Post Reply Email Thread
24th February 2013, 07:04 PM |#481  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Re: [APP][Official][2.1+] Lux Auto Brightness 0.76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8torGuy

Hi Cyb3rGlitch-
I just installed the latest update, Lux 1.01 from the Play Store. I immediately noticed that when adjust is in "dynamic" mode, my CPU utilization is quite high and NEVER falls below 58%. As soon as I change it from dynamic to any other mode, the CPU utilization falls back towards 0. Prior to the update this morning, the CPU utilization did not behave this way. Is there an adjustment that I missed somewhere, to fix this? I'm running D2SPR CM10.1 with the latest nightly.

Thanks!
p.s. Excellent app!!

One thing I noticed and you might want to tinker wwith is the sample polling rate under Advanced. Your device just might not like something using a sensor that often and that quickly, and at the least it'll help narrow down whats causing issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7
24th February 2013, 07:33 PM |#482  
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SineOtter

One thing I noticed and you might want to tinker wwith is the sample polling rate under Advanced. Your device just might not like something using a sensor that often and that quickly, and at the least it'll help narrow down whats causing issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, there is no change... regardless of the polling setting. It's really strange, it seems that as soon as I change from "dynamically" to anything else, the CPU utilization drops immediately, and as soon as I return back to "dynamically" the CPU utilization skyrockets.
24th February 2013, 08:38 PM |#483  
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 4,379

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8torGuy

Hi Cyb3rGlitch-
I just installed the latest update, Lux 1.01 from the Play Store. I immediately noticed that when adjust is in "dynamic" mode, my CPU utilization is quite high and NEVER falls below 58%. As soon as I change it from dynamic to any other mode, the CPU utilization falls back towards 0. Prior to the update this morning, the CPU utilization did not behave this way. Is there an adjustment that I missed somewhere, to fix this? I'm running D2SPR CM10.1 with the latest nightly.

Thanks!
p.s. Excellent app!!

I had the same problem here.

I update my lux for the version of the play store ( i update this program today ).

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Anyone has the apk for the version before this update ?
The Following User Says Thank You to cybernetus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cybernetus Ad-Free
24th February 2013, 10:17 PM |#484  
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 4,379

Donate to Me
More
The version 1.02 has the same problem on CPU .

I test again here and my CPU stills on 1.2 MHz and min of 58% of cpu at all the time with the dynamic option .

I'm on galaxy s2 / paranoid 3 ROM / dorimanx kernel

Sent from my GT-i9100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to cybernetus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cybernetus Ad-Free
24th February 2013, 11:34 PM |#485  
Flag Broooooooooklyn
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Updated it on my nexus then restored the backup due to it not having root integration, which is a must for this app

Don't like seeing the notification icon in my drawer but like having the ability to lower brightness from my drawer like I am on my backup version

Also, hated that on the latest version, if you take your screen off then turn it back on, at first, the app is off, then it comes on and goes back to the setting you previously had on it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 02:11 PM |#486  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669

More
Ok, there's a lot of stuff to reply to here, so I'll make some comments:

- The CPU issue is poll rate related. I accidentally hard coded a fast poll rate into the app (so choosing a different rate doesn't change it). I pushed out an update to fix this just now.

- Lux requires your location to set sunset/sunrise times. I've now made this optional (so you can activate night mode whenever you want, regardless of time).

- Root integration is gone, because new versions of Android break it, and most Lux users are on Android 4.1+. If you want integration, you can do it manually, just move the .apk to the /system/app folder.

- I removed the in-app payment stuff for now. I'll roll them out once the upgrade hype settles down, and any core functionality issues are resolved.

Hope this settles your questions.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
25th February 2013, 02:19 PM |#487  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

- The CPU issue is poll rate related. I accidentally hard coded a fast poll rate into the app (so choosing a different rate doesn't change it). I pushed out an update to fix this just now.

- Lux requires your location to set sunset/sunrise times. I've now made this optional (so you can activate night mode whenever you want, regardless of time).

- Root integration is gone, because new versions of Android break it, and most Lux users are on Android 4.1+. If you want integration, you can do it manually, just move the .apk to the /system/app folder.

- I removed the in-app payment stuff for now. I'll roll them out once the upgrade hype settles down, and any core functionality issues are resolved.

Hope this settles your questions.

Thanks! Am I missing something? I know I have Lux installed, but I cannot find the .apk to move it.
25th February 2013, 02:26 PM |#488  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmxsh

Thanks! Am I missing something? I know I have Lux installed, but I cannot find the .apk to move it.

The apk can be found in /data/app, and will be called something like com.vito.lux.apk
25th February 2013, 02:27 PM |#489  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:

- Lux requires your location to set sunset/sunrise time.

I understand it. I do not understand why Lux need all possible possibilities to locate me? Why GPS location is not enough for Lux, why it is obligatory to have all location sources on?
25th February 2013, 02:28 PM |#490  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200mpx

I understand it. I do not understand why Lux need all possible possibilities to locate me? Why GPS location is not enough for Lux, why it is obligatory to have all location sources on?

All I request is network location. GPS is not required.
25th February 2013, 02:33 PM |#491  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:

All I request is network location. GPS is not required.

Ok, in this case can I ask for just time settings for night mode? Will highly appreciate! Also it will be great to have possibility to link Night mode with offscreen buttons backlight (on/off). Thank you in advance to consider my small request
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)