55 AM |#36  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Karz

toshay edited gapps isnt required either <--hehe

my 1st deodexed files were actually from jmztaylors -JmzNabi2Stock_OLD.zip on his first post
so he had the 1st fix on that version that also worked with 1.9.37

both ways will work

I agree, you only have to delete the two files that I mentioned in the last part of the following post to remove the Android Upgrading message:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...64&postcount=3

The issue is created by the two stray odex files that are left after installing the gapps package, so with the updated gapps package you never get the issue in the first place. I had hope that jmztaylor would update his package in the main thread to include the new gapps package, then the issue would be non existent for anyone else using his script to root/install.

Though I think that once Nabi Lab from aicjofs has it's own thread it will become the default install tool for Windows users.
31st January 2013, 12:44 AM |#37  
Senior Member
Flag Orange Park
Thanks Meter: 35
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: Nabi 2 Stripped Stock ROM
I have a question, why not port an existing ROM? I mean, there are many guides on porting aosp ROMs with an existing one, has anybody tried? All I want is jelly bean. I'd even settle for aosp. Is this possible?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 11:42 PM |#38  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pasco
Thanks Meter: 32
 
Donate to Me
More
Angry What we really need to do....
What we really need to do is start bugging Fuhu for the source code for their kernel (and anything else they will give up).
24th February 2013, 07:37 PM |#39  
Senior Member
Flag Little Rock, AR
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhax

What we really need to do is start bugging Fuhu for the source code for their kernel (and anything else they will give up).

So what is the finally recommendation? I just brought my son's Nabi back to like, and suddenly, I can't get keyboard to come up. The problem is not what I have no stock keyboard in place since I replaced it with Thumb Keyboard. So digging around, I ran across the thread about this ROM. But if I read this correctly, it is not rooted, there seems to be problems with wifi, and a few other issues. Is that correct or am I misreading?
25th February 2013, 01:53 AM |#40  
aicjofs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 1,022
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcallis

So what is the finally recommendation? I just brought my son's Nabi back to like, and suddenly, I can't get keyboard to come up. The problem is not what I have no stock keyboard in place since I replaced it with Thumb Keyboard. So digging around, I ran across the thread about this ROM. But if I read this correctly, it is not rooted, there seems to be problems with wifi, and a few other issues. Is that correct or am I misreading?

This ROM is rooted and should have no wifi issues. There are many ways to arrive at it, but it is quite possible to have a rooted Nabi with Gapps and working wifi. Most issues with Wifi are because people got out of sync with Nabi updates.

I think Jelly Bean is possible. I have tried compiling CM10(Jelly Bean 4.1.2) a few times but I have something wrong with audio and can't complete compile. Too busy lately to figure out where my device tree is wrong, some make file is wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to aicjofs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aicjofs Ad-Free
25th February 2013, 04:05 AM |#41  
Senior Member
Flag Little Rock, AR
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aicjofs

This ROM is rooted and should have no wifi issues. There are many ways to arrive at it, but it is quite possible to have a rooted Nabi with Gapps and working wifi. Most issues with Wifi are because people got out of sync with Nabi updates.

I think Jelly Bean is possible. I have tried compiling CM10(Jelly Bean 4.1.2) a few times but I have something wrong with audio and can't complete compile. Too busy lately to figure out where my device tree is wrong, some make file is wrong.

Thanks for the quick reply... I will get that installed in a few!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nabi, nabi 2, nabi-2, nabi2, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes