[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus S 4G Thread

Search This thread

hero913

Feb 17, 2013
Orlando
Having problem getting the root to stick on my phone...

I do get the unlock logo and I am selecting the proper device and firmware in the toolkit.

Tried 5 times already. Can someone please advice?

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Having problem getting the root to stick on my phone...

I do get the unlock logo and I am selecting the proper device and firmware in the toolkit.

Tried 5 times already. Can someone please advice?

You can use 'Any Build' mode for rooting if you are having problems. Select that for your device instead. Can you specify the exact build you have so I can look into it.

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: smoshua and hero913

hero913

Feb 17, 2013
Orlando
You can use 'Any Build' mode for rooting if you are having problems. Select that for your device instead. Can you specify the exact build you have so I can look into it.

{{ WugFresh }}

android version 4.1.1
baseband version : D720SPRLF2
Build number : JRO03R

I'll try the other method you suggested and update you...

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

{{ WugFresh }}

The method worked!!!

Thank you so much!!!

I downloaded jelly bam zip file and I wanna flash it over to the phone.

Is it safe to use the toolkit in order to do that or should I send the zip file to my phone and do the flash in twerp?

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Trying to flash using the toolkit did not work ( i couldn't use the option use any firmware)

The file pushed through properly b/c I can see it on my TWRP page but the install didnt take.

I'm gonna try to manually install it from TWRP, which should be fine correct?

chalan30

Nov 15, 2009
AUSTIN, TX
ok this is weird...

I rooted the phone. Installed Jelly Bam and now the phone isn't rooted anymore.

haha youre ok, sometimes you lose root. It happens. if you read the first posts of jelly bam "fixed" youll see that it requires you to flash super su separately to regain root. search google for "chainfire xda" super user thread and download one of the cwm flashable super su zip files and flash it in recovery. you will have root after that. good luck

Reactions: hero913

jddunkley

Nov 26, 2010
Utah
Works perfectly, just follow all instructions!

This was amazing to use! I replaced my crappy EVO 3D with a Nexus S. It was already better. Then I used the tool kit to get rooted and it was so helpful to have all the instructions! The only thing I had trouble with was the Team Win Recovery. It wouldn't flash CyanogenMod 10. So I just flashed the ClockWorkMod Recovery instead and it worked just fine.

Thanks for the amazing work on this!

bman3333

Jun 7, 2011
Milwaukee
Just wanted to say thanks for the fantastic work. It really simplified the process and was very user friendly. Great job! :good:

theandies

Great job on your tool kit. It sure makes life a little easier.
One thing that I ran into when using it while rooting my friends phone was this:
theandies-albums-tp-pictures-picture7814-root-tool-kit.jpg

This is a Nexus S 4G without an external SD card (only internal SD memory).
I installed and ran the tool kit from my external USB HDD if that makes any difference but like I said in the picture above the root took using the tool kit just never pushed SU and BB to the phone. I installed them manually. Do you think it's because I ran everything from my external drive or is it because his phone is the model with just internal memory?
Thanks

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Great job on your tool kit. It sure makes life a little easier.
One thing that I ran into when using it while rooting my friends phone was this:
theandies-albums-tp-pictures-picture7814-root-tool-kit.jpg

This is a Nexus S 4G without an external SD card (only internal SD memory).
I installed and ran the tool kit from my external USB HDD if that makes any difference but like I said in the picture above the root took using the tool kit just never pushed SU and BB to the phone. I installed them manually. Do you think it's because I ran everything from my external drive or is it because his phone is the model with just internal memory?
Thanks

Which toolkit version are you running? The latest? You should add me on gchat and hit me up. I would like to figure out what caused that problem for you when I get a chance.

It shouldn't matter that you ran the toolkit from an external. You could run it from a flash drive actually. Just as long as the drivers are configured.

{{ WugFresh }}

theandies

Which toolkit version are you running? The latest? You should add me on gchat and hit me up. I would like to figure out what caused that problem for you when I get a chance.

It shouldn't matter that you ran the toolkit from an external. You could run it from a flash drive actually. Just as long as the drivers are configured.

{{ WugFresh }}

Here is what I used:
theandies-albums-tp-pictures-picture7815-toolkit-info.jpg

When I start Tool Kit I get a WIndows message that says it is up-to-date:
theandies-albums-tp-pictures-picture7816-toolkit-update.jpg

Like I said it rooted his phone I just had to install the SU and BB apk's manually. I know you want to get to the bottom of this to avoid having this problem happen with other, less experianced user. Glad to help.

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Here is what I used:
theandies-albums-tp-pictures-picture7815-toolkit-info.jpg

When I start Tool Kit I get a WIndows message that says it is up-to-date:
theandies-albums-tp-pictures-picture7816-toolkit-update.jpg

Like I said it rooted his phone I just had to install the SU and BB apk's manually. I know you want to get to the bottom of this to avoid having this problem happen with other, less experianced user. Glad to help.

For some reason its not prompting you for an update, but if you look at this thread, the latest public release is 1.6.3.. And you are running 1.6.0. Please always run my latest version, I can't provide technical support for legacy releases.

The updater should work perfectly in the upcoming 1.6.4 release so that should never happen again.

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

theandies

For some reason its not prompting you for an update, but if you look at this thread, the latest public release is 1.6.3.. And you are running 1.6.0. Please always run my latest version, I can't provide technical support for legacy releases.

The updater should work perfectly in the upcoming 1.6.4 release so that should never happen again.

{{ WugFresh }}

Ummm...........No.
theandies-albums-tp-pictures-picture7825-toolkit-info.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Root with NRT (Video by Rootjunky)

More videos here: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/
    Big thanks to ej8989 for asking me to post this here for the benefit of Nexus S 4G owners. This program supports all the Nexus devices but I was silly and only posted it the Nexus7 thread.

I will do my best to keep this program updated to support the latest builds for as long as possible. Cheers. ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    v1.6.2 is up in the OP and the update package is also live via Help > About... in the toolkit. Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Am I doing something wrong? I used the toolkit to unlock my Nexus 7 (jop40c)... bootloader shows unlocked... when I use the toolkit to root + custom recovery, it does it's thing, then goes to what I assume is the touch recovery. At this point, do I reboot to system? Toolkit roots while this touch recovery is loaded then says waiting for device to reboot. That's what I've done and I don't have a superuser.

Help > About...

You will see that the update is now live. :)

{{ WugFresh }}