Thanks Meter: 23,851

By Hashcode, Senior Recognized Developer on 15th January 2013, 05:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th February 2013, 02:33 PM |#301  
Flag Stockton-On-Tees
Thanks Meter: 834

Donate to Me
More
Great work no issues at all flashed through recovery and all is great extremely smooth thank you for hard work much appreciated

27th February 2013, 11:02 PM |#302  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
NTFS Fuse?
<<Deleted>>
1st March 2013, 07:29 PM |#303  
Thanks Meter: 864

Donate to Me
More
Hello

Just installed this and all is working REALLY great. One thing though: when I came from the 0115 to 20130129, market stopped working. I reflashed gapps and cleared cache and dalvik cache. I had to remove every updated from the market in order to get it working. Now it seems good.

Looking forward to see this in the official CM branch!
Erwin
2nd March 2013, 11:01 AM |#304  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
If in TWRP you did, WIPE for:
-SYSTEM
-FACTORY RESET
-FORMAT DATA

can you still install ROM if the whole SD card is erased?

I can adb push to /data/media but pushing ROM giving me an error of '/data/media': No space left on device
I tried push gapps and it says successfull showing the size of file transferred but when I reboot to TWRP and browse in file manager or install I can't find the gapps. Any advice?

Note: I can boot to Kindle fire blue boot screen and detect adb but in TWRP it doesn't show adb so I can't use the adb sideload functionality. I can also boot to fastboot by changing boot mode to terminal emulator via TWRP.

Thanks in advance!
2nd March 2013, 04:43 PM |#305  
Thanks Meter: 864

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM/KERNEL] UNOFFICIAL CM10.1 + 3.0.50 Kernel for Kindle Fire 2 [01/29 CODECS]
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvsmeister

If in TWRP you did, WIPE for:
-SYSTEM
-FACTORY RESET
-FORMAT DATA

can you still install ROM if the whole SD card is erased?

I can adb push to /data/media but pushing ROM giving me an error of '/data/media': No space left on device
I tried push gapps and it says successfull showing the size of file transferred but when I reboot to TWRP and browse in file manager or install I can't find the gapps. Any advice?

Note: I can boot to Kindle fire blue boot screen and detect adb but in TWRP it doesn't show adb so I can't use the adb sideload functionality. I can also boot to fastboot by changing boot mode to terminal emulator via TWRP.

Thanks in advance!

As you deducted yourself: the emulated sdcard gets wiped after formatting data, so that is indeed a problem if you have put your update zip over there.

However, you can use adb to push the zip to your sdcard:
Code:
adb push ROM.zip sdcard/
. You do not have to mount your sdcard in TWRP, just boot in recovery, connect to your computer and execute the above command. When you are asked to choose a zip from the sdcard, you will be able to see it.

I hear you coming: when you try to go to sdcard/ in the shell, you will get an error. Also "mount sdcard" is not possible. I don't known the reason behind this, all I know is that it is possible to push to there

Success,
Erwin

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to ErwinP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ErwinP Ad-Free
3rd March 2013, 11:05 AM |#306  
Flag chatham
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinP

As you deducted yourself: the emulated sdcard gets wiped after formatting data, so that is indeed a problem if you have put your update zip over there.

Code:
adb push ROM.zip sdcard/
. You do not have to mount your sdcard in TWRP, just boot in recovery, connect to your computer and execute the above command. When you are asked to choose a zip from the sdcard, you will be able to see it.

I hear you coming: when you try to go to sdcard/ in the shell, you will get an error. Also "mount sdcard" is not possible. I don't known the reason behind this, all I know is that it is possible to push to there

Success,
Erwin

Was going to say that my self :P
4th March 2013, 03:00 AM |#307  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
1 bug i found.

after freshly rooting and installing custom recovery i installed this rom. worked beautifull and wifi worked on first try. but when i switched off wifi for the first time, it doesnt seem to want to come on back now when i turn try. is there some way to go about fixing this??

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

can someone help me with above post ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ if it helps. before i turned off the wifi. i went in the wifi settings and "forgot" a saved wifi network i was connected to cause i didnt want who was using the kindle to use my net. after receiving back the kindle i restated it and tried turning back on wifi... no response. it just loads saying its turning on wifi but it never does.
4th March 2013, 04:45 AM |#308  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinP

Code:
adb push ROM.zip sdcard/

Success,
Erwin

Thanks for taking time to reply, I'm still having problems in pushing ROM to /data/media folder due to "No space left on device" error message. I wonder if I'm missing some steps since I can push gapps but unable to find it in TWRP. I hope someone who might had the same situation can help me, I'll just wait for others to reply. Thanks again.
4th March 2013, 12:46 PM |#309  
Thanks Meter: 379

Donate to Me
More
@hashcode dont mean to rush but
Is there any updates from CM team regarding the nightly build for fire2 ?
5th March 2013, 05:15 AM |#310  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Official CM Support
Looking on the CM website, it shows the Otter2 (Kindle Fire 2nd Gen.) as an official support device. Is this true? I assume so!
5th March 2013, 06:38 AM |#311  
Flag Cape Coral, FL
Thanks Meter: 3,108

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM/KERNEL] UNOFFICIAL CM10.1 + 3.0.50 Kernel for Kindle Fire 2 [01/29 CODECS]
Pretty sure hashcode just got recruited to the CyanogenMod team..

So probably. I checked get.cm, but no nightlies yet

--
Sent from my Kindle Fire 2, CM 10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to mindmajick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mindmajick Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)