Survey - How do you like your HTC Butterfly?

Search This thread

eddiweed

Feb 19, 2013
www.ipgp.net
pretty interesting device

I'm sure you can run many games with this awesome phone,price is a little high but certainly worth the money.
I read more info about this Butterfly and I am pleasantly surprised

Blacklighter11

Nov 9, 2012
I love it. It is my first Android phone.. Came from an iPhone 5.i hate the poor battery life

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk 2

Raymond Ebertt

Dec 12, 2011
Surrey
I'm tossing and turning between One X, Butteryfly and waiting out for M7. Cost is an issue with M7, but basically, I want a device that has a good CPU, decent battery, and good RAM speed. I'm not into gaming much and I do like theming and customizing my ROM. Should I wait out the M7 or choose one of the other two?

zjelko

Apr 16, 2011
HTC

I am happy with my Butterfly. Cannot understand that HTC's new flagship has a smaller screen and no SD-slot.
I am a medium user and not a gamer, without any efford whatsoever the battery life is more then a day. If i take it easy then 2 days
battery life is even possible. Before this phone i owned a Galaxy S2, no comparison ..... the Butterfly is so sooo much better.

Happy user :)

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
I got to tell u. I just got the Xperia z and the butterfly is my pick winner. Better screen. Faster overall much better battery more screen real state due to the Xperia z have the home back and recent apps on the screen. Beats audio louder.

DamBadz

Mar 10, 2012
I got to tell u. I just got the Xperia z and the butterfly is my pick winner. Better screen. Faster overall much better battery more screen real state due to the Xperia z have the home back and recent apps on the screen. Beats audio louder.

Same as you I just got z to but butterfly is better..

Sent from Ma Xperia Z using XDA premium

atiwichboy

Jul 7, 2010
Bangkok
Newbie here. :)
This is my second Android phone (The first is Desire S, my sis took it after I changed) My first impression is that it is so smooth compare to my old one :laugh: what else to expect from a quad core phone!
Any way, I found a problem (or is it?) . Sometimes the battery drops from around 18% to 1% and suddenly turns off. I guess it came from when I flashed NOS rom(from DNA forum, the dev put the wrong link!) and got the wrong kernel. I am going to try full-cycle charge it to see if it'll fix my problem. Overall, I love this phone. :D

Reactions: DamBadz

digitalmonkey

Jun 28, 2010
x920d owner here, lovely phone does everything I want and looks the business . Nearly sold it a few times though as I always get caught up in the hype surrounding new handsets.

snipervn

Nov 2, 2009
Hà Nội
My brother planning to wait for S4 (he is SS fan with collection of galaxy nexus, note 2, s3) but after having more detail information of S4, he decided to buy other. He went to store to buy a Sony Z and asked me to go with him. When he tried the Z, I have shown him my Butterfly (black x920d). The Butterfly made him to stop buying the Sony Z and then he invite me to go out for coffee to try my Butterfly in 2 hours. At last, he decide to buy a Butterfly and plan to buy HTC One for his wife when it come to Vietnam.

So charmed phone, the Butterfly!

Last edited:
Reactions: DamBadz

Serilei

Mar 29, 2013
Ive thought about getting one myself, but I hear some same battery is good, some say its back, issues here, issues there, and it only has 16gb, yeah you get a micro SD but you cant store some memory eating apps there.

But HTC announced they are working on a new butterfly so I will just wait.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I guess the answer today is...

I dont like it as much as the ONE!!!
    Just got the Butterfly last week. I am coming from Samsung galaxy series. So far, the Butterfly has been a great phone and I find myself using the Butterfly more now then my Note 2. The Butterfly screen is amazing!!! I had the Sony Xperia Z but sold it after 5 days. The screen on the Z is not as good as the Butterfly and the battery life on the Z sucks big time. I am glad I got the butterfly and I think I will be switching back to HTC from now on.
    It's a good phone, resolution is great on the display, sound is alot louder than other htc devices I have owned including one x international ver. lack of a kernel that has system rw while phone is booted bugs me a little(dna had the same problem before also) rw for system is only working in recovery in a flash .zip. Overall I'm pretty happy with my purchase.
    I changed my HTC One X to HTC Butterfly. This is my 2nd butterfly because my 1st butterfly has a little problem, which is cannot charge until 100%, it stuck at 99% and continute charging (my led indicatior always on red). My 2nd butterfly doesnt have that issue but i can hear a "tick" sound on the bottom of the phone when i press on that (just beside the charging port,on the left). Do you guys think i had a defect butterly?
    Only 2 things i dislike about my x920d. First, the charging shutter almost break into half after 2 weeks usage, it's very inconvienient because i have to open it at least 4 times a day to charge to maintain the gaming power drain. Second, the 16gb internal memory really small. Yes, i can have 32gb micro sd, but that is for music files and photos, not game data. Wild Blood, Generation of Chaos, Asphalt 7 and then a Chaos Ring, already eaten up most of the space.. Is the internal memory so expensive? At least give us choice to select larger capacity.. Maybe after few months, another butterfly+ like OneX+ will appear, will consider to switch for it.

Other than that, It's a best phone i used, fast gps lock, neat screen, good speaker sound, fast camera, real multitasking, 3d gaming with no lag, and almost zero battery loss during whole night with power saving profile :)