Search This thread

Dalek_Caan

Aug 19, 2008
Cateret, NJ
This thing is smooth !!! One question .. during install I selected to install the 4.2 camera/gallery but it did not install .. is it just me or is there something else I need to do for that?

Reactions: rompnit

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Re: [ROM] The People's ROM GS3.11 MA6 TW 3 KERNELS! 2/24/13

About to DL, and pry the Device away from the wife. Wish me luck, she absolutely loves the previous version. So we shall see if she's ready for an update :p

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

cool no big deal really just making sure it wasn't just me lol

BTW fixed it in my zip and reflashed and all is good both cameras installed fine .. but dropbox doesn't so maybe pass that along too

okay kenny is going to make a seprate flash for now for the other camera for those who want it. I can't reproduce dropbox issue it installed for me. Can you tell me what you options you choose?

Dalek_Caan

Aug 19, 2008
Cateret, NJ
okay kenny is going to make a seprate flash for now for the other camera for those who want it. I can't reproduce dropbox issue it installed for me. Can you tell me what you options you choose?

no prob I checked flash player and dropbix in that section, and customized app install .. everything else works great and I DL'd dropbox so not a problem

Penguin_02

Feb 4, 2010
TPR, ktoonz kernel, nova launcher, idk what else to tell you. Everything works, TPR 3.11 was just released so why not just reload fresh with latest release and see if it fixes your issue.

Transmitted with a portable device using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Like Ed said, be sure and install clean, choose your kernel (I used Ktoonsez), Nova launcher then full install.

I loaded the new 3.11, and still can't get flash to work.. must be my phone.

Heres what i did

Wipe Dalvik, Cache, System, & factory reset

ThePeoplesROMGS311.zip
Tried the stock kernel, also tried ktoonsez kernel
Nova Launcher
Remove input notification from status bar (anyone know what this means?)
do not allow home button to wake device
install 4.2 camera/gallery
increase volume by 50%
Install Google Maps, Drive, Voice
install titanium backup, flash player, polaris office
install Smemo, SVoice, voice recorder

youtube.com is the only flash site that will play.. any other doesn't.
am i doing something wrong or my phone just sucks.

Also anyone notice that touchwiz is also installed when flashing the ROM on a fresh install

Randytw1

Dec 3, 2010
First of all thanks for this amazing Rom. I know that it takes alot of hard work and alot of time that goes into this. I don't post too much on this forum, mainly because I don't feel I have anything to contribute. Also I have been using this Rom for several months and have little to no problems with it. The only thing that I have run into is that when I upgraded to TPR 3.11. When I go into settings and go into lockscreen settings, settings force close. Acually that is something I can live with. Just thought I would let you guys know about it. Again keep up the great work and looking forward to more to come.

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla

This is TW rom, or do you mean the stock launcher is installed? Yes if you don't deselect it, the system will load stock and any other you choose.

Transmitted with a portable device using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

rompnit

Aug 24, 2008
Granger, IN

First of all thanks for this amazing Rom. I know that it takes alot of hard work and alot of time that goes into this. I don't post too much on this forum, mainly because I don't feel I have anything to contribute. Also I have been using this Rom for several months and have little to no problems with it. The only thing that I have run into is that when I upgraded to TPR 3.11. When I go into settings and go into lockscreen settings, settings force close. Acually that is something I can live with. Just thought I would let you guys know about it. Again keep up the great work and looking forward to more to come.

Did you go clean or dirty? Particularly when changing bases, I would recommend going clean.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Randytw1

I ran into this too had to do a clean install i had so many dirty flashes.

EDIT: and ROMP just beat me to it LOL

Reactions: Randytw1

kidram

Nov 2, 2010

I know this might of been asked before but what do u recommend dirty flash from 3.10 or clean?

Willybeen

Aug 18, 2007
I made a mistake and chose the 100 percent volume mod,is there an easy way to change that back without starting over?

Also is there an easy way to swap between kernels to see which perform best without having to reset all my apps and settings?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TEAM BRING IT PROUDLY PRESENTS

THE PEOPLE'S ROM GS3.X

If you like slimmed down, debloated ROMs....DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM!​

AND A BIG THANKS TO ROMPNIT FOR ALWAYS SQUASHING BUGS BEFORE THE PEOPLE GET THEM​

I have noticed too many issues on those ROMs removing too many files, then there are users that want this app or that app. I believe in getting everything I paid for from Samsung and Sprint and The People's ROM has always stood for stability balanced with performance and battery life.
    I will happily help anyone remove any apps they don't want as I am sure will The People. Also The People's ROM has always been about The People: Users helping users, RCs and RTs joining in to offer choices and aid to all without any flaming. We politely remind those to search and answer the question at the same time. Please respect all members.

I am by no means a Developer. The true developers have provided the code for all the mods included in this ROM. I just put together my own personal ROM with lots of help (see thanks section) and want to share it with all my friends here on XDA.

TPR GS3.31 (MK3 - 4.3)
    DOWNLOAD: http://d-h.st/bQi (Dev-host click the small download button in lower center)

Big thanks to Rompnit, Cnexus, Dazednconfused, Thunderstick, Crawj for helping get this 4.3 basic upgrade out and all the people thanked below as well!!!!

Hotspot toggle
    Flashlight toggle
    Gear watch compatible
    Stops ND8 Nag
    Adds Wicked ROM Control (Thanks @dazednconfused)
    Clock control
    Network Transfer speed indicator control
    Xposed installer
    Battery bar settings
    Status bar icon control

MIRROR: Thanks @tazfanatic

YOU MUST NOT FORMAT OR WIPE SYSTEM!!! Wipe data only (you can try dirty flashing at your own risk)
    (Clean flash sometimes needs a second boot or maybe it was just my phone)
    If you get stuck at the logo, try flashing a TW ROM first like the 4.3 stock deodexed or TPR 3.17 below.

I apologize that I cannot support this like I have in the past...but The People are here to support each other. If good flashable mods are contributed I will post them in the posts below. Thank you to all The People for contributing to the best ROM and thread on the GS3!!!

TPR GS3.17 (4.1.2)
    What's this got?
    Multiview
    3 Kernel choices:
    Ktoonsez kernel with UC/OC UV/OV init.d support, includes his Ktweaker app to control all (DO NOT USE ON XFAT formatted SD Cards)
    Agat's Kernel - use Voltage Control or SetCPU to control and enable OC available on Play (Thanks Agat63!!!) Do not use with XFAT formatted sd cards!
    Stock kernel with custom bootanimation support (Thanks Freeza!!!)
    Bootanimation support - includes Andy pissing on Apple
    Lightly themed, compatible with Morphology linked in this post
    Hotspot Hack - Thanks Crawj and Rompnit
    Device status NORMAL - thanks MoMaz
    Optional 4.2 Camera with Photosphere
    4 in 1 reboot mod
    Text and Call blocking
    Choose WAKE on or off for HOME Button
    Choose Camera shutter sound on or off
    Choose input notification on or off
    Long press menu to kill app
    Loud volume hack - Choose volume mod level
    No increasing ringtone
    Many Lockscreens
    Music volume key skip mod
    Quickpanel options in settings
    Hotspot in quickpanel
    SuperSu options in settings
    15 Toggle mod with The People's dropdown pngs
    The People's circle battery percent mod 1%
    Nova launcher option
    Apex Launcher option
    AOSP 4.2 Launcher
    4.2.2 keyboard
    Spidey dropdown - thanks steelers.exe
    Spidey MW theme - thanks PDXUnicorn go here for other MW themes
    Several TW Launcher options
    Pop-up Browser option
    Modded Stock camera no low battery block
    Ad Blocking
    Insane clock mod settings
    Volume rocker zoom for camera
    1X/3G notification
    MMS with 200 group messaging recipients!
    Carrier Name removed and easily modded to whatever you like (edit eri.xml in data folder)
    80% Transparent dropdown
    Clear all step in upper corner of status bar
    Aroma Installer
    Themed dialer (Thanks motomoto00!!)
    Kill low battery notifications with this flashable
    Many more I can't remember

THANKS
    First off to my best bud Josh Beach (we go way back to Bonsai days). Thank you brother for allowing me to use many mods you already incorporated and always answering my questions. Please go and thank Josh: JellyBomb thread
    Next is The People's Supporter: Naddict! You are the best bud! Naddict brought on the next member of The People...
    The People's Chief Engineer: Rompnit who works all night to include the best mods
    KernelMeister: Ktoonsez kernel thread with source
    Agat63 for his kernel: kernel thread with source
    Freeza for the deodexed MA6 base ROM: Freeza's stock thread
    To all the great devs that made mods for all of us to use:
    Didact74: Big thanks for the Aroma installer and much more! His mods are all over Development
    Freeza (again! He is all over!) Ride his Fre3 Hybrid
    Clark44 Free his GS3
    Mijjah74 Recognized Developer, class act and integral part of Team Nocturnal
    DazednConfused get some Wicked Sensations from his Anakonda
    Ksmullins88 It's Alive! Frankenstein
    Ecooce He is such a KillJoy
    PhantomHacker Get blazed
    StrongSteve Get Odexed Blue in the face
    Bigtoysrock - see the Goodness here
    GruesomeWolf See some Superior work here
    Motomoto00 Themer extraordinaire see one here
    Sac23 His Custom Sac
    EMSPilot - for helping me out when my APK Manager took a crap!
    Team Venum
    ERA
    And all those putting out new ROMs everyday

The People's Testers listed in Post 2
    The People's Videographer: Qbking77
    The People's Banner maker: TexasEpic4G (maker of my sig banner)
    All those in the Samsung Epic 4G community that taught me so much and supported me
    K0nane, Rodderik, Ptfmedic, Jaranow, Randy T, Mammon, Noobnl, TheImpaler747, Decad3nce, PG101. Jayharper08, Mattallica76, Toadlife, Sensei Simple, Shane6374, Dreamsforgotten, Mystery Emotionz, Earthbound, Nashdogg, Gooch1025, Flastnoles11, Edfunkycold, MrCollpepper, Frostedunit, Xboxfanj, Marcusant, Uber, Hoffman, Zanderman112, Dyehya, Mkasick, and so many more I have met along the way.

If I forgot you it is because I hate writing these OPs and always forget something...Please PM me and forgive me! I love you all! Just my memory sucks! LOL.

DOWNLOAD TPR GS3.17 (dev-host)
    MD5 Sum: ffe8c8e112544c54de50a4b35f625e87

K0nane Fast Mirror1 and Mirror2 (Thanks K0nane and Shabbypenguin for these hosts!)

MIRROR 3 Thanks Tazfanatic for Mediafire mirror!
    MD5 Sum: cc0bcbab7284ba3fc591c21edfeff7f7

ADD UNCOMPRESSED MMS from HERE

Change to messaging app without my awesome purple icons with this: http://d-h.st/mMN

To change the Long Press Menu button to no longer kill apps see this post and be sure to thank Rompnit!

INSTALLATION
    Clean flash is recommended as a lot has changed in MD4. If you clean flashed 3.16 you should be ok to dirty flash 3.17 but YMMV. Extra flashables in Post 2

ROM does not change baseband (Modem)!!! Get latest baseband and firmware here! Thanks Freeza!

VIDEOS (updated videos coming soon)
    How to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAMo-mf5kOk&feature=youtu.be

Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E1MB2ekIB0&feature=youtu.be

Huge thanks to by friend Qbking77 for making these videos. Give his videos a thumbs up!

USE THIS VERSION OF MORPHOLOGY - THANKS ROMPNIT!! V 2.21!
    Go thank Rompnit in his Morphology thread here

DISCLAIMER
    ALWAYS Backup before flashing ANYTHING. With that said this is at your own risk and just rooting may result in refusal of warranty service. I am not responsible for any loss of data and subsequent losses resulting. I am not reponsible for your significant other leaving you, dog bites, the world not ending at the end of the Mayan calendar, any war, the cancellation of your favorite television show, epileptic fits from staring at your awesome phone, no more twinkees in the world or for the zombie apocalypse!

If you like my work consider buying me a Smirnoff Triple Black clear malt beverage or a simple thanks. If you don't like it, I am sorry.

