[Q] Rogers Razr HD LTE(xt925) OTA to JB fails!!!

Search This thread

chgrbt

Aug 27, 2008
"FDR" -> Factory/Full Data Reset does not replace applications that have been deleted.
The only way to fix is to put them back or RSD/Flash back to stock.

I hate these threads.
People remove apps and wonder why the upgrade doesn't work.

Don't remove factory applications, freeze/disable them!!!!!
Removing them will remove the ability to upgrade until the OS is back to stock.
The installer checks to make sure that the system and application area is untouched.

For what it's worth, I had these Rogers applications disabled (App Quarantine - off Google Play) but not removed prior to a successful OTA from Rogers ICS to Rogers JB. Post upgrade they remained disabled. I was rooted but not carrier or bootloader unlocked before and after the OTA update. I'm sharing this in case people might want to consider that their phone's upgrade failures are due to something else.

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium

Last edited:

superbrowndude

Jan 11, 2011
OnePlus Open
Post a screenshot. It should be easy to put back any Rogers specific software on your phone since it already exists there in a different area!

Well I'm kinda retarded and uninstalled the bloat ware instead of freezing it... It would be awesome if someone could do a xml of the stock 4.04

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

BluePlanetMan

Aug 31, 2010
I used the Fastboot file, and so far it did not work. Had to edit the XML to remove the OEM lines, and then after finally getting it to flash, the phone is stuck at the M logo. Trying to flash again.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Amazingly... third RSDlite flash worked... device rebooted and all is working.

luscione

Feb 12, 2013
I used the Fastboot file, and so far it did not work. Had to edit the XML to remove the OEM lines, and then after finally getting it to flash, the phone is stuck at the M logo. Trying to flash again.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Amazingly... third RSDlite flash worked... device rebooted and all is working.

how is going right now ?