Bootanimations to go...(Updated 2/24 - 7 boots) - Links Fixed!

Search This thread

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Another vote here for an ice reveal for SnowJB. I don't need it personalized, that way more people can use it. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

dbgeek, Nastybutler, this is the one you had mentioned. Ice Reveal but with just SnowJB 4.1.2 and I put Optimus G on the 2nd line.

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    2 MB · Views: 18

gstar101

Aug 17, 2010
St. Johns
dbgeek, Nastybutler, this is the one you had mentioned. Ice Reveal but with just SnowJB 4.1.2 and I put Optimus G on the 2nd line.

Hey Jank4AU not sure if I missed something... renamed my original bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip.bak and then pasted this file into the folder (system\media).

When I restarted my phone I saw the LG logo 4 times then the word: "Android" which brought me to my home screen.

ryancnap

Aug 3, 2012
Bloomsburg
ryancnap.net
Hey Jank4AU not sure if I missed something... renamed my original bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip.bak and then pasted this file into the folder (system\media).

When I restarted my phone I saw the LG logo 4 times then the word: "Android" which brought me to my home screen.

Set permissions on the boot animation.zip to rw- r-- r-- lol I did the same thing.

gstar101

Aug 17, 2010
St. Johns
Set permissions on the boot animation.zip to rw- r-- r-- lol I did the same thing.

Thanks!!!! I totally missed that...

homer-doh.png

bhp090808

Jan 23, 2012
Sebring
Can you do the black ink one with LG on first line and OG on second. A non branded ba would be awesome

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda premium

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Can you do the black ink one with LG on first line and OG on second. A non branded ba would be awesome

Sure, I'm trying to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 8 right now though so I'm not sure I'll get to it today...

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama

Here is the generic black ink flow bootanimation. Sorry for the delay!

And here is a video sample, tell me if you want it changed or if you'd like some color: Video

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
You can't flash these. You need to manually move them to /system/media.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Tyler44346

Download root browser, or any variation of that. In your root browser, go to /system/media and locate the bootanimation.zip RENAME that to bootanimation.bak then go up to the main / folder.

USING YOUR PHONE TO DOWNLOAD THE .ZIP
First download the boot animation.zip you'd like to use.
Go to where your downloads are placed. (Usually in /exsdcard if you use a SD card.) Copy the bootanimation.zip file you downloaded, then go to /system/media and paste. Make sure its named correctly. (bootanimation.zip).

USING COMPUTER.
Download the bootanimation.zip file you want. Plug your phone in, move the file to your phones external SD card, then follow directions from "USING YOUR PHONE T..."

Last edited:

bassitone

Dec 28, 2012
St. Louis
Okay.. thanks.
But how to activate the bootscreen i want?

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda premium

Download root browser, or any variation of that. In your root browser, go to /system/media and locate the bootanimation.zip RENAME that to bootanimation.bak then go up to the main / folder.

USING YOUR PHONE TO DOWNLOAD THE .ZIP
First download the boot animation.zip you'd like to use.
Go to where your downloads are placed. (Usually in /exsdcard if you use a SD card.) Copy the bootanimation.zip file you downloaded, then go to /system/media and paste. Make sure its named correctly. (bootanimation.zip).

USING COMPUTER.
Download the bootanimation.zip file you want. Plug your phone in, move the file to your phones external SD card, then follow directions from "USING YOUR PHONE T..."

Many of the custom ROMs we have also let you change boot animation in the settings menu. I could never get the change to stick before the settings-based method, so this might work for some that end up having problems (the phone would change bootanimation.zip to another file name regardless of what I tried).

I like my OG like I like my beer: Liquid Smooth!

Tyler44346

Many of the custom ROMs we have also let you change boot animation in the settings menu. I could never get the change to stick before the settings-based method, so this might work for some that end up having problems (the phone would change bootanimation.zip to another file name regardless of what I tried).

I like my OG like I like my beer: Liquid Smooth!

yep or you can download an app in the market called Root Toobox I like the old fashioned way. :)

FryTheMightyOne

Dec 26, 2013
boot anmi request

If anyone has a request for what they would like to see in a boot ani, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

was wondering if u could make a BootAnimation that was similar to your liquid Smoke but have it roll up from the bottom of the screen and fill into a tornado like spiral with an occasional blue electric bolts in or around it..then spiral off scrren or spiral out to fill screen with smoke to display the Name "FryTheMightyOne" ??:good:

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

was wondering if u could make a BootAnimation that was similar to your liquid Smoke but have it roll up from the bottom of the screen and fill into a tornado like spiral with an occasional blue electric bolts in or around it..then spiral off scrren or spiral out to fill screen with smoke to display the Name "FryTheMightyOne" ??:good:

It would be for a LG Optimus G e970

Top Liked Posts