Or better yet keep our Chief Engineer Rompnit supplied with Red Bull by clicking here

CHANGELOG

Release

Stopped qosmgr and gsiff daemon processes

Fixed Lockscreen default wallpaper
    Here it is if you don't want to reflash: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32800014/keyguard_default_wallpaper.jpg

Removed themed Twitter and Facebook

Phone and MMS shortcuts added to AOSP lockscreen

Fixed Telenav and Aroma installer (thanks Rompnit)

3.06 DOWNLOAD
    Choice of 3 kernels: Ktoonsezs, Agat's or stock with bootani
    Wake option for HOME in installer options
    Updated Gmail and Google Now
    Naddict's sound choices

3.07 DOWNLOAD
    New Sec Gallery (Optimized for GS3)
    Basic Soundmod (NOT SONY) Thanks to Clark44
    MMS recipient mod installed (BIG Thanks Freeza)
    Dialer Sound Changed (good bye water drop, forever)
    Lockscreen bug fixed

Updated Apps:
    Google Plus
    Play Store
    Google Now
    Google Drive
    Google Play Services
    Google Currents
    Google Sound Search
    Flipboard
    Music Hub
    Kies Air
    Sprint Zone
    Nova Launcher
    Apex Launcher
    Stock Launcher with Scrolling Wallpaper
    Can now choose more than one launcher in install (only 1 TW launcher though)
    2 last Ktoonsez kernel releases
    Added home button lag hack as an option/choice in aroma
    cleaned up build.prop
    rewrote scripts in aroma, "cleaner" install process
    rebaked "behind the scenes" jars and framework files
    quickpanel, supersu, wifi tether now removed from app drawer, all available from settings menu
    Added download link next to Changelog for XDA free app users

3.08 DOWNLOAD
    Added 4.2 Camera and Gallery optional
    Added choice of stock, loud or blow my speaker volumes
    Fixed S.Voice not installing
    Removed Music Hub (Download it from Play)
    New charging animation in status bar
    AOSP Launcher added

3.09 DOWNLOAD
    Wifi Tether fixed and no FC on install (Thanks Joshbeach for the help!)
    Inverted Google Now
    4.2 keyboard
    Rompnit mods and edits:
    All settings unlocked in messaging app
    Note 2 camera no low battery limit, works during phone calls
    Use volume key to snap pix or start video
    Framework edits No dim at low battery, Better auto brightness
    AOSP lockscreen mods allows weather on lock screen
    Increased font size in installer

3.10 DOWNLOAD
    Insane clock mod (Rompnit)
    Updated TB, non-inverted Google Now, Supersu
    Removed ROM Toolbox Lite (would not recognize Pro version)
    Added January Koontsez kernel
    Disabled Mpdecision, SMD and SMDEXE (easily put back by removing .BAK)
    Ink Effect
    Other stuff I can't remember

3.11 DOWNLOAD
    Update to MA6 android 4.1.2
    Added Acer Cloud, Blackberry 10, HTC Sense 4.0 and LG Optimus lockscreens in settings
    New Spiderman wallpapers in stock wallpaper picker (need twlauncher installed)
    Group Messaging working
    Call and Messaging blocking in settings
    Updated apps including Supersu
    3 MA6 kernels included (Thanks Freeza, Ktoonsez, and Agat)
    Hot Boot working in reboot menu
    Music volume key skips works with most music apps
    Everything cleaned up and optimized by Rompnit!

3.12 DOWNLOAD
    Update to MB1
    Grab Freeza's modem and firmware here if you like

3.13 DOWNLOAD
    Fixed Accuweather install (Thanks to elephant007 for pointing it out)
    Fixed Dropbox install
    Stock camera modded for volume zoom and no low battery shut down (Thanks Rompnit!)
    Long Press menu to kill apps (Thanks Rompnit!)
    Systemui optimized (Thanks Rompnit!) WARNING! No low battery warnings for anything now!

3.14 DOWNLOAD
    Added Multiview (Gruesomewolf)
    Fixed all text bugs and input notification choice in MV (Rompnit)
    Added latest Ktoonsez kernel
    CM fix for MEDIA bug running wild (Rompnit and CM team)

3.15 DOWNLOAD
    Device ststus=NORMAL
    Sprint Hotspot hack
    MC3 Gallery
    4-11 Ktoonsez kernel

3.16 DOWNLOAD
    Full update to MD4 - big thanks to Rompnit for doing the mods
    5-3 Ktoonsez kernel
    MD4 stock kernel
    Some of my favorite ringtones and notifications added
    Wallpapers are fixed

3.17 DOWNLOAD
    Fixed lockscreen freeze ups - Thanks Rompnit
    Fixed Android keyboard
    Added more Spidey themeing
    Fixed Photosphere
    Removed Wifi Tether, use Hotspot
    Restored TPR theme

Known issues: 64GB sd cards need to be formatted to FAT32 to work on Ktoonsez kernel or Agat's kernel. Choose the stock kernel option!
    Thanks to Y.G. for testing that on Agat's kernel.
    Upon boot, the status bar may be missing. Just pull it down like normal and it will stay.
    No charge animation or LED on Ktoonsez or Agat's kernel when phone is off on some phones
    Phone will not reboot with headphones plugged in on Ktoonsez kernel on some phones
    DO NOT choose no kernel option in the installer if on Ktoonsez kernel as it will delete the ktweaker app and you will need to reflash the kernel to get it back. Thank you Stylez for finding this.
    Ink effect not working on MD4 yet

Tip: Install Media Scan Root from Play and disable media scanner to prevent MEDIA bug from draining battery upon boot. (Thanks Team Kernelizer) (May not be needed with Rompnit's addition of the CM team fix)

FLASH THIS to stop the MK3 update NAG: http://d-h.st/WBo

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][MD4][TW]The People's ROM GS3.3 MK3 4.3 4/19/14, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    KennyG123, Rompnit
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: TouchWiz

Version Information

Created 2013-09-04
    Last Updated 2014-05-18
    TPR GS3.17 flashables:
    Remove Spidey dropdown: http://d-h.st/T4B

Transparent Multiwindow MOAR tab:http://d-h.st/yQw ENABLES ALL APPS
    Flash this after to get back Spidey MV theme
    Or Flash this to get solid tabs like stock - SolidMVtab like stock morph
    Thanks to PDXUnicorn for the Spiderman theme and the morph flashables

Remove low battery notifications: http://d-h.st/SLY

TPR 3.3 flashables:

Remove Spidey pulldown on v3.3 : http://d-h.st/Ys2

Stock launcher restore: http://d-h.st/NwA

Add back HOME to wake function (Thanks @flastnoles11): https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3ffi6l77xypmat/home_wake.zip

Team Bring It is:
    KennyG123
    Rompnit

Testers include:
    Tazfanatic
    Orlzzt
    Bcause1977
    Milky1112
    GalaxyS3Man30
    Reverepats
    Mlin
    Edfunkycold
    AlWardC

And of course....... The People!

SCREENSHOTS
    default_wallpaper.jpg

Default wallpaper

Screenshot_2013-02-26-19-31-57.png

Default lockscreen wallpaper

Screenshot_2012-11-25-18-24-33.png

Screenshot_2012-11-25-18-22-49.png

Screenshot_2012-11-25-18-21-33.png
    Hey guys, enjoy the hell out the ROM and all the KT747 kernel goodness :good: :laugh:. And of course be good to kenny or Ill have to bring out the PEOPLE'S ELBOW!!!!!!!!!!! :good: :D :highfive:. Have fun guys!
    Re: [ROM] [MB1][TW]The People's ROM GS3.13 - 3 KERNEL choices! 3/3/13

Hey everyone, I know a lot of you were concerned about my wife and her condition after the accident... she was doing well for a bit and then lost complete use of her legs, so we decided to go to Florida to see a specialist (and see family, just in case) well, as some of you already know, two days into being with the specialist, she regained control of her lower extremities and took her first steps since the accidentwith the help of a walker. Well today, she took a HUGE leap in her recovery and took TEN steps with no help from anybody or anything! Amazing! The doctor still doesn't know what caused her to lose all control of the lower portion of her body, but at this point, I'm not even sure it matters. She is doing great! Thanks everyone for all of your support, you have no idea how much it means to me and how much you helped me through this very difficult situation for our family! Thanks everyone, love y'all to death, I really do mean that! (No homo, lol